Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 04:32 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,163,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
When was the last 'bigfoot hoax', that was on the same level as Pattern and Gimlin?

When I say on the same level, I mean, generally looked at as being very significant, and multiple universities and other research groups analyze every single aspect of the film, breaking it down into frame by frame, and so on. With patterson and Gimlin film, there is a list as long as my arm of different universities and other scientific research groups that have analyzed every portion of it...Im looking for an example of a similar video or picture of a more recent 'hoax', (one that has had as much attention and analysis basically)...there should be MANY of these today...considering technology and increased number of enthusiasts.
50 years ago is not today. Where is the 'creature' that P&G filmed? Other than Bob coming forward and passing a lie detector test, nobody has ever recovered physical proof that any of these creatures really exist. We are also aware there were only a few cameras in 1969 that could take those videos Today there are more cameras than people in the US.

Just because somebody is in college does not mean they are sane or rational: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/art...mental_health:

"The challenge is clear. In 2018, researchers who surveyed almost 14,000 first-year college students (in eight countries) found that 35 percent struggled with a mental illness, particularly depression or anxiety."

Some of that 35% go on to become our next professors.

You can tell us one tall story after another and quote the 'experts', for whatever that is worth; but you cannot produce evidence. Show us the evidence and prove skeptics wrong. I would love to see you do that, but I think there is a snowball's chance in hell that will ever happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 06:40 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,847,312 times
First thought is it didn't look like the tree moved...

Old 10-03-2021, 10:29 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,620,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
50 years ago is not today. Where is the 'creature' that P&G filmed? Other than Bob coming forward and passing a lie detector test, nobody has ever recovered physical proof that any of these creatures really exist. We are also aware there were only a few cameras in 1969 that could take those videos Today there are more cameras than people in the US.

Just because somebody is in college does not mean they are sane or rational: https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/art...mental_health:

"The challenge is clear. In 2018, researchers who surveyed almost 14,000 first-year college students (in eight countries) found that 35 percent struggled with a mental illness, particularly depression or anxiety."

Some of that 35% go on to become our next professors.

You can tell us one tall story after another and quote the 'experts', for whatever that is worth; but you cannot produce evidence. Show us the evidence and prove skeptics wrong. I would love to see you do that, but I think there is a snowball's chance in hell that will ever happen.
You really dont think its odd, that the last 'decent video footage' of a supposed sasquatch....was decades ago?!

I dont think there is a single other piece of video/picture footage that has been extensively analyzed as the Patterson Gimlin film...and we are in 2021 now!! There are 10s of 1000s of cryptid enthusiasts today, young kids can do all sorts of things with computers and digital technology...all this and the last footage that was taken seriously enough to be analyzed by numerous scientific experts, was in the 1960s?!! LOL That is ridiculous.

I find it very hard to believe that some cryptid enthusiasts out there, wanting to make a name for themselves, does not come up with a comparable footage! (that universities and other experts take seriously enough to analyze).

Old 10-04-2021, 01:10 AM

Quote:
You really dont think its odd, that the last 'decent video footage' of a supposed sasquatch....was decades ago?!

I dont think there is a single other piece of video/picture footage that has been extensively analyzed as the Patterson Gimlin film...and we are in 2021 now!! There are 10s of 1000s of cryptid enthusiasts today, young kids can do all sorts of things with computers and digital technology...all this and the last footage that was taken seriously enough to be analyzed by numerous scientific experts, was in the 1960s?!! LOL That is ridiculous.

I find it very hard to believe that some cryptid enthusiasts out there, wanting to make a name for themselves, does not come up with a comparable footage! (that universities and other experts take seriously enough to analyze).
Here is our impasse, you don't think it is odd that in all these years you have no evidence that any of your creatures are real! Prove me wrong with evidence. Hearsay and stories don't make a creature real.

Old 10-04-2021, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Here is our impasse, you don't think it is odd that in all these years you have no evidence that any of your creatures are real! Prove me wrong with evidence. Hearsay and stories don't make a creature real.
Well, I consider much of what Dr Jeff Meldrum has found is pretty SOLID imo...

Whats the likelihood that some 'prankster' is going to know more about primate/human foot anatomy that experts at the time? (so as to create a fake footprint with all the correct anatomical features), things the experts would not discover until years later.

All the 'stories/reports' are just icing on the cake imo....the fact is...people are seeing something and describing it basically the same way (with some variations naturally), but overall, its a big hairy humanoid shaped thing, that looks like a cross between a human and an ape.

Old 10-05-2021, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Well, I consider much of what Dr Jeff Meldrum has found is pretty SOLID imo...

Whats the likelihood that some 'prankster' is going to know more about primate/human foot anatomy that experts at the time? (so as to create a fake footprint with all the correct anatomical features), things the experts would not discover until years later.

All the 'stories/reports' are just icing on the cake imo....the fact is...people are seeing something and describing it basically the same way (with some variations naturally), but overall, its a big hairy humanoid shaped thing, that looks like a cross between a human and an ape.
The world does have pranksters with knowledge of anatomy. Almost anything can be researched on the internet if you know the right questions and places to look.

The thing that makes me very suspicious of Meldrum's work is that he claims these are real casts of real creatures. But if BF is real, then where is the evidence? When I question you you'll turn towards the paranormal or interdimensional creatures that can blink in and out of our world. That is the only explanation you have for why there is no evidence or clear pictures.

Stories/reports are not 'icing on the cake'; they are a start. But when you have no evidence to back up that start; then you have nothing.

Old 10-05-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
The world does have pranksters with knowledge of anatomy. Almost anything can be researched on the internet if you know the right questions and places to look.

The thing that makes me very suspicious of Meldrum's work is that he claims these are real casts of real creatures. But if BF is real, then where is the evidence? When I question you you'll turn towards the paranormal or interdimensional creatures that can blink in and out of our world. That is the only explanation you have for why there is no evidence or clear pictures.

Stories/reports are not 'icing on the cake'; they are a start. But when you have no evidence to back up that start; then you have nothing.
The footprints I was talking about were the ones found decades ago (before the internet), the prankster back in the 60s or 70s would have had to know anatomical details that the experts at the time wouldnt know until many years later...that is highly unlikely,

Plus, for those trying to propagate that Bigfoot is real...thats a great way to ruin your credibility! If I told my boss that I believed in bigfoot, she would probably start to think I had mental problems and it may impact my job if it came down to it. (this is especially true for scientists and experts), once they say they believe in Bigfoot, they become the laughing stock and not taken seriously anymore.

Old 10-06-2021, 03:53 AM

Quote:
The footprints I was talking about were the ones found decades ago (before the internet), the prankster back in the 60s or 70s would have had to know anatomical details that the experts at the time wouldnt know until many years later...that is highly unlikely,

Plus, for those trying to propagate that Bigfoot is real...thats a great way to ruin your credibility! If I told my boss that I believed in bigfoot, she would probably start to think I had mental problems and it may impact my job if it came down to it. (this is especially true for scientists and experts), once they say they believe in Bigfoot, they become the laughing stock and not taken seriously anymore.
To the best of my knowledge, none of this Bigfoot track casting has withstood solid peer review. There is very little information available on the independent studies of these castings. Here is one article that does mention how the fakes were mixed in with supposedly 'real' castings: https://skepticalinquirer.org/newsle...foot-evidence/.

Regardless, a cast is not a bone. If your creatures do live, they also die. A real corpus is hard to fake, although some have tried.

Old 10-06-2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, none of this Bigfoot track casting has withstood solid peer review. There is very little information available on the independent studies of these castings. Here is one article that does mention how the fakes were mixed in with supposedly 'real' castings: https://skepticalinquirer.org/newsle...foot-evidence/.

Regardless, a cast is not a bone. If your creatures do live, they also die. A real corpus is hard to fake, although some have tried.
From what I understand, people that know what they are looking at (anthropologists and such), know what to look for. It was Dr Meldrum that discovered the primate anatomical details to these castings, If you really watched him explain it, it makes perfect sense...there is NO WAY in hell some prankster would have the smarts (years before scientists) of these anatomical features...(if they did, they would be the ones trying to profit from it)

There are also dermal ridges seen on some of these castings, Meldrum explains those too. Im not claiming to know why or how Sasquatches exist or how they have been so elusive, but from what Ive seen personally, I believe 110% they exist (in some capacity), but I dont think they are just some normal undiscovered animal/primate...there is something else going on with them that is somewhat mysterious

Old 10-07-2021, 05:01 AM

Quote:
From what I understand, people that know what they are looking at (anthropologists and such), know what to look for. It was Dr Meldrum that discovered the primate anatomical details to these castings, If you really watched him explain it, it makes perfect sense...there is NO WAY in hell some prankster would have the smarts (years before scientists) of these anatomical features...(if they did, they would be the ones trying to profit from it)

There are also dermal ridges seen on some of these castings, Meldrum explains those too. Im not claiming to know why or how Sasquatches exist or how they have been so elusive, but from what Ive seen personally, I believe 110% they exist (in some capacity), but I dont think they are just some normal undiscovered animal/primate...there is something else going on with them that is somewhat mysterious
According to this link (https://www.is-bigfoot-real.com/jeff-meldrum/) I quote:

"To Meldrum’s critics, which includes university peers along with scientists within his own field, that same collection doesn’t amount to legitimate evidence, and Meldrum’s study of it is actually pseudoscientific."

You also might want to read the one comment.

The point I am making is that people see what they want to see. It does not make it real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal