Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 10:23 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

I saw this on MUFONs website and the city is just about 90 miles from me.

https://ufostalker.com/sighting/118485

The guy posted one video of the 2 pill objects and then a 2nd video of what normal planes look like going over their house, whatever the pill objects were, they were NOT normal airplanes, that is very clear in the video, they look totally different.

Not sure if there is a way to zoom in on the video to get a closer look, (anyone know how?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 06:19 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,688,652 times
Sure looks like planes to me. The sun is reflecting of them in the first video and the sun is behind the plane in the second video.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:09 AM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Doesn't really look like planes to me. Granted, I'm not an expert, but for the sun to reflect off planes like that with that magnitude, I would think they would need to be significantly higher than those clouds, not under them. And it doesn't look like just an odd angle now and then so the wings are not visible. I saw no wings at all, through the whole thing --- except for the second video, which is very obviously a plane.

And I admit they look almost exactly like the UFO I saw, except the one I saw, after crossing a few miles of sky, did an immediate 90+ degree turn and crossed the entire sky in less than a second.

Maybe it's a hoax. But if so, it's a good one.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:21 PM

15,804 posts, read 20,532,052 times
Inconclusive to me. I wanted to go into this thinking they were planes, but i'm not so sure. The side profile does look like the sun reflecting off the fuselage, which can sometimes obscure the wings and empennage, but their behavior is what is strange to me.

I live within 5-10 miles of a major international airport. Plane watching is something I do frequently here and sometimes you do sort of see two planes "racing" each other in the same general direction, but different altitudes. However, usually when this happens, they are very high up at cruising altitudes. In this video, they actually look pretty low, i doubt ATC would have commercial air traffic so low and so close together. Perhaps they are military, but their speed and size throws me off a bit? Also, planes that close i would expect to hear, especially if it was military. Granted, the second video had a plane that was relatively quiet so can't read into the lack of noise too much

I can't tell. Looks cool though

Old 10-08-2021, 05:43 PM

I just watched them again but put the video on my 50" TV to make everything bigger. The first video still 100% looks like 2 planes to me. It doesn't happen often but sometimes planes get that super bright glare when things are in the right angle. Around 30 seconds and after look at the bottom of the video you can see the big tall puffy white cloud. Notice how bright that cloud face is from the sun shining on it. The sun is hitting the planes from the same side but at the angle that is reflecting off the plane and why you can't see the wings very well. On my TV with a bigger screen than my laptop I can kinda see the wings on the front plane.

The second video has the sun to the back side of the plane so is basically useless except to show it is a plane.

As for seeing objects make 90 degree turns and great acceleration I don't see that as anything special at all. I know it is not something regularly seen or seen by many. I worked on a AFB almost 30 years ago and seen planes doing crazy stuff during training exercises. What they can really do now has to be beyond amazing especially the ones without pilots. The human body is what limits the crazy maneuvers not the aircraft and it has been like that for a very long time.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,884,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I just watched them again but put the video on my 50" TV to make everything bigger. The first video still 100% looks like 2 planes to me. It doesn't happen often but sometimes planes get that super bright glare when things are in the right angle. Around 30 seconds and after look at the bottom of the video you can see the big tall puffy white cloud. Notice how bright that cloud face is from the sun shining on it. The sun is hitting the planes from the same side but at the angle that is reflecting off the plane and why you can't see the wings very well. On my TV with a bigger screen than my laptop I can kinda see the wings on the front plane.

The second video has the sun to the back side of the plane so is basically useless except to show it is a plane.

As for seeing objects make 90 degree turns and great acceleration I don't see that as anything special at all. I know it is not something regularly seen or seen by many. I worked on a AFB almost 30 years ago and seen planes doing crazy stuff during training exercises. What they can really do now has to be beyond amazing especially the ones without pilots. The human body is what limits the crazy maneuvers not the aircraft and it has been like that for a very long time.

Even a helicopter cannot turn 90 degrees unless it is start-stopped-start, so I do not think any conventional aircraft or conventional winged drone is going to be able to turn the way these UFOs can turn. Now...if the military has this technology, then yes, of course the craft can be any shape at all and it does not have to have flight surfaces to fly.

What do you know Sam that makes you think we can emulate the UFOs in the sky?

I have downloaded the MOV files and enlarged the frames and there is no way I can see any wings on these things in the first file clip. I am not even sure they are military drones like the ones they have for surveillance purposes. The wings of those are quite short but I still think the wings are for flying and are therefore flying surfaces on thos drones.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 10-08-2021 at 09:03 PM..

Old 10-09-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Sure looks like planes to me. The sun is reflecting of them in the first video and the sun is behind the plane in the second video.
Did you not watch the 2nd video, of the normal airplane? They look nothing alike.

Old 10-09-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Even a helicopter cannot turn 90 degrees unless it is start-stopped-start, so I do not think any conventional aircraft or conventional winged drone is going to be able to turn the way these UFOs can turn. Now...if the military has this technology, then yes, of course the craft can be any shape at all and it does not have to have flight surfaces to fly.

What do you know Sam that makes you think we can emulate the UFOs in the sky?

I have downloaded the MOV files and enlarged the frames and there is no way I can see any wings on these things in the first file clip. I am not even sure they are military drones like the ones they have for surveillance purposes. The wings of those are quite short but I still think the wings are for flying and are therefore flying surfaces on thos drones.

If there was a way for for objects to fly without wings, tails or rotors, this would be a HUGE breakthrough, it would basically be a form of anti gravity or gravity control.

Old 10-09-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Did you not watch the 2nd video, of the normal airplane? They look nothing alike.
LOL, yes I watched both videos containing normal planes, didn't you read my entire post? Yes one video has the sun reflecting off the planes and the other has the sun behind the plane. I know it is somewhat rare but have you honestly never seen the sun shine off a plane like that before?

Old 10-09-2021, 03:58 PM

21,889 posts, read 12,991,949 times
Send it to Tucker Carlson; he features a regular UFO segment on his show.

Last edited by otterhere; 10-09-2021 at 04:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal