U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do u believe in.....
ghosts 15 36.59%
demons 3 7.32%
angels 15 36.59%
santa claus 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 02:28 PM

20,824 posts, read 26,123,691 times

Advertisements

I believe in, and have experienced many types of paranormal events - "ghosts" - haunting, poltergeist activity, spirits of people who have passed, spirits of non human entities and other types of activity.

I also believe in angels - or spirit guides - who watch and protect us. Ritual magic and spells are really no different from Christian prayers. They are requests for higher, usually good and more powerful beings to change things in the physical realm. Nothing more.

These prayers or pagan ritual spells could be to improve the health of a loved one, to insure that ones home is protected, that finances are abundant.

Pagan prayers are not necessarily or inherently evil. And Christian prayers are not necessarily good.

I have known self proclaimed "Christians" to pray that their daughter marry a different man - not the one who she loved, but the one who the parents thought was "right".
Or to pray that a person's God given sexuality change. Christians pray that their children are "brought to their knees" so that they "come home to God".

To me, these controlling and self righteous "Christian prayers" are nothing more than hexes.

My current house has very little paranormal activity - it's positive and interesting. Never malicious.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 04:12 PM

13,633 posts, read 22,263,510 times
well -- Gilbert hasn't been on City Data since 2009... pretty sure he won't answer.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:33 AM

4,533 posts, read 4,027,376 times
I hate it when that happens. It only needs for one person to drag up an old post and ... off it goes again. I never look at the OP date, perhaps I should more often. :-)

Gilbert, it has been so long that maybe you have re-incarnated as someone else?

Old 06-25-2015, 07:30 AM

2,651 posts, read 1,517,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthias unknown View Post
yes. strang things happen? what is it ? read my statement and you will know that these things are real. we are starting to hear knocks on the same wall almost every night between 1-2 am. sometimes i cant get back to sleep. do you ever get the feeling you are being watched? or something is out of sorts.
Help......I am living in a house where someone USED to live. This person sadly passed away, recently. He was a friend of mine; but the past few years, he really gave me problems....nagged me, called me down, said stuff about my friends and my pets. I was hurt and angry; but still thought the world of him because of good days in the past...............

Anyway, I was out mowing, yesterday and had an evil thought about him, and guess what? I fell backwards and bumped my head and tail bone.....not real bad, only enough to wake me up and stop thinking and saying bad stuff about this person. Yikes!!!!

Angel or ghost.......I think both!!!! Whew, that was quite a moment, I tell ya!!!!!!

Also, I am clumsy at times.....but this was REALLY different!!!!
Thank God, my mower stopped..................

Last edited by mollygee; 06-25-2015 at 08:12 AM..

Old 06-25-2015, 07:43 AM

32,837 posts, read 18,632,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthias unknown View Post
two months ago i got some parakeets , all was fine till one night they stopped perching on their perches. they started to hang on the side of the cage every night about 7-8 p.m. around 1-2 a.m. they would start flying all around their cage like something was after them? i would get up and look to see and their little hearts were going so fast there was nothing i could see that was there. after a while i moved them over by my bed and left a small lamp on to see if that would help. they went back to sleeping on their perches and all was well? then it started again! right in front of me, something was scaring the heck out of them igave them away to a friend so they would not die of fright. now we are hearing knocks on the one wall every night between 1-2! i feel kinda scared myself, the t,v. goes on and off sometimes and my boyfriends phone disapeared. he was using it and then went back to tv. i was pplaying games on the computor. he went to call his aunt and the phone was gone! we looked every where? i finally called his number to locate phone. it was between the sheets in the bed! explain that one?
I cannot explain the missing phone. We have things disappear too. Primarily from old age, I think.

As for the birds. Mice? We had canaries and they would freak out in the middle of the night. We also had a mouse that would eat their bird food. If you walk into the room, of course the mouse will hide, only to return later for his supper.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:58 AM

48 posts, read 38,696 times
They are most likely explainable but my wife and I have had a few experiences that freaked us outwe consider paranormal. A few years ago we were staying at a hotel and had electrical issues......TV kept turning on and off and one of the lamps started flickering crazily in the middle of the night. Turning the dial on the lamp did nothing, I had to unplug it from the wall.

Had a similar experience 2 months ago in a new house we had moved into. My wife would run a diffuser as she would go to bed as the lavender was supposed to help you sleep better. Same thing, was flickering and changing intensity during the night and had to unplug it.

My wife has actually had quite a few spirit experiences and has communicated with them. She used to regularly wake up during the night and claim there were people in the room. She has had multiple "dreams" communicating with her grandma and aunt. I used to just pass it off as dreaming but she really freaked me out once about 3 years ago. I had a cousin who drowned when he was very young (6 or so). She was aware this had happened but didn't know his name or how he had passed. One morning she randomly asks me if my cousin's name was Buddy and if he had drowned. I'm pretty sure all the blood drained from my face instantly. She went on to explain that she had seen/pictured a young man who had scars/bruises on his neck (the drowning) and she also saw/pictured Buddy the Elf (Will Ferrell). My cousin's name was Dennis but everyone called him Bud.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:19 AM

16,081 posts, read 25,601,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHolt View Post
They are most likely explainable but my wife and I have had a few experiences that freaked us outwe consider paranormal. A few years ago we were staying at a hotel and had electrical issues......TV kept turning on and off and one of the lamps started flickering crazily in the middle of the night. Turning the dial on the lamp did nothing, I had to unplug it from the wall.

Had a similar experience 2 months ago in a new house we had moved into. My wife would run a diffuser as she would go to bed as the lavender was supposed to help you sleep better. Same thing, was flickering and changing intensity during the night and had to unplug it.

My wife has actually had quite a few spirit experiences and has communicated with them. She used to regularly wake up during the night and claim there were people in the room. She has had multiple "dreams" communicating with her grandma and aunt. I used to just pass it off as dreaming but she really freaked me out once about 3 years ago. I had a cousin who drowned when he was very young (6 or so). She was aware this had happened but didn't know his name or how he had passed. One morning she randomly asks me if my cousin's name was Buddy and if he had drowned. I'm pretty sure all the blood drained from my face instantly. She went on to explain that she had seen/pictured a young man who had scars/bruises on his neck (the drowning) and she also saw/pictured Buddy the Elf (Will Ferrell). My cousin's name was Dennis but everyone called him Bud.
Interesting, curious me being an amateur sleuth, would investigate further finding out the Will Ferrell 'Elf' appearance in her dream. Perhaps Buds favorite movie?

Old 06-25-2015, 12:58 PM

48 posts, read 38,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Interesting, curious me being an amateur sleuth, would investigate further finding out the Will Ferrell 'Elf' appearance in her dream. Perhaps Buds favorite movie?
I think the connection was that Will Ferrel's character name in the movie is Buddy. My cousin's nickname was Bud.

He passed long before the movie was made.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:16 PM

20,824 posts, read 26,123,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I cannot explain the missing phone. We have things disappear too. Primarily from old age, I think.

As for the birds. Mice? We had canaries and they would freak out in the middle of the night. We also had a mouse that would eat their bird food. If you walk into the room, of course the mouse will hide, only to return later for his supper.

LOL!!! It can be old age - or middle age, or stress. However, sometimes it's not.

As I mentioned earlier, I have house spirits - but nothings negative or scary, this time. The ones here are rather playful. They leave crisp $20 bills in our pockets. The pockets of jeans that were just washed. Usually washed money is crumbled and soft. 20s also turn up in dresser drawers and my daughter's vanity.

We like this and have no complaints! In fact if they want to step up this activity, we are OK with it.

Sometimes they are mildly annoying. They will remove an article of jewelry that I'm about to wear - then return it at the last minute. Just when I've given up and decided on something else.

Once I was in a partially unfinished storage room that is in the eves of the house. It's kind of creepy because there is 1930s looking floral linoleum flooring and an old white bassinet. That came with the house, so to speak. There is a window in there and a very old art deco lighting fixture that holds a single bulb. I was looking for some gift wrap - when suddenly the light switched off. I heard the soft click. I saw the key shaped switch move from the on to off position.

Then it turned back on.

A little eerie but nothing like my old house - or the phone calls I received in the 1980s.

Things that appear and disappear can be the result of house spirits. We had a spate of shiny dimes when we first bought the house.

I think every house has spirits - but that does not make it haunted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal