U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2021, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Vermont
11,587 posts, read 13,724,125 times
Reputation: 18029

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The theory of evolution is not correct. It claims humans used to be animals, before we evolved into humans. That is not possible for several reasons. Humans were made by God, as all living creatures were. All living creatures have their own biology.
I think you're very confused about the theory of evolution.

No scientist claims that humans *used to be* animals.

Humans *are* animals, and the genetic lineage could not be clearer. Are there things we don't know yet? Certainly, but it is by continuing research into the fact of evolution that we will learn them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2021, 05:56 PM
 
Location: PRC
6,703 posts, read 5,922,368 times
Reputation: 6155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I think you're very confused about the theory of evolution.

No scientist claims that humans *used to be* animals.

Humans *are* animals, and the genetic lineage could not be clearer. Are there things we don't know yet? Certainly, but it is by continuing research into the fact of evolution that we will learn them.
The part I bolded is not true. It is NOT clear.

I am not an expert so I may have got this wrong, but where is the link between ancient apes and modern humans? Physiologically there are so many differences, one cannot have come from the other. Just because our genetics are similar does not mean one evolved from the other. Brown eyed apes and blue eyed humans - where did the blue eyes genetically come from?

Yes, humans are animals rather than... say, repltiles but a classification or naming system is one devised by man to create scientific order. Ultimately humans place things into 'boxes' to make organisation easier.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2021, 06:17 PM
 
15,366 posts, read 24,725,472 times
Reputation: 29790
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The part I bolded is not true. It is NOT clear.

I am not an expert so I may have got this wrong, but where is the link between ancient apes and modern humans? Physiologically there are so many differences, one cannot have come from the other. Just because our genetics are similar does not mean one evolved from the other. Brown eyed apes and blue eyed humans - where did the blue eyes genetically come from?

Yes, humans are animals rather than... say, repltiles but a classification or naming system is one devised by man to create scientific order. Ultimately humans place things into 'boxes' to make organisation easier.
Once again, we do not come from apes. We share a genetic common ancestor. We don’t know where that ancestor is, but when that ancestor was alive I’m pretty sure he didn’t look either human, or ape.

That’s why we are only a few genes away from apes. Somewhere in the way back time we had a common ancestor. And that’s why everything on this earth shares genetic material. We share the same genetic material, 66%, as a banana. Somewhere along the line some of us were bananas and frankly this whole subject is making me bananas so I really understand this.

I recently read maybe about six months ago in the Smithsonian magazine? That blue eyes come from a single genetic anomaly. Once again we can’t find these people cause you’re going back 20 or 30,000 years.
__________________
Solly says — Be nice!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2021, 04:52 AM
 
Location: PRC
6,703 posts, read 5,922,368 times
Reputation: 6155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Once again, we do not come from apes. We share a genetic common ancestor. We don’t know where that ancestor is, but when that ancestor was alive I’m pretty sure he didn’t look either human, or ape.

That’s why we are only a few genes away from apes. Somewhere in the way back time we had a common ancestor. And that’s why everything on this earth shares genetic material. We share the same genetic material, 66%, as a banana. Somewhere along the line some of us were bananas and frankly this whole subject is making me bananas so I really understand this.

I recently read maybe about six months ago in the Smithsonian magazine? That blue eyes come from a single genetic anomaly. Once again we can’t find these people cause you’re going back 20 or 30,000 years.

Once again, please read my post. I did NOT say we came from apes. Where did I say that?
Like last time, you did not read the post then either.

All this is speculation. If you like science so much, how about really examining the data. There is NO evidence we evolved from apes, however close the DNA matches. As I pointed out, physiologically we are supposed to be very different and cannot have evolved from them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2021, 06:28 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
18,525 posts, read 18,210,368 times
Reputation: 25500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Once again, we do not come from apes. We share a genetic common ancestor. We don’t know where that ancestor is, but when that ancestor was alive I’m pretty sure he didn’t look either human, or ape.

That’s why we are only a few genes away from apes. Somewhere in the way back time we had a common ancestor. And that’s why everything on this earth shares genetic material. We share the same genetic material, 66%, as a banana. Somewhere along the line some of us were bananas and frankly this whole subject is making me bananas so I really understand this.

I recently read maybe about six months ago in the Smithsonian magazine? That blue eyes come from a single genetic anomaly. Once again we can’t find these people cause you’re going back 20 or 30,000 years.
Well, I definitely don't come from apes, I'm Rh O Negative. It says on the interwebs I'm probably an alien hybrid right now.




Back to the pregnancy thing..

Rh Incompatibility - NIH
https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-top...ncompatibility
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2021, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Maine
21,803 posts, read 25,874,155 times
Reputation: 28448
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The part I bolded is not true. It is NOT clear.

I am not an expert so I may have got this wrong, but where is the link between ancient apes and modern humans?
You are wrong. The fossil record alone shows overwhelming evidence that modern humans and modern chimpanzees share a common ancestor. The genetic evidence has sealed the argument.

Modern apes are not our grandparents. But they are our cousins.


https://humanorigins.si.edu/educatio...sked-questions

Quote:
How are humans and monkeys related?
Humans and monkeys are both primates. But humans are not descended from monkeys or any other primate living today. We do share a common ape ancestor with chimpanzees. It lived between 8 and 6 million years ago. But humans and chimpanzees evolved differently from that same ancestor. All apes and monkeys share a more distant relative, which lived about 25 million years ago.

Did humans evolve in a straight line, one species after another?
Human evolution, like evolution in other species, did not proceed in a straight line. Instead, a diversity of species diverged from common ancestors, like branches on a bush. Our species, Homo sapiens, is the only survivor. But there were many times in the past when several early human species lived at the same time.
Also:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-looked-liked/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...out-evolution/

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-00997-4

https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/501557

https://www.amnh.org/explore/news-bl...uman-evolution
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2021, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Maine
21,803 posts, read 25,874,155 times
Reputation: 28448
^That said, you have hit upon a kernel of truth. Despite our remarkable physical similarities to chimps, there is a VAST gulf of something that separates us, not just physically but psychologically and dare I say spiritually? What is that? That is still a matter for debate. But it is pretty clear that though humans might be animals, we are not just animals.

What makes us human? What separates us from the other animals?

https://blog.magiscenter.com/blog/70...igin-of-a-soul

https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/why-only-us

https://acp.eugraph.com/apes/index.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2021, 11:59 AM
 
28,124 posts, read 10,643,187 times
Reputation: 15273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
^That said, you have hit upon a kernel of truth. Despite our remarkable physical similarities to chimps, there is a VAST gulf of something that separates us, not just physically but psychologically and dare I say spiritually? What is that? That is still a matter for debate. But it is pretty clear that though humans might be animals, we are not just animals.

What makes us human? What separates us from the other animals?

https://blog.magiscenter.com/blog/70...igin-of-a-soul

https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/why-only-us

https://acp.eugraph.com/apes/index.html
I wonder if anyone has looked into the future of human evolution...what we will probably look like, and be like, in say, 500 yrs, 1000 yrs, 100,000 yrs...?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2021, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Maine
21,803 posts, read 25,874,155 times
Reputation: 28448
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I wonder if anyone has looked into the future of human evolution...what we will probably look like, and be like, in say, 500 yrs, 1000 yrs, 100,000 yrs...?
Sure. It's all speculation, but it's fun. Just Google "what will humans look like in 1000 years" and you'll get lots of fun reading.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2021, 04:28 AM
 
16,945 posts, read 13,458,709 times
Reputation: 11709
According to your article, the Pope has said he believes in evolution, but I am not convinced. Who's to say that those fossils and skulls they found of so called ancestral humans were not just another animal created by God? Therefore, humans are not descended from any of these creatures, only genetically similar. Humans have always been humans, if you ask me.

Since the title of the thread is about aliens abducting human women to have babies with the lizard people, I will stay on topic and go a step further and say that maybe these aliens breeded humans with some other animal, therefore creating those ancient "people" they like to claim are human. But since they were not really human, they died out, much like those sheep that are born with a human face. They soon die out.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sh...5e44cec6ab686b
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top