Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2021, 12:27 AM

927 posts, read 585,484 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember a sequel to a movie Batteries Not Included which wasn't as good? I recall it being a direct to video and it didn't have most if not all the original actors and something about a cafe playing a big role in it. We didn't watch most of it as it was..............baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Bad to the bone!

Anyone else remember? According to other topics https://www.reddit.com/r/GlitchInThe..._not_included/
I seem to not be alone and it feels like somehow this movie got wiped out of the universe. We all remember the cafe part and it not being as good as the 1st.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 02:53 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,422,191 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=batt...client=gws-wiz

Old 12-27-2021, 07:44 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,891,496 times
A quick DDG search gave me the same result, the sequel was potentially called "batteries not included 2: Attack of the Drones"

"Batteries STILL not Included" maybe part of a marketing campaign that The Mandela Effect resulted in people thinking it was the title?

In Silence of The Lambs, Hannibal Lecter never said "Hello Clarice" or "Silence of the lambs."

Darth Vader never said "Luke, I am your father."

Etc, but everybody thinks these things happened.

Old 12-28-2021, 12:32 AM

299 posts, read 224,076 times
I remember a friend insisting that we all watched this movie as children. He was so sure of the plot and everything but when he asked his mom for a copy (she was a major video hoarder) she told him he was most likely mashing up a couple other movies.

Your memory from childhood isn't going to be perfect for none/low importance things like movies or books. You tend to file the info in a jumbled mess of similar items far away and have to dig through the mess 10-15 years later. Your brain has to take shortcuts to fit in what you think you remember and fills in the info with everything else you stored in that part of your memory files.

This happens a lot with movies geared for children. Another example would be people "remembering" Sinbad's Shazaam. The movie never happened and most people were confusing Kazaam (with Shaq) and First Kid (with Sinbad). Both movies came out the same year, had similar stories and characters, and most kids of the time would've watch both. So many filed the movies in the same memory base (along with dozens of other lesser but similar movies at the time) and when digging up the memories it comes out as a mash up of everything.

Notice on the linked page how many people can't even agree on the plot, characters, or even the title. Yet they all insist it's the same movie. That's classic Mandela effect at work; people are taking various memories shared and personal that can be relatable to many others. They then can agree on several details but know that memories can be flawed so they look past the holes that would show the false memory for what it was. The "shared memories" that fit give them hope that they are correct. They then search for confirmation and get it from others with fragmented but sharable memories.

Old 12-28-2021, 06:26 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggznsauce View Post

Another example would be people "remembering" Sinbad's Shazaam. The movie never happened and most people were confusing Kazaam (with Shaq) and First Kid (with Sinbad). Both movies came out the same year, had similar stories and characters, and most kids of the time would've watch both. So many filed the movies in the same memory base (along with dozens of other lesser but similar movies at the time) and when digging up the memories it comes out as a mash up of everything.
Shazaam! How do you explain this then? lol

We Found Sinbad's SHAZAAM Genie Movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0rchvuoMU

Last edited by D217; 12-28-2021 at 06:36 AM..

Old 12-28-2021, 06:49 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRabbi View Post
Anyone remember a sequel to a movie Batteries Not Included which wasn't as good? I recall it being a direct to video and it didn't have most if not all the original actors and something about a cafe playing a big role in it. We didn't watch most of it as it was..............baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Bad to the bone!

Anyone else remember? According to other topics https://www.reddit.com/r/GlitchInThe..._not_included/
I seem to not be alone and it feels like somehow this movie got wiped out of the universe. We all remember the cafe part and it not being as good as the 1st.
I actually do not remember a sequel. My parents took me to see the 1st one in theaters when it came out in 1987. But even just you mentioning there is/was a sequel, has me wondering, but I can't be certain...

Old 12-28-2021, 07:58 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,783,788 times
At first I thought that I saw the sequel to 'Batteries Not included' but not the original movie years ago, but after a bit of investigating I realized that it wasn't a sequel to 'Batteries Not Included' I saw but the some what similar movie "Short Circuit 2"

Like me people remembering a sequel to 'Batteries Not Included' could be getting it mixed up with some other movie.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:25 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
At first I thought that I saw the sequel to 'Batteries Not included' but not the original movie years ago, but after a bit of investigating I realized that it wasn't a sequel to 'Batteries Not Included' I saw but the some what similar movie "Short Circuit 2"

Like me people remembering a sequel to 'Batteries Not Included' could be getting it mixed up with some other movie.
Sometimes they release the film under a different title in other countries.

Also, there are bootleg tapes etc. from other countries that don't have the title translated quite right...sometimes with hilarious consequences.

https://www.shortlist.com/news/funni...e-translations

Old 12-28-2021, 12:59 PM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,158 times
Nothing in IMDB -

https://www.imdb.com/find?q=batterie...=ft&ref_=fn_ft

Old 12-28-2021, 07:18 PM

282 posts, read 216,425 times
Count me as one who remembers this movie and is surprised to find out that it supposedly never existed.

I also remember the cornucopia in the Fruit of the Loom logo.

However, I'm not one who remembers the alternate history for Nelson Mandela that gave the phenomenon its name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal