Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 08:02 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,185 times

Advertisements

I am interested in how many regulars to this forum that believe in UFOs also believe in other paranormal things . I would have never linked the two in my mind, and would have regarded believers in UFOs as people who just saw unidentified things they couldn’t explain . But there seems to be some overlap in this forum between believing in UFOs and also believing in werewolves, vampires, and such .

So how many who believe in UFOs also believe in other paranormal things? Is this overlap common among a lot or even most UFO believers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 12:18 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
There are some that theorize its all connected in some way, I listened to a podcast recently and they brought up that in most cases, areas that see a lot of UFO sightings, also has other strange phenomena (like bigfoot, crytpids, etc).

Im not sure whether there is a connection though, Ive seen a UFO very close, but never a cryptid.

Old 11-01-2021, 12:19 PM

2,451 posts, read 1,680,959 times
When I believed I was all in on all of it. So was the few others I hung out with back then that also believed in UFOs, paranormal, and cryptids. I also lost beliefs in it all about the same time after many years of believing.

UFOs are just that a Unidentified Flying Object, that does not mean little green beings are flying them. I do believe there is other life in the vastness of space. Just not that they are flying around here.

Old 11-01-2021, 09:52 PM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
When I believed I was all in on all of it. So was the few others I hung out with back then that also believed in UFOs, paranormal, and cryptids. I also lost beliefs in it all about the same time after many years of believing.

UFOs are just that a Unidentified Flying Object, that does not mean little green beings are flying them. I do believe there is other life in the vastness of space. Just not that they are flying around here.
But there are stories (yes stories or you can call them 'reports' if you like) of alien beings being seen at UFO crashes and also at other times - particularly in Mexico I believe.

So...you DO believe the aliens are out there but comfortingly, not flying around the Earth. How convenient. Could it be that you cannot really handle the fear of coming face-to-face with an ugly alien?

I assume then that you think ALL these strange craft which cannot be identified, are either atmospheric anomalies or military secret projects. Because in your mind, there cannot ever be aliens inside flying them.

Like Fisheye, you Sam are putting the reports of aliens as just people making stuff up fo money or fame. If you base others on your own actions, then you must also be one of these guys - just like he is. Have you made much money or are you famous yet?

Old 11-01-2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post

Wouldnt you love to get a look at the classified version of the recent Congressional UFO report?!

I wonder if there is a way to find out what size the classified version is, (compared to the public one), Im sure its much larger, normally when you file a FOIA request, (even if its denied), I believe they still tell you the documents size (# of pages anyway), and which agency currently has the document.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
But there are stories (yes stories or you can call them 'reports' if you like) of alien beings being seen at UFO crashes and also at other times - particularly in Mexico I believe.

So...you DO believe the aliens are out there but comfortingly, not flying around the Earth. How convenient. Could it be that you cannot really handle the fear of coming face-to-face with an ugly alien?

I assume then that you think ALL these strange craft which cannot be identified, are either atmospheric anomalies or military secret projects. Because in your mind, there cannot ever be aliens inside flying them.

Like Fisheye, you Sam are putting the reports of aliens as just people making stuff up fo money or fame. If you base others on your own actions, then you must also be one of these guys - just like he is. Have you made much money or are you famous yet?
The recent Congressional report officially stated they are NOT govt/military experimental aircraft...so, that is rock solid data, that theory is no longer valid.

Old 11-02-2021, 05:53 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
I am interested in how many regulars to this forum that believe in UFOs also believe in other paranormal things.
What do you mean by "believe in UFOs?"

If you mean: People who acknowledge that there are flying objects in the sky that people cannot always identify, then count me in. Although I would hasten to add that 95%+ of such sightings are later explained. Those that are not explainable? Those are fascinating.

If you mean: People who believe we are being visited by extraterrestrials, ultraterrestrials, etc. who are planning imminent invasion by abducting people and probing their rectums except for the occasional crash that is quickly covered up by the Big Conspiracy, then I say: Let's see your evidence. I'm not convinced.

In short: Clarify your question please.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What do you mean by "believe in UFOs?"

If you mean: People who acknowledge that there are flying objects in the sky that people cannot always identify, then count me in. Although I would hasten to add that 95%+ of such sightings are later explained. Those that are not explainable? Those are fascinating.

If you mean: People who believe we are being visited by extraterrestrials, ultraterrestrials, etc. who are planning imminent invasion by abducting people and probing their rectums except for the occasional crash that is quickly covered up by the Big Conspiracy, then I say: Let's see your evidence. I'm not convinced.

In short: Clarify your question please.
Those who believe the UFOs are actually spacecraft of alien beings .

Old 11-02-2021, 08:34 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Those who believe the UFOs are actually spacecraft of alien beings .
I believe that is possible but unlikely and unproven.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I believe that is possible but unlikely and unproven.
My point was more, do people who believe aliens are flying around Earth in spaceships also tend to believe in other things like vampires and werewolves, ghosts, etc. I seem to be seeing some overlap of belief I didn’t expect . I always thought of UFO believers as those who simply saw things in the sky they couldn’t explain. I never thought about them also holding paranormal beliefs, which some here seem to do .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal