U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2021, 07:56 PM

23,051 posts, read 29,785,891 times

Advertisements

Elves are not the cute Santa's Helpers, or knee hugging little smiling creatures like "The Elf on the Shelf". I've been reading quite a bit about the true nature of elves, and their mischievous ways. I do not think that they are as potentially dangerous as fairies are rumored to be. I would NEVER disturb a fairy mound, or fairy circle.

In the days since solstice, Elves seem to have been very active in our home. Nothing truly evil, but enough to disrupt an otherwise calm and pleasant holiday.

1. I distinctly remember hanging my set of keys on the key hanger. A few days ago, I needed to get something Christmas related at a sore. I checked the key hanger, and they were gone.
My husband lent me his car, and searched the house for them. I came home a couple of hours later and I found them UNDER MY BED INSIDE a PAIL of SLIPPERS!

NO, he would not do that. I do not keep keys in shoes or slippers. And, the entire thing shocked up both.

Had I put the slipper on, it would have hurt like hell.

2. A Christmas present that I was supposed to wrap on Christmas Eve, went missing. It "returned today.

3. The same goes for a $100 bill that I was using for something. I put it in my bedside table. It was gone for three days - it turned up TODAY - in a kitchen drawer.

4. A present my husband wrapped was unwrapped on Christmas Eve. Not by a cat. Just unwapped the way a human would unwrap a gift.

Has anyone had experiences like these? If you don't believe in any of this, please do not bother commenting. I already know what you will say.

It happened. And it really is more upsetting than it may sound.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2021, 10:45 PM

3,117 posts, read 2,597,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Elves are not the cute Santa's Helpers, or knee hugging little smiling creatures like "The Elf on the Shelf". I've been reading quite a bit about the true nature of elves, and their mischievous ways. I do not think that they are as potentially dangerous as fairies are rumored to be. I would NEVER disturb a fairy mound, or fairy circle.

In the days since solstice, Elves seem to have been very active in our home. Nothing truly evil, but enough to disrupt an otherwise calm and pleasant holiday.

1. I distinctly remember hanging my set of keys on the key hanger. A few days ago, I needed to get something Christmas related at a sore. I checked the key hanger, and they were gone.
My husband lent me his car, and searched the house for them. I came home a couple of hours later and I found them UNDER MY BED INSIDE a PAIL of SLIPPERS!

NO, he would not do that. I do not keep keys in shoes or slippers. And, the entire thing shocked up both.

Had I put the slipper on, it would have hurt like hell.

2. A Christmas present that I was supposed to wrap on Christmas Eve, went missing. It "returned today.

3. The same goes for a $100 bill that I was using for something. I put it in my bedside table. It was gone for three days - it turned up TODAY - in a kitchen drawer.

4. A present my husband wrapped was unwrapped on Christmas Eve. Not by a cat. Just unwapped the way a human would unwrap a gift.

Has anyone had experiences like these? If you don't believe in any of this, please do not bother commenting. I already know what you will say.

It happened. And it really is more upsetting than it may sound.
I believe you, although my experience is with faeries, not elves. A few years ago, my brother couldn't figure out where his car keys were, especially since he always put them in the same place as soon as he got in the door. I told him I thought probably faeries had hidden them. He found the keys a couple of days later in the pocket a coat that was way back in a closet, and that he hadn't worn for months. He knew it was the same set because they were on a distinctive keychain.

I used to have faeries in my previous house. It was my own fault, I was going through a "Faeries are neat," phase and I invited them in. I would smell food cooking, smell pipe smoke, and sometimes jewelry or other shiny objects would disappear. Nothing like what you're going through, though. If something was missing that I really needed, I would say aloud, "Good Faery Folk, please return my _____ as I really need it. In return I will give you _______" and I would set out whatever I had promised them in exchange. The missing object would invariably appear a day or two later. One time they gave me a nice crystal that I know I hadn't purchased for myself.

I know you undoubtedly know this already, OP, but in case anyone else is reading this and wants to invite these beings into their home, my sincere advice is not to do so. I'm dead serious about this--this realm is real, and it's nothing to fool around with. Faeries and elves do not understand temporary relationships or whims, and to them, an invitation or a promise is a lifetime commitment. And like humans, their personalities differ widely, and you may find yourself with a permanent houseguest that is not particularly good-natured.

If they are already there, it is important to always address elves and faeries with the utmost respect, or you may find yourself dealing with unpleasant consequences. I ultimately set aside a place in my home for the types of trinkets and crystals they seem to like best, I told them that this was their special area, and things were quiet after that.

Old 12-27-2021, 04:40 AM

6,683 posts, read 5,892,938 times
Interesting. Can either of them be caught on camera or would they object?

Old 12-27-2021, 07:04 AM

2,283 posts, read 2,037,080 times
This article has tips on keeping faeries at bay:

https://daniharper.com/how-to-protec...rom-faeries-1/

Old 12-27-2021, 10:46 AM

28,124 posts, read 10,598,070 times
Ive heard plenty of accounts of people seeing or interacting with 'elves' or things they call elves anyway,(some call them Duendes),the descriptions are usually pretty close, they are not cute or friendly, usually malevolent, the only thing that varies is their size, Ive heard reports of them being as small as 2-3" tall up to 3-4 feet.

I do believe that people see these things, but the encounters are few and far between.

Old 12-27-2021, 04:32 PM

5,934 posts, read 3,999,695 times
Serious question. How can you tell the difference between Elves and Faeries? If you don’t see them, and they both seem to perform the same type of mischiefs, how do you determine which it might be?

Old 12-27-2021, 05:00 PM

2,283 posts, read 2,037,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Serious question. How can you tell the difference between Elves and Faeries? If you don’t see them, and they both seem to perform the same type of mischiefs, how do you determine which it might be?
Detailed information can be found in this link: mysticbeasts.com/elf-vs-fairy/

Old 12-27-2021, 05:38 PM

5,934 posts, read 3,999,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Detailed information can be found in this link: mysticbeasts.com/elf-vs-fairy/
I was hoping to hear from sheena and irootoo, since they have personal experience.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:39 PM

21,763 posts, read 25,804,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Has anyone had experiences like these?
Yup.

I was putting away the clean dishes from the dishwasher one day. I had one hand full of glasses and was trying to get a wine glass out of the top rack with my free hand. But the wine glass had turned in the wash cycle, and the base of the glass was wedged between the plastic rails of the dishwasher rack. I couldn't get it out with one hand and it was banging against other items as I tried to wedge it out. But I could get it. I didn't want to break it, so I set it back down carefully as I had found it, then turned away to put away the glasses I was already holding. It took maybe 3-4 or four seconds.

When I turned back to the dishwasher, the wine glass that had been stuck was sitting perfectly upright in the middle of the rack, completely free. I hadn't even heard it move.

I have NO idea how this happened. I know it couldn't have simply toppled over and hopped a row of glasses completely soundlessly. I have since attributed it to our friendly dishwasher faerie, but I honestly have no idea how it happened. I can't explain it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal