Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 02:06 AM

6,965 posts, read 6,897,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
It's amazing to me that we can't get one single clear piece of evidence for a UFO. It's always grainy, blurry, pixelated, or sooooo far away that you can't tell what it is...
I dont know how good your eyesight is, but these images show this thing has no wings. Can you imagine them as you look at the above pictures? They are not all that grainy either and I have enlarged the image a fair amount.

The government are not going to even acknowledge the possibility that it MIGHT be a secret project since it is secret and unacknowledged to be in existence. Of course they would say it isn't ours, even if it might be. Just because the writers of the report do not know what is available to the military, they are not able to say thats what it is. I still think some of them are military and some are ET, and there is no way we can tell - either now or in the future - who is piloting these things unless they step outside.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 10-12-2021 at 02:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 05:49 AM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Although the recent Congressional UFO report was a big nothing burger, they DID rule some things out...they KNOW these things are not Govt or military experimental/developmental aircraft.

Ruling things out is significant imo.
If the UFO I saw was man-made, then our tech is not just a few years but several decades beyond what we believe. I'm just skeptical that any government or corporation could keep such secrets.

That said, I am equally skeptical about the "Great UFO Conspiracy," greys, abductions, reptiloids, etc., etc., etc.

I suspect the truth of what these things are is something so weird that we don't yet have a frame of reference for it.

Until more evidence comes to light, the U in UFO remains "unidentified."

Old 10-12-2021, 02:33 PM

92 posts, read 58,267 times
Not an airplane.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:53 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,640,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If the UFO I saw was man-made, then our tech is not just a few years but several decades beyond what we believe. I'm just skeptical that any government or corporation could keep such secrets.

That said, I am equally skeptical about the "Great UFO Conspiracy," greys, abductions, reptiloids, etc., etc., etc.

I suspect the truth of what these things are is something so weird that we don't yet have a frame of reference for it.

Until more evidence comes to light, the U in UFO remains "unidentified."
I do think the worlds govts know more than they claim, (even the Congressional report had a classified annex), no telling what was in that version.

These things are not a new phenomenon, its been going on since the 1940s and really even longer...they know a little bit, that Im sure of.

Reading thru some of the Govt documents about these UFOs, its clear there is always an effort to keep it quiet, they must have some reason to do this. IMO, I think the govt fears public reaction, Cmon, even Disney was contracted to do a 'introduce the public to aliens' short informational film,(before it was halted)! LOL

Old 10-13-2021, 06:59 AM

22,011 posts, read 13,047,113 times
Definitely not an airplane. Most people see only what they want or expect to see.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:27 AM

11,619 posts, read 6,086,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
We, here on Earth, have 1000's of different planes, helicopters, and gliders plus at least 25 different rocket designs...
Not even close to the same thing. We have a massive diversity of short range craft.

The very nearest planet that could possibly source aliens is Alpha Centauri, 4.7 light years away. There is no reason to believe her planets could support life of any kind, but point is, that is how far away the very closest potential aliens would have to travel. It would be pointless to make a myriad of long-range craft to bridge that distance just to poke around earth.

An intelligent life form wouldn't do that, unless it was supremely cheap. They wouldn't wreck their own economy for the "fun" of designing 100 different long-range space craft to fulfill a single role. I don't care if they sent over space craft for several functions. In all likelihood, they would still be in a very small number of similar space craft designs. They wouldn't be all over the map from orbs to long cylinders to triangles to saucers. Wouldn't happen.

There was not a substantial difference from the Pilgrim's Mayflower or Columbus's Santa Maria. They were all rigged sailing vessels with similar wood hulls designed to float on and cut through water. To the Native Americans, that technology would have appeared god-like. The point is, at that point in Western Civilization, there was a diversity of watercraft design, but trans-ocean ships were all of a basic form. Not substantively different.

I maintain that an intelligent life form traveling 5 or 10 light years to come here would not utilize 50 different designs the way we see in all manner of "UFO" photographs and videos. It wouldn't happen. That, to me, is the very best evidence that there are no extraterrestrial alien visitors from outter space. If there were, we would see SOME KIND of consistency in space ship design from them. There would be some common design principles and we just don't see that.

I am not saying it is impossible that ETs visit earth in space craft. I am saying I see no evidence for it, and all these wildly different supposed space ships don't make a very good case for it.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:40 AM

11,619 posts, read 6,086,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If ships really cross the ocean, why are there so many different designs? You supposedly have dozens of types of cargo ships, fishing trawlers, oil tankers, dozens and dozens of different military designs, some go on the water, some go under the water, and then there those supposed "plane" things that fly over the oceans! I mean really! Why would humans possibly come up with so many different designs to cross the same ocean? Bah! More proof that ships and planes don't exist.

Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know. Remember what the U in UFO stands for.

So intelligence equals redundancy? No. Uniformity of design is not a sign of intelligence or complexity, either in technology or even in nature. Quite the reverse actually. The more advanced a culture --- and creative and imaginative and spiritual and artistic and who knows what else? --- the more varied I would expect to see their technology.

I don't see your point. I think you are making my case.

You mention dozens of cargo ships with different designs. I would say they all have similar design.

It is very true they are diverse in detailing. It is also true that they are ALL similarly shaped. Every ship is multiples longer than it's width. They all have a fairly sharp, creased prow. They all have a fairly rounded or blunt stern. They all have a deck. They all have a superstructure. Putting cranes on a ship, or having 2 smoke stacks instead of 1 smoke stack, is not a substantive difference in design.

We don't have ships that are cubes, or orbs, or cylinders. They are all very similar in their designs as nautical design is pretty constant. The physics of floating on and moving through water dictates extremely similar designs. The only exception is for submarines, which are designed to move immersed.

Now look at aircraft. Aside from experimental craft, every airplane is similar. Every one has a fuselage. Every one has a pair of wings. Almost every one has a tailplanes and a fin. Some utilize tailplanes as fins and do away with the solitary additional fin. You don't see airplanes that are substantially different in design. They are substantively similar. Yes, helicopters are completely different, I will give you that. So you have 2 different designs of aircraft -- airplanes with wings and helicopters with rotors. That is it. 2 distinct designs.

You just don't see 50 or 100 completely different designs like you do in all the UFO photos and videos. Your point would be taken if all objects were say, flying saucers. And they simply had varied details. Or if they were all long cylinders, and then had varied details. But to have orbs and spheres, cubes, triangles, romboids, saucers, rectangles, irregular shapes, and some are no more than just flashes of light.

An advanced intellegent life visiting earth wouldn't have wildly different designs for the same function. Just as all our ships have a long, narrowish hull with a sharp bow and a blunt stern, a deck, and a superstruction.

Old 10-13-2021, 06:59 PM

13,034 posts, read 9,573,030 times
Quote:
I saw this on MUFONs website and the city is just about 90 miles from me.

https://ufostalker.com/sighting/118485

The guy posted one video of the 2 pill objects and then a 2nd video of what normal planes look like going over their house, whatever the pill objects were, they were NOT normal airplanes, that is very clear in the video, they look totally different.

Not sure if there is a way to zoom in on the video to get a closer look, (anyone know how?)
Pretty interesting, and they definitely look sort of pill-shaped (if you look closely, they look like two spheres stuck together, but that might have been resolution limitations of the camera). But they have the flight characteristics of an airplane - no darting around like the Tic Tacs from the Navy, so the reasonable conclusion is that they are indeed planes and are far enough way such that the details cannot be seen on the cell phone camera.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:00 PM

6,965 posts, read 6,897,471 times
I love it when people ASSUME alien races are coming from light years away. They dont have to at all, since strange things have been seen in the sky for hundreds and thousands of years. Why couldn't they be from beneath the ocean or in Antarctica or any place where there are few humans?

Since these things can reortedly go into and out of water/air/space it seems likely they can also go through matter as well, so underground bases are a possibility. It is not too much of a stretch of the imagination these craft belong to races who are already on Earth and have been for many many years.

Old 10-13-2021, 07:11 PM

13,034 posts, read 9,573,030 times
Quote:
Where are the blinking navigation lights? (or the wings for that matter?!) LOL

These people live near an airport, their reaction to this was pretty obvious to me, they knew it wasnt airplanes.
The one that was obviously of an airplane didn't have any blinkng lights either. It was daytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal