Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 08:44 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

Normally this would not be anything worth commenting on, but this small stone has moved several centimetres and probably NOT due to gusts of wind blowing it along.

The small stone which is roughly the shape of Australia in the center of the image has moved left at least twice its own length.

I have seen this before somewhere and passed it off as a rock falling down a slope. However, this one appears to be small and the 'groove' it made appears to be deep and long for the size of stone.

What could have happened here?

Link to original

I have been told that the rovers are programmed to take a picture when they sense a movement in their image frame, so maybe this is what has happened here?

This is one I found from another NASA mission on Mars.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 08-12-2022 at 10:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2022, 04:25 AM

85 posts, read 29,698 times
We see similar things happen on this planet

You have to remember any alien species out there wouldn't be interested in moving a single rock on mars they would fly over that's how desperate some humans are when looking for life

Alien life is abundant it's no co incidence that the Kepler found hundreds of earth like planets because there is even better planets than ours to support life

All we humans have to do is look into the sky do it a few times a week and I'll bet you money you see weird things going on

Old 08-13-2022, 06:00 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdelphi View Post
You have to remember any alien species out there wouldn't be interested in moving a single rock on mars they would fly over
What if the composition of Mars rocks are the perfect food source for some alien species?

Old 08-13-2022, 05:24 PM

It always amazes me how some people can look at their world and NOT question it, and others have to question everything.

The only way we get to learn about the environment we live in is to ask questions and seek the answers. That is what science is supposed to do for us. If we accept everything as given to us and shown to us by the media and public relations companies like NASA, then life is not wonderous and new and interesting.

Like a 2-year old, I have to ask 'why' all the time, maybe I just haven't grown up yet.

Old 08-13-2022, 06:53 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,621,189 times
Kind of reminds me of Sailing Stones.
The first time I heard of them was watching one of those mystery shows back in the 80s. Still fascinating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing_stones

Old 08-13-2022, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It always amazes me how some people can look at their world and NOT question it, and others have to question everything.

The only way we get to learn about the environment we live in is to ask questions and seek the answers. That is what science is supposed to do for us. If we accept everything as given to us and shown to us by the media and public relations companies like NASA, then life is not wonderous and new and interesting.

Like a 2-year old, I have to ask 'why' all the time, maybe I just haven't grown up yet.
https://www.nationalparks.org/connec...s-death-valley

I've explored what science has to offer to explain weird goings on here on this planet why wouldn't the same apply for any other planet? We special or something?

Old 08-13-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Kind of reminds me of Sailing Stones.
The first time I heard of them was watching one of those mystery shows back in the 80s. Still fascinating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing_stones
Yup this is exactly that, seen it happen in ice as well...

I'm the biggest skeptic around I trust science and I read and watch every new discovery that heads my way, I have ruled out paranormal, ghosts, Angel's well let's say a lot of things

Only thing I couldn't debunk was countless photos videos and reports of sightings of ufos

Time comes when you accept all these people can't be lying, something has to be going on, I would look into the sky and ended up seeing aqua and orange orbs hovering tic tacs that look like shooting stars until they change direction

And then they visited!

https://youtu.be/_B7q_ZDL2YU

No question woke up extremely tired after that flash of light felt like I lost 8 hours sleep

https://youtu.be/9Mno5Am6BvM

Maybe Angel's as this woman

Google or search flash of light outside window or camera flash, hundreds of people who have seen it

I caught those alien bastards with their hands red handed!

Old 08-14-2022, 12:25 AM

Quote:
In the winter of 2014, rain formed a small pond that froze overnight and thawed the next day, creating a vast sheet of ice that was reduced by midday to only a few millimeters thick. Driven by a light wind, this sheet broke up and accumulated behind the stones, slowly pushing them forward.
Not sure there is ice forming on the ground surface overnight on Mars nor is there a light wind capable of putting enough force on that small stone. If this was the explanation, then all the rocks would be moving all over the place. We dont see that.

Old 08-14-2022, 09:22 AM

629 posts, read 408,401 times
Could the first picture be the result of ejecta from a nearby impact? Low angle of trajectory, low gravity, skated, might have even bounced a few times before coming to rest?

Old 08-14-2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Needmore View Post
Could the first picture be the result of ejecta from a nearby impact? Low angle of trajectory, low gravity, skated, might have even bounced a few times before coming to rest?
I would say that the groove this small stone left behind it is relatively deep (or it looks as if it is)

We saw that scenario in another rovers photos where there was no-rock and then rock appeared in the photo. NASA determined that the rovers wheel had pinched a rock against hard ground and it 'pinged' into frame. Maybe the same has happened here however the ground does not look to be hard but soft sand.

Here is another image of this area also on Sol 507. Link

The stone we are talking about is almost out of frame at the top right of this (linked) image but there is evidence of movement and other similar moved stones in this image too. See this section below. Bearing in mind this is a dry barren planet there should be nothing anomalous unless it is caused by the rovers or their accessories.

Closer detail for the first stone.

Link

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal