Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 09:31 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What is a "thought form?" Why do you believe this?
Well, you have heard of burial sites being protected but from your previous posts, you probably do not believe that is possible/true, so what can I say other than why should I explain it if you are not likely to believe it. You might as well look it up on Google. Why do you NOT believe energy in whatever form has intelligence? YOU have intelligence and YOU are energy (not physical at all). So, what created you?

Since many millions of people believe that an earnest intention of energy/will sent out can effect an outcome at the other end. It is commonly called prayer.

I believe we are all creators of our own 3D hologram which we call reality. This is the basis for all the books on creative visualisation, the Secret, and so many positive thinking books throughout history. There is a Universal Law which says energy flows towards where you place your attention/intention and this is the basis for creating your reality. Try it sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 05:41 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Well, you have heard of burial sites being protected but from your previous posts, you probably do not believe that is possible/true
Depends on what you mean by "protected." You're painting with too broad a brush. I'm just trying to nail down exactly what you mean.

Quote:
so what can I say other than why should I explain it if you are not likely to believe it.
Try me.

Quote:
You might as well look it up on Google.
Okay. "Thought form" yields ...

noun: thought form; plural noun: thought forms; noun: thoughtform; plural noun: thoughtforms
(especially in Christian theology) a combination of presuppositions, imagery, and vocabulary current at a particular time or place and forming the context for thinking on a subject.

---

https://medschool.co/exam/psych/thought-form
Thought form refers to the formation and coherence of a patient's thoughts. Formal thought disorders are derangements of this form, resulting in thoughts that are often difficult to follow or understand.

---

https://pranickolkata.com/thought-forms/
According to ancient teachings, during your process of thinking and feeling there are two phenomena which take place. The first is that you create a Thought Form (or a Thought Entity). A thought form is a real living being or entity which is created by the process of thinking.

In one of his letters to AP Sinnett, Master KH wrote: “Thoughts are things — have tenacity, coherence, and life, — that they are real entities.” Thought Forms in general are usually very weak and have a very short life-span… unless you know the art and science of creating a powerful thought form (we will discuss the topic of powerful thought forms later in this article).

---

More go on from there. So what do YOU mean by "thought form?"

Quote:
Why do you NOT believe energy in whatever form has intelligence?
Again, you are painting with too broad a brush. If I spill my coffee, the hot liquid falling to wherever definitely has energy. Do you really think it has intelligence? Have I just committed murder by spilling my coffee?

Quote:
YOU have intelligence and YOU are energy (not physical at all).
Of your 3 statements there, 2 are correct. I have (limited) intelligence. I am a form of energy. But I VERY MUCH am physical. So are you. Just because the material cosmos is composed of energy (in various forms) does not mean that it isn't physical. It just means, like most things in life, that ... it's complicated.

Quote:
So, what created you?
Depends on what you're asking. An intense discussion on the physical and theological origins of the universe is probably beyond the scope of this thread. If you really want to go there, start a new discussion topic. I might jump in now and then.

Quote:
Since many millions of people believe that an earnest intention of energy/will sent out can effect an outcome at the other end. It is commonly called prayer.
So by "thought form" did you just mean "prayer?" Why not say so? Why obfuscate?

Quote:
I believe we are all creators of our own 3D hologram which we call reality.
If that were true, I'd be enjoying a fine beverage by a fire in Rivendell right now.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:14 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

If I spill my coffee, the hot liquid falling to wherever definitely has energy. Do you really think it has intelligence? Have I just committed murder by spilling my coffee?
No, but you have committed a mortal sin. Thou shalt not spill the brown elixir of life.

Or is my late husband used to call it? “thinky juice“.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
No, but you have committed a mortal sin. Thou shalt not spill the brown elixir of life.

Or is my late husband used to call it? “thinky juice“.

Old 09-23-2022, 10:43 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Somebody needs to go rogue. Break away from all the television nonsense.
It’s all so played out and tired. Just like “bigfooting”. There need to be a completely new approach to all of this stuff.

Old 10-17-2022, 06:48 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,151,890 times
In my experience antagonism isn't the best approach.

Start with EVP and go from there.

Old 10-18-2022, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Somebody needs to go rogue. Break away from all the television nonsense.
It’s all so played out and tired. Just like “bigfooting”. There need to be a completely new approach to all of this stuff.
Even if someone has a 'good idea' which may be the new format, how would they get it before the film/TV makers? I suspect they look at other shows and other formats and try to come up with a similar show to cash-in on the good thing. That approach does not mean anything new happens.

Perhaps we need to go to the up-and-coming producers to give us something new, but again, how to get in touch with them?

I think we are fed up with the non-scientific approach and although some shows are going in that direction, it is not far enough to have any meaningful outcome to the main issue for a lot of people - which is whether something like Bigfoot exists.

Old 10-18-2022, 03:13 AM

855 posts, read 624,294 times
Quote:
Even if someone has a 'good idea' which may be the new format, how would they get it before the film/TV makers? I suspect they look at other shows and other formats and try to come up with a similar show to cash-in on the good thing.
I also think that if something can be filmed or photographed, it can be faked. Not just with paranormal stuff, but anything. That's another reason I don't bother with the news. Seeing something televised on the evening news doesn't make me an eyewitness.

I'm a big believer in ghosts/spirits/paranormal jazz, but I also know that footage of any kind can just as easily be fake as it can be fact. It can be interesting to watch, but I keep that proverbial grain of salt handy anyway.

In my case, I've seen enough personally that I don't require film-footage to be convinced.

-

Old 10-18-2022, 05:34 AM

One of the reason GHOST FILES is so much fun is that it has two hosts: One a believer in ghosts in the paranormal, and one who is a diehard skeptic. Is it good research? No. But it's fun entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcBYV26XcaA

Old 10-18-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
I also think that if something can be filmed or photographed, it can be faked. Not just with paranormal stuff, but anything. That's another reason I don't bother with the news. Seeing something televised on the evening news doesn't make me an eyewitness.

I'm a big believer in ghosts/spirits/paranormal jazz, but I also know that footage of any kind can just as easily be fake as it can be fact. It can be interesting to watch, but I keep that proverbial grain of salt handy anyway.

In my case, I've seen enough personally that I don't require film-footage to be convinced.-
Where I am, they show images of spacecraft moving through space - as if it is real. We are supposed to believe there is a camera in space capturing the spacecraft as it passes by. Now, since I dont speak or understand much of the language, they may say it is an artists impression, but on the other hand it is so easy to assume your audience will know and understand it is is a graphic representation of the truth. Trouble is, most of them dont know this and assume it is a picture of the actual spacecraft.

I am sure other places and TV channels do the same thing, and no-one bothers to think about where the camera shot comes from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal