Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 03:31 PM

12,696 posts, read 9,199,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
My favorite episodes are the older ones about monoliths. No matter what you believe about aliens or don't believe, those are fascinating, at least to me. After a few seasons and running out of new things to talk about, the show lost a lot of interest.
Yeah, I agree. I still am fascinated with how the Egyptians managed to build the pyramids. Those rocks are heavy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2022, 04:34 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,633,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Yeah, I agree. I still am fascinated with how the Egyptians managed to build the pyramids. Those rocks are heavy!
A lot of man power and a lot of time will let some really cool stuff get built.

I binge watch Ancient Aliens once in a while. It is too silly to me to watch regularly but a few hours a few times a year leaves me LOL. I do the same with Mountain Monsters. In moderation they are both hilarious.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:15 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,811,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

It would be really interesting to get a bunch of archeologists together who believe these ancients sites were built by man.

Then they could work out how to get these huge stones UP A MOUNTAIN to some of the sites we find these stones. Then they would have to place 3 of these 50-60 ton stones on top of one another.

They wouldn't do it of course because the skeptics would not want to show it cannot be done in modern times by man.

But, in my opinion, that would be an interesting program and would sort out the skeptics view once and for all.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:19 PM

17,276 posts, read 11,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
A lot of man power and a lot of time will let some really cool stuff get built.

I binge watch Ancient Aliens once in a while. It is too silly to me to watch regularly but a few hours a few times a year leaves me LOL. I do the same with Mountain Monsters. In moderation they are both hilarious.
Pyramids might not be so difficult compared to some other structures considering the size of blocks used and also the ingenuity it took to mold huge rocks into amazing wall structures as if they were made of putty. I know there is a logical explanation, but still incredible for some Native American people without the wheel to do what they did with stone.

Baalbek cut stones in Lebanon come to mind for immense size. Can anyone imagine what kind of leverage and technique was used to not only cut but move and elevate stones like this into place. Whatever method they used has been lost to time.

In South America huge stones perfectly fit together as if they were made of putty

Last edited by marino760; 07-24-2022 at 05:30 PM..

Old 07-24-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Pyramids might not be so difficult compared to some other structures considering the size of blocks used and also the ingenuity it took to mold huge rocks into amazing wall structures as if they were made of putty. I know there is a logical explanation, but still incredible for some Native American people without the wheel to do what they did with stone.

Baalbek cut stones in Lebanon come to mind for immense size. Can anyone imagine what kind of leverage and technique was used to not only cut but move and elevate stones like this into place. Whatever method they used has been lost to time.

In South America huge stones perfectly fit together as if they were made of putty
If by lost to time you mean they don't teach it in school anymore then yes. I am in my 50s and we learned about a lot of this in grade school. I have an older friend that is dead now. When I first became a mason I met an old mason that was still working but way past retirement age.

We had many conversations about these old ruins. He was so amazed even 30 years ago that people didn't understand how all this work was done. He was born and grew up in Germany and he said they also taught how these things got build when he was in school.

Just think an amazing amount of labor and a very very long time to get anything done.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It would be really interesting to get a bunch of archeologists together who believe these ancients sites were built by man.

Then they could work out how to get these huge stones UP A MOUNTAIN to some of the sites we find these stones. Then they would have to place 3 of these 50-60 ton stones on top of one another.

They wouldn't do it of course because the skeptics would not want to show it cannot be done in modern times by man.

But, in my opinion, that would be an interesting program and would sort out the skeptics view once and for all.
Youtubeis your friend. There are countless videos showing how this stuff was done. Skeptics just ignore it because it does not fit their beyond silly beliefs.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:17 PM

1,770 posts, read 775,946 times
i just wish the dude get a haircut

Old 07-25-2022, 03:00 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,811,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
If by lost to time you mean they don't teach it in school anymore then yes. I am in my 50s and we learned about a lot of this in grade school. I have an older friend that is dead now. When I first became a mason I met an old mason that was still working but way past retirement age.

We had many conversations about these old ruins. He was so amazed even 30 years ago that people didn't understand how all this work was done. He was born and grew up in Germany and he said they also taught how these things got build when he was in school.

Just think an amazing amount of labor and a very very long time to get anything done.
In less words than you have expended here, you could have told us how. You and your mates are always saying that Youtube is not a reliable source, and it certainly is not my friend since I cannot access it from here.

Old 07-25-2022, 05:52 AM

17,276 posts, read 11,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
In less words than you have expended here, you could have told us how. You and your mates are always saying that Youtube is not a reliable source, and it certainly is not my friend since I cannot access it from here.
Agreed. I keep hearing that it takes a lot of people and time, but still no specifics or examples showing today how it was done. I would love for a mason to actually show or explain with specifics how it was done because I really am curious. Why does it have to remain a secret? There are no such videos, only people saying they know how without anything to back that up.

For example, that massive cut stone in Lebanon would take the strength of thousands to lift it, but you can't get thousands of people around it. There had to be some kind of pulley system or leverage involved but then, what kind of rope would have been available a few thousand years ago that would be strong enough to have thousands of people pulling on it? And any wood placed underneath should be pulverized by the shear weight of such a huge stone object. If anyone is aware of a video that actually shows how to do this, please share it. Why doesn't a legitimate stone mason or educated engineer come out and show us?
I'm just saying I would love to have a logical explanation with some detail besides saying it takes a lot of people and time, and I'm not saying aliens were involved. If the techniques used to do this is no longer available to the modern world, then it was lost to time.

Last edited by marino760; 07-25-2022 at 06:45 AM..

Old 07-25-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Agreed. I keep hearing that it takes a lot of people and time, but still no specifics or examples showing today how it was done. I would love for a mason to actually show or explain with specifics how it was done because I really am curious. Why does it have to remain a secret? There are no such videos, only people saying they know how without anything to back that up.

For example, that massive cut stone in Lebanon would take the strength of thousands to lift it, but you can't get thousands of people around it. There had to be some kind of pulley system or leverage involved but then, what kind of rope would have been available a few thousand years ago that would be strong enough to have thousands of people pulling on it? And any wood placed underneath should be pulverized by the shear weight of such a huge stone object. If anyone is aware of a video that actually shows how to do this, please share it. Why doesn't a legitimate stone mason or educated engineer come out and show us?
I'm just saying I would love to have a logical explanation with some detail besides saying it takes a lot of people and time, and I'm not saying aliens were involved. If the techniques used to do this is no longer available to the modern world, then it was lost to time.
I am on my phone so don't know how to add links. There is a logbook that contains records detailing the construction of the Great Pyramid of Giza on public display at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.

That will also let you understand how many other places got built.

I know this has been discussed on here many times. Some of us get tired of posting these things over and over when most posters on here want some magical fantasy answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal