Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 12:57 AM

234 posts, read 99,459 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd start this thread for anybody to post their alien encounters of any kind, and for other members to make comments etc..
Okay I'll start with my own possible abduction experience when I was age 50-

THE SPALDING INCIDENT (Lincolnshire, England, 1998)

I was on a lone bicycle-camping trip and camped for the night near the town of Spalding, the blue dot marks the location of my tent-

An aerial view, the yellow dot is my tent, and a circled grove of trees is near it-

A fisheye panorama shot from the road, my tent was on the other side of that circled hut on the right nicely hidden from view, and the larger circle is the grove-

A closer view of the hut-

and the grove-
"Ye elves of hills, brooks, standing lakes and groves"-Shakesp's The Tempest

I had slight trouble getting off to sleep, as if there was a sort of 'static' in the air but I eventually dropped off and had a 'dream' in which i was out of the tent in the night following a brown hooded monk-like figure towards the grove in which there seemed to be some kind of craft, and there the dream ended.
Next morning I woke up back in the tent behind the hut but it seemed as if morning had arrived too quickly, as if time had gone missing.
I noticed I had a large yellowish bruise on my shin, it wasn't the least bit painful to the touch and i had no idea how i'd got it.
I thought no more of it and broke camp and got on with the trip with no ill effects and the bruise faded over the next week or two.
The incident never left me traumatised or stressed in any way, and I had no 'flashbacks' or anything...
Was I abducted and messed about with? I just don't know..

Last edited by PoorOldSpike; 09-24-2021 at 01:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 09:41 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Oh yes, you were abducted.

Old 09-24-2021, 02:55 PM

Two pieces of circumstantial evidence were the bruise on my shin, and the dream in which I was following a monk.
I could speculate that the 'bruise' might have been an antiseptic stain where they'd drilled into my shinbone to extract DNA or something.
One of the most well-known examples of UFO's leaving a mark on somebody was this one-

As regards the 'monk', monks also pop up from time to time in alleged abductees accounts like these below in Whitley Striebers true account, later made into the film 'Communion' with Christopher Walken-

Old 09-24-2021, 07:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
The night i saw the hat man I covered my head then felt I was sliding across the bed, sheet and all. Faint memory in morning of things coming through the exterior wall. Thats why I think the hat is a disguise. Certify me now.

Old 09-24-2021, 09:53 PM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
I feel that we can become lucid/aware in our sleep and see the other realities which we all experience during sleep (but most of us are not 'aware' in these realities.) This is experienced by way of OBEs, seeing through closed eyelids, vivid images at the edge of sleep, etc.

So, the monk may have been someone who may be a 'guide'. People who do OBEs often say there is a figure observing us and that figure for some people has been a monk with a cowl over his head. They generally stay out of the way and just seem to be observing. I have read a couple of books where this kind of thing is reported which is why I remember it.

OP, unless you have other marks on your body like triangles, scoops, etc and/or flashbacks, or an uneasy feeling, I dont think I should worry too much. I think if it had been anything more than a rather lucid dream, I think you would feel something more.

I think there is some part of our consciousness that knows and records everything which goes on (and creates the "life review" data which we all experience at the time of death) so I think our subconscious would let us know if something was not right and that we had been subjected to some kind of (alien) abuse.

Old 09-24-2021, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The night i saw the hat man I covered my head then felt I was sliding across the bed, sheet and all. Faint memory in morning of things coming through the exterior wall. Thats why I think the hat is a disguise. Certify me now.
Ive read many peoples accounts of seeing this 'hat man', most describe it as a tall man, but no features can be seen, pretty much all black, some say he has a long trench coat and a hat, others, just the wide brimmed hat.

Seems like a shadow person imo, which sound like dark entities from the things ive read.

Ive seen a few strange things in my life, but I think if I ever saw this hat man, it would be much more frightening than anything else.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:53 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive read many peoples accounts of seeing this 'hat man', most describe it as a tall man, but no features can be seen, pretty much all black, some say he has a long trench coat and a hat, others, just the wide brimmed hat.

Seems like a shadow person imo, which sound like dark entities from the things ive read.

Ive seen a few strange things in my life, but I think if I ever saw this hat man, it would be much more frightening than anything else.

Like what may I ask?

Old 09-25-2021, 12:48 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Sihllouette, wide hat, long coat. This was in the 80s. I only recently heard others mention it and my jaw dropped

Old 09-25-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Like what may I ask?
Ive posted these incidents a few times over the years but there are mainly 2...

First one was around 1992, I was 17 living with my 15yr old girlfriend at the time...( probably a thread in itself!!), I was lounging on the bed one day, and with the bedroom door open, you could see down the hall into the stairwell...I saw this grayish transparent blob floating around near the ceiling of the stairwell, It never did anything significant, it just floated around for a little while and then went around the corner and was gone. It was about 18-24" dia.

The other incident was much stranger, this was around 2007-08, I was outside on the back deck of the house my wife and I shared, the next street over from us, was a small community church, that backed up to my yard, I saw a gold colored ball floating above the roof, at about 1am, I watched it for awhile and went in to grab my digital camera, ( I did not yet have a cell phone with a camera), when I came back out, this gold ball was in my backyard, roughly 30ft from the deck, about 3ft off the ground, It looked like a gold ball, it wasnt glowing or anything, but did sort of look like it had luminescence of some kind, there was no sound or movement of grass beneath it. I was able to snap a picture of it, after awhile of it not doing anything, I went inside to upload to the computer...Once on my PC, I zoomed in and saw it wasnt gold at all, it looked exactly like a human blood cell, it had an 'outer skin' that looked like static and was made of every color of the rainbow...( No I do not have this picture anymore, I didnt save it).

I did think about trying to walk up to this ball and touch it, but my conscious told me not to do that. I wish I had today though!! There was no missing time and I never had any strange feelings during the incident. After I was on the computer, I went back outside and it was gone.

Oh yea, there was one more minor incident, this happened while I was in middle school, ( late 80s), we lived in a bi level house and I had the lower level to myself, the main living room area had the cheap vinyl tile flooring and we had a pool table in there, for awhile, I would be woken up by the sound of pool balls slamming into the floor, but nothing would be out of place whenever I checked, this went on for awhile and some nights, it kept me awake for hours, it was very loud, ( I can still hear that sound of pool balls hitting the vinyl tiles)...I was never able to see anything though, despite trying many times, We eventually moved out of that house thankfully. My parents never believed me, they thought I was dreaming. LOL

Old 09-25-2021, 11:01 PM

Regarding the Hat Man and other night-time visitors, it's possible that there's a "twilight zone" between being awake and being asleep in which they make their move.
When turning over in bed our tired sleepy brains might not know if we're awake or asleep, and that's when "things" might happen.
Personally when I turn over, I sometimes find an unpleasant half-forgotten memory from my past has been inserted into my head, and I find it difficult to put it out of my thoughts and get back to sleep.
The memory can be different each time, but is always unpleasant and negative in some way.
We could therefore speculate that an entity is responsible for inserting those things into our heads, and perhaps we could even assign a name to him- "The Devil's Postman"?

Last edited by PoorOldSpike; 09-25-2021 at 11:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal