U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 01:50 AM

17,575 posts, read 21,756,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There are at least 4 posts on this forum from the past where water or some liquid has been found in strange places. I am not saying your liquid is ghostly, but there are other instances where liquid has appeared in similar circumstances. The question is, do you get other phenomena too or is it just this? Leaks are sometimes very difficult to see, but I have to say that TVs are a strange place to have water. Plastic bags are strange - particularly if hung up behind an inside door. Maybe keep an eye out and perhaps talk to whatever is there if you find some more.

Link 1 to CD thread

Link 2 to CD thread

Link 3 to CD thread

Link 4 to CD thread

Thanks for listing these! They are chock full of information.

The presence of water - small puddles on the floor, droplets that can be felt on the skin, splashes from above, and other phenomena, are well known in the paranormal community.

I know a psychic medium who thinks that pools of water are signs from John the Baptist. She has some fairly compelling reasons why. I think it's an interesting angle. I'll read more, hopefully, when she completes her book.

Since this is not the plumbing forum, or the condensation forum, I think most people come here to find an alternative reason for activities that defy conventional thought.
Some of the reasons for water pooling in the links that oicupaul shared, were boarderline laughable.

There isn't a "scientifically rational" reason for everything. Trying to an unusual connect event to something scientific or "rational" begins to sound crazy when the causes are so far-fetched.

No different from someone who can't find their car keys and immediately assign their disappearance to a ghost, evil spirit or a poltergeist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 06:22 AM

1,684 posts, read 918,942 times
Some people somnambulate and don't know it. Some of these overnight, strange occurrences might be attributed to the "witness's" own actions. Day-time "blackouts" can be an explanation as well. Someone frequently experiencing these "events" might want to rule out organic or psychological causes in themselves just to be cautious.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:11 PM

5,509 posts, read 2,591,975 times
Ok so I had to look up the word 'somnambulate'. Sleepwalking. Now I know where the word 'insomnia' comes from so thanks for that. And the name of the sleep aid drug, Somnil.

I've actually seen somnambulation in action. As innocuous as a kid going for a pee in his sleep. In the dark. Other people will get up and go eat - turning on lights and all - in their sleep and know nothing about it. Murders have been committed in this state, even someone driving somewhere and killing someone. That's of course rare.

Sleepwalking may well explain many strange occurrences, now that you've mentioned it.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:16 PM

1,730 posts, read 702,077 times
Read a book called "Passing Strange" by Joe Citro. There is a story in there about a family plagued by unexplained water in their house in Windsor, VT, in the 1950's.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:10 PM

4,997 posts, read 13,542,664 times
I would put another plastic bag up and see if it happens again. A person can sleep walk and not know it. as for the other one, I imainge it was done by the cat.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:31 PM

4,034 posts, read 3,267,534 times
If the afterlife means I have to worry about finding a toilet when I have to go, and the possibility of carrying my prostate problems with its middle of the night awakenings into the next world, I'm not sure I'm all that keen on it.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:48 PM

4,986 posts, read 7,762,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
If the afterlife means I have to worry about finding a toilet when I have to go, and the possibility of carrying my prostate problems with its middle of the night awakenings into the next world, I'm not sure I'm all that keen on it.
No problem with the hassle of hunting for a toilet. Just piddle on the floor wherever you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal