Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 11:29 PM

72 posts, read 57,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Sometimes, I think maybe our house is haunted. Nothing really dramatic happens, and really...not even scary. It's just...stuff happens sometimes.

1. Often enough, if I'm alone in the house, I hear someone walking around upstairs. Floors creak, doors open or close...stuff like that.

2. Once, I heard someone laugh upstairs. Just a chuckle. I was the only one home.

3. Every once in a while, I will see a streak of light in our hallway, upstairs. It lasts for a second or so. No noise, and I'm pretty sure it's not car lights...but not completely sure.

4. Another time, I heard a male voice cough.

5. Another time, I was sitting in my kitchen/dining room, working away, the house being very quiet. In rapid succession, a couple of my frying pans, hanging on hooks, started swaying back and forth, then several papers and envelopes slid off the kitchen island, on to the floor, and then some dishes in the sink shifted and made a bit of a racket. They all happened within a few seconds of each other. It was as if (to me) someone went around the kitchen and did these various things to really get my attention. LOL

It was mid morning, a beautiful day. Not a spooky night time kind of thing.

I often mention to my husband that weird stuff happens in this house. He agrees with me. He's often heard the walking around upstairs, and he's the only one home. Anyone who wants to say there's a logical reason these things happen...OK. But it's stuff I've experienced.

What year was your house built?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 07:10 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeket View Post

What year was your house built?

Our house was built in the 70's.

The people who lived in the house before us were a married couple with a couple of grown kids. They were a few years older than my husband and I, and the lady's mother lived with them. The older lady did NOT die in the house...but sometimes I wonder if it's because of her...or maybe her husband, that the weird stuff happens. When I heard the coughing and chuckle, it was a man's voice...so... I don't know. Except for the occasional flash of light, I don't see anything.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:25 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
One time when everybody in the house left and I was all alone, I ventured into the dining room and opened the refrigerator door. Suddenly one of the pots in the fridge shook all by itself. Hard.

I have no explanation for this event, but I know there's a lot of creatures we as humans might not really be able to see.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:39 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Wow! Your late husband was a very difficult person to convince! That "little old lady dressed in black" incident, would be MORE than enough to convince most folks. Especially since the sighting was confirmed by your husband's friend.

Do you believe that he saw what he said he saw? I am curious, how did you explain the sighting? Or, the confirmation by the friend?
Well, because he didn’t believe it, and explained it away in his head, it sort of was an interesting thing that happened. We joked about it.

Keep in mind — I’m not a believer either.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:13 AM

666 posts, read 422,523 times
Another observation from ghost behavior on camera: If you are a paranormal investigator, once you have been drawn into a room by a sound or sighting, try not to continue to focus on whatever you believe caused the sight/sound. In a lot of these videos, the spirit seems to want your attention on that thing while they go off and manipulate something else nearby, out of view or to simply stand in the darkness and look on as you innocently prod the point of interest.

I would be interested to see what a rear mounted camera (on the back of a hat or something) might catch during such scenarios.

Old 10-12-2021, 04:13 PM

215 posts, read 144,034 times
I think some ghost sightings could be hallucinations? when I use to drive home late at night during long road trips, I use to get sleepy and sometimes fell asleep at the wheel for a short time and thought I saw things like a giant dog as tall as the trees over 30 feet tall , when you get tired and sleepy you start dreaming or imagining things thinking it was a ghost.

this doesnt happen when fully alert not drowsy or very tired from lack of sleep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal