Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 10:57 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
There is no collective mind at NASA. NASA is made up of thousands of people. Some believe undoubtedly believe there is advanced alien life in our part of the galaxy. Others don't. Look hard enough and you'll probably even find a few people at NASA who believe Elvis clones are fighting the reptiloids in the Hollow Earth.
Granted, but there are official releases from them on NASA projects and the results. This is obviously what I am referring to.

Quote:

More of a semantic point than a scientific one, but we can't "see" any planets beyond our solar system. We can detect them. Am I splitting hairs? Maybe. But it's an important point.

https://astronomy.com/news/2021/08/a...r-solar-system
Possibly an important point in a science forum , not so much in a forum dedicated to UFOs and werewolves . But I do understand the difference, so valid point .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They are ultra terrestrial...they reside somewhere on this planet...a place that is inaccessible to man.
And we know this how?

Old 10-29-2021, 11:20 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
And we know this how?
Because there is absolutely no evidence of it. Proof of the conspiracy!

Old 10-29-2021, 04:24 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
And we know this how?
Because some guy said so on a podcast. It was the callers uncles friends cousin who lived by the guy that heard it from another guy at a bar so you know it is for reals.

Old 10-29-2021, 07:07 PM

10,894 posts, read 7,386,537 times
Perhaps the aliens aren't coming in person, but are transmitting somehow. Analogous to calling someone on the phone instead of going to their house, or watching the babysitter on the nannycam.

I dunno how that would work because I'm not an alien. As far as I know.

Old 10-29-2021, 10:29 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
And we know this how?
Its what I have come to suspect, looking at the 1000s of years these things have been seen, they are ALWAYS reported in our skies.

I have not come across a single UFO report that puts them out in space somewhere...given the number of people who regularly watch their telescopes, if these things were coming from some other planet, I think we would see that reflected in UFO reports.

Im not discounting the dimensional theory, but honestly, that would be equally as weird no matter where they are coming from.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:45 AM

1,300 posts, read 960,657 times
Quote:
You are confusing scientific progress with violating known and tested laws of physics . The two are not the same . Flying didn’t violate any laws of physics . We could watch heavy and large birds fly and envision the possibility . Accelerating a spaceship to FTL violates tested physics.
"Known and tested" by a species whos civilization is only 10,000 yrs old and who have only studied physics in a truly modern sense for 300 yrs, in universe that is nearly 14 billion years old.

Old 10-30-2021, 05:16 AM

7,256 posts, read 5,131,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Without giving an opinion either way about whether we've been visited or not, I'd ask this. Why would we have to understand how a species more advanced than us travelled faster than light? It's up to them to understand it for them to do it, we only have to understand it if or when we expect to do it. The notion that if we can't explain it at our current state of development, then they can't do it at any stage of development doesn't make sense to me.
The Laws of Physics can't violated....Einstein showed us mathematically (and the numbers don't lie) that as you approach the speed of light, space contracts to nothing-ness and mass increases to infinity. At that point, there's not enough energy to make the mass go faster, even though it has run out of space.

But, I get your point. How many of us watch TV happily without knowing how it works?

Old 10-30-2021, 07:28 AM

2,478 posts, read 1,550,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Perhaps the aliens aren't coming in person, but are transmitting somehow. Analogous to calling someone on the phone instead of going to their house, or watching the babysitter on the nannycam.

I dunno how that would work because I'm not an alien. As far as I know.
This may be meant to be comical but makes a lot of sense.

On another note, how would you apply the idea of entangled particles to this discussion? Distance does not seem to matter at all.

Old 10-30-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
"Known and tested" by a species whos civilization is only 10,000 yrs old and who have only studied physics in a truly modern sense for 300 yrs, in universe that is nearly 14 billion years old.
So what? Will future aliens come up with math in which 2+2= 5 ? We understand the laws of physics well enough to power ships and submarines at sea, to use electron spin to send info , and to allow people to debate how much science knows by tapping on keyboards and having words appear instantly on other people’s computer or phone screens thousands of miles away . On what basis does anyone believe we have erred in testing the speed of light limitations ?

Keep in mind that we are talking logical probabilities here . Which is more likely , that our science is correct , or that it is wrong and aliens are flying dozens or hundreds of light years at faster than c in violation of our understanding of physics we prove by employing it daily , to experiment on us ?

Last edited by NatesDude; 10-30-2021 at 11:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal