U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 12:10 AM

43,093 posts, read 57,943,254 times

Advertisements

It looks to be a just a rock ledge that is shadowed by the angle of the sunlight.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 05:39 AM

6,700 posts, read 5,912,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Do you actually believe the NASA lunar photographs were faked?
I should have highlighted the part of the quote I was referring to. It was this part...
Quote:
It's just to blurry to determine what it is or where the pic was taken.
No, I dont believe they are faked. I think there is a larger story to all of this space exploration stuff.

However, you must agree at some stage it becomes very difficult to determine what is a simulated Mars/Lunar environment on Earth and a real one on Mars/Moon. You only have to look at some of the published simulated Mars/Lunar landscapes to see it is unlikely that anyone can tell which is which unless there are clues within the image.

I mean, thats the whole point of simulations, to make them as real as possible so problems with the rovers etc can be thrashed out on Earth and solutions found to problems experienced off-world.

As far as I can tell, NASA is essentially a Public Relations arm of the US space program. Just like any other PR company, it probably needs to use its resources as best it can to achieve its objectives. It is also part of the Defence Department which gives it certain essential behaviours. We dont know what its objectives are and we certainly will not be told, so basically anything is possible when you have National Security in the balance.

I am convinced there are cameras out there (Moon/Mars) which have better resolutions than we are being shown or are publicly admitted. That coupled with the blurry images we get released will not actually tell us anything. It is unbelievable that after all this time there are still no better pictures of the Lunar/mars landscapes. I am sure there are spy satellites which can image a gnats private parts in great detail, yet we dont have access to anything like that in space exploration.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:44 AM

16,940 posts, read 13,449,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I am convinced there are cameras out there (Moon/Mars) which have better resolutions than we are being shown or are publicly admitted. That coupled with the blurry images we get released will not actually tell us anything. It is unbelievable that after all this time there are still no better pictures of the Lunar/mars landscapes. I am sure there are spy satellites which can image a gnats private parts in great detail, yet we dont have access to anything like that in space exploration.

You're right. This is what makes me skeptical of the "moon" picture. Why is the picture so dang blurry?

Old 12-17-2021, 07:51 PM

18,516 posts, read 18,183,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You're right. This is what makes me skeptical of the "moon" picture. Why is the picture so dang blurry?
Exactly. That part makes zero sense. iPhones are made in freakin China, this is ridiculous! lol

And putting the photos out there just for public speculation? That's no different than the guy who claimed he found Bigfoot DNA and made an entire documentary about it before testing it!

Old 12-17-2021, 08:02 PM

10,391 posts, read 6,474,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Exactly. That part makes zero sense. iPhones are made in freakin China, this is ridiculous! lol

And putting the photos out there just for public speculation? That's no different than the guy who claimed he found Bigfoot DNA and made an entire documentary about it before testing it!
I think we can be assured this isn't the best photo they have. It's just the one that looks like it could be something other than a plain rock.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:03 PM

But...all the space agencies do it, so it is not that one is revealing the truth and the others are not, it is that ALL of them have something to hide. What are they all hiding?

Then again, I am into conspiracies so I would think that. Right?

Even in the Clementine photos, there are certain shots which suggest something more is going on in the images. For example at the edge of shadows there are 'structures' which makes me think these shadows are artificial - made to hide something. Those photos were taken with military-grade cameras down to half-metre resolution per pixel.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:05 PM

10,391 posts, read 6,474,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I should have highlighted the part of the quote I was referring to. It was this part...
No, I dont believe they are faked. I think there is a larger story to all of this space exploration stuff.

However, you must agree at some stage it becomes very difficult to determine what is a simulated Mars/Lunar environment on Earth and a real one on Mars/Moon. You only have to look at some of the published simulated Mars/Lunar landscapes to see it is unlikely that anyone can tell which is which unless there are clues within the image.

I mean, thats the whole point of simulations, to make them as real as possible so problems with the rovers etc can be thrashed out on Earth and solutions found to problems experienced off-world.

As far as I can tell, NASA is essentially a Public Relations arm of the US space program. Just like any other PR company, it probably needs to use its resources as best it can to achieve its objectives. It is also part of the Defence Department which gives it certain essential behaviours. We dont know what its objectives are and we certainly will not be told, so basically anything is possible when you have National Security in the balance.

No.

Old 12-17-2021, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
No.
I have a feeling we might be getting into semantics and the nitty-gritty details. However, to illustrate this I point you to a link to a book written by a NASA insider.

Quote:
The legislation establishing the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in 1958 attempted to create separate and distinct civilian and military aeronautical and space programs. It directed NASA to conduct peaceful, scientific, and open aeronautical and space research and operations and the Department of Defense (DoD) to perform these activities related to military operations and defense.

This mandate was a guiding principle for NASA and the nation's political leaders concerning its spaceflight programs. These programs were promoted as demonstrations of America's use of space for peaceful and scientific purposes.[2] However, NASA could not and did not always follow the mandate for several reasons. These included the need for NASA and the national security agencies to utilize each other's hardware and facilities to accomplish their missions, the reliance on one another for data and expertise concerning foreign aeronautical and space programs, and the requirement to monitor and restrict certain NASA programs to eliminate threats to classified programs or deny important scientific data to the nation's adversaries.
James E David (from the above link)
Quote:
James E. David, a curator in NASA's Division of Space History, obtained the documents in the course of researching his critically praised book, Spies and Shuttles: NASA's Secret Relationships with the DoD and CIA (University Press of Florida, 2015). David has compiled, edited and introduced more than 50 of these records for today's posting.
Also interesting facts on the history of NASA and their 'relationships' with other organisations.
history.nasa.gov

and this page at the same site here

Old 01-10-2022, 07:24 AM

7,497 posts, read 6,071,280 times
A closer look at the moon cube.

The CNSA estimated the object was about 80 meters (262 feet) away, according to the blog 'Our Space', which is affiliated with the agency, and prepared to drive the rover toward it. The blog said it would take two or three months to reach the cube.

After several weeks of preparations and driving, the rover is close enough to see that the 'mysterious hut' is just a rock. Its sharp-lined geometric appearance on the horizon was a simple trick of perspective, light, and shadow.

In an update posted on Friday, Our Space published the rover's latest photo of its target, below.

Old 01-10-2022, 07:28 AM

10,164 posts, read 4,626,723 times
Is it true that the moon is just a small SUN and it was closer to earth at one time,hence the lunar calender .
the Celts and the Chinese have lunar calenders,not sure about the Mayans?
Does the Chinese still refer to the lunar calender when it comes to farming???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal