U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 02:49 AM

6,703 posts, read 5,922,368 times

Advertisements

Mark, so many of your comments are meaningless. What for example is a reliable witness? Who judges...you? Primate is designed to be a broad term for .. well primates. Evolution is something which "somebody" (who may be reliable or may not be) has deemed is the current way humans (in this case) arrived on the scene. Whether you or I believe it or not. I do not believe we came from apes, you do. No, extraordinary evidence just requires a person of authority (whatever that is) to say this is how it is and the 'evidence' is good enough for them. Who determines the evidence is good (or extraordinary) enough?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 06:52 AM

21,803 posts, read 25,874,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What for example is a reliable witness?
Someone whose testimony is deemed to be reliably accurate and without bias or undue influence.

Quote:
Who judges...you?
Depends entirely on the circumstances. If a woman shows up at a police station and says, "Flying saucers took my baby!" then the police will investigate. A long chain of events goes into play.

If I read an account on the Internet of someone saying, "The Grays probed my rectum!" well, I may find it interesting (or not; okay, I'll be honest: probably not), but I am not going to believe it unless the person has some evidence to back it up. No pun intended.

Quote:
Evolution is something which "somebody" (who may be reliable or may not be) has deemed is the current way humans (in this case) arrived on the scene.
The thing about evolution, as opposed to Grays and Reptiloids and Ancient Astronauts, is: There is a whole lot of evidence backing it up.

Old 10-26-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The theory of evolution is not correct. It claims humans used to be animals, before we evolved into humans. That is not possible for several reasons. Humans were made by God, as all living creatures were. All living creatures have their own biology.
Believing in God and Evolution are not contradictory beliefs. Lots of people believe in God the Creator and in evolution. One of them is typing this to you right now.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Someone whose testimony is deemed to be reliably accurate and without bias or undue influence.

Depends entirely on the circumstances. If a woman shows up at a police station and says, "Flying saucers took my baby!" then the police will investigate. A long chain of events goes into play.

If I read an account on the Internet of someone saying, "The Grays probed my rectum!" well, I may find it interesting (or not; okay, I'll be honest: probably not), but I am not going to believe it unless the person has some evidence to back it up. No pun intended.

The thing about evolution, as opposed to Grays and Reptiloids and Ancient Astronauts, is: There is a whole lot of evidence backing it up.
Nope, this is still meaningless. Maybe you naturally trot out this stuff, but is does not answer the questions I asked.

"A long chain of events goes into play." What you are describing is PROCESS, not evidence and you are avoiding the questions I asked. Examples do not answer the questions.

Tricky lad eh? Maybe you are a slippery politician in your spare time?

Old 10-28-2021, 07:14 AM

Quote:
A long chain of events goes into play." What you are describing is PROCESS, not evidence and you are avoiding the questions I asked.
What evidence??? What questions? Sorry. I guess I missed them.

Quote:
Maybe you are a slippery politician in your spare time?
You caught me. I'm part of the Big Conspiracy, trying to infiltrate the True Believers. I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddlin' kids!

Last edited by Mark S.; 10-28-2021 at 07:39 AM..

Old 10-28-2021, 06:37 PM

16,945 posts, read 13,458,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Believing in God and Evolution are not contradictory beliefs. Lots of people believe in God the Creator and in evolution. One of them is typing this to you right now:
The book of Genesis explains how God made humans separately from the animals. It explains how God, at some point asked Adam to name all the animals. Here are some things you might not know.

Genesis 1:26-28 ESV
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Genesis 9:1-5 ESV
And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.

Genesis 1:20-25 ESV
And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” And there was evening and there was morning, the fifth day. And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. ...

Genesis 5:1 ESV
This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God.

Genesis 2:7 ESV
Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

Genesis 1:27 ESV
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

The Book of Genesis explains that everything was made by God, and that he made man and woman in his own image. Evolution says that people were evolved from some other animal/s. They are contradictory.

Evolution continues to be a THEORY. The Theory of Evolution.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/ma...arding_animals

Old 10-28-2021, 07:22 PM

9,204 posts, read 6,267,374 times
Quote:
The Book of Genesis explains that everything was made by God, and that he made man and woman in his own image. Evolution says that people were evolved from some other animal/s. They are contradictory.
Well, that's all fine and dandy, but what if you don't believe what the Bible says?

Lots of people out there, heck I would say a majority of the people living on this planet don't believe in the Bible and others believe in a variety of other stories and books.

Also, there is already a Religion and Spirituality forum on C-D, this is the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum, you might have posted your comments in here by mistake!

Old 10-28-2021, 09:43 PM

I suppose we are all debating our beliefs. Even science has beliefs and opinions about, for example, what they might find. They may look at data and come to a conclusion but it is still often "an informed opinion" at the end of the day. Religion and science are moving towards one another the more we know about consciousness and the mind, but many still believe that the mind is the brain is where consciousness resides.

There CAN be mysteries which are unexplained which religion claims for their own - such as interaction and sightings of angels and other 'heavenly' bodies, burning bushes, wheels of fire, ascendings into 'heaven' and all manner of strange things recorded. Much like we do today.

It is the data which they often dont have unless you accept what the books tell us as "data" I suppose. Then...back to beliefs again.

Old 10-28-2021, 11:41 PM

16,945 posts, read 13,458,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Well, that's all fine and dandy, but what if you don't believe what the Bible says?

Lots of people out there, heck I would say a majority of the people living on this planet don't believe in the Bible and others believe in a variety of other stories and books.

Also, there is already a Religion and Spirituality forum on C-D, this is the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum, you might have posted your comments in here by mistake!
I'm not trying to turn this into a religious debate. I did not make a mistake. The person I responded to said he believes evolution and God can be connected. I explained why it's not really possible for that.

If you and others don't care to believe, I hope you can at least be tolerant of those of us who do. Being treated like a second hand citizen just because we believe in God, has become more and more common. I am not attacking anyone that doesn't believe, I am simply explaing why evolution and God are not really connected. And just like I don't attack others for their choice to not believe, I expect others will also not attack me.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Genesis also has a talking snake and light existing before the sun and stars. Genesis is true in a theological sense, but it is not a literal history book. It's symbolic.

It is perfectly reasonable to believe in God and evolution, even to profess religious creeds and believe in evolution. Billions of people on the planet do.

Can you reconcile a literal interpretation of Genesis 1-11 with evolution? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal