U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 PM

364 posts, read 397,154 times

Advertisements

Please forgive me if this thread has already been done. Have any of you seen anything weird or unexplanable in the sky? Or even worse... closer to you then the sky??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 02:24 PM

6,047 posts, read 21,665,781 times
I don't believe in aliens. However, I did once see a UFO...at least, I couldn't identify it. It was 4-5 years back and I was in the passenger seat of a car, going down I believe Rt. 287 south once night. The sky was dark, I could see stars. All at once, an object appeared in the sky. It was about the same color and size as the moon (not truly the size of the moon, but the size it appears to the naked eye) but a different shape. It darted about a bit for maybe 2-4 seconds, then POOF disappeared. The driver of the car was watching the road and did not see it. I figure it was a military aircraft of sorts but who knows, I have always wondered about it.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:55 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,357,114 times
I've seen strange things in the sky.

Once years ago I was sitting on my front porch and looking at the stars, smelling the wonderful outdoor smells and low and behold I saw something kinda jerking up and down in the sky. I watched it for quite awhile and it was not a plane. So.......I went and got my teenage daughter to see what she thought. By that time we were both in the house, with the doors locked, and watching out the front window. Now this is going to sound like I am nuts (I AM not), while we were watching this thing in the sky a metor flashed past and landed somewhere in the woods. My daughter got so freaked that she ran upstairs to her room and to this day, will not speak of that night.

Then last year I was on my front porch, no longer in MI but in NC, and I saw a red streak zip up in the sky. Then about 3 or 4 "lights" started bopping up and down in the sky. I must have watched this for 40 minutes! Told my hubby when he came home from work, well I am lucky that he just laughed at me. He did not believe me!

I'm honestly a nice, straight Mom and Grandma and I'm not making this up. Lots of people have seen strange things in the sky.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 PM

15,595 posts, read 35,296,568 times
Myself, my 2 brothers and my Mom saw a very bright orange object on a totally overcast day. It hovered back and forth for a while then slowly dropped behind the treeline. Years later I worked with an older man that had witnessed it along with his crew, from the otherside of it from me, maybe 10 miles away. It was very cool...but having a meteor landing close by is way cool. You should get a metal detector and try to find it. They sell for big bucks you know!

Old 03-08-2007, 08:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,357,114 times
That was way long ago, and probably some kid found it. I actually can't believe that I witnessed that, but we did!

Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM

364 posts, read 397,154 times
I personally believe in 'other lifeforms' but would be terrified to see anything strange like some of you described. Ya know, it is the unknow after all. If I honestly thought I saw a UFO and thought it had "aliens" inside, I do not think I would ever be the same again.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:06 PM

18,370 posts, read 23,556,449 times
i was always a skeptic, up until a few years,

and about a yr ago, i heard someone say this, the universe is ENDLESS, thats something we have a hard time comprehending, so, thier must be thousands of other earths, or planets that can sustain life,,,,why wouldnt it be? think of endless going on forever, even if there was a black hole for a trillion billion miles, so what, its endless,,another trillion miles, or light yrs to the trillionth power,,,,,and so on, and so on,,

Old 03-08-2007, 05:13 PM

18,370 posts, read 23,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
I personally believe in 'other lifeforms' but would be terrified to see anything strange like some of you described. Ya know, it is the unknow after all. If I honestly thought I saw a UFO and thought it had "aliens" inside, I do not think I would ever be the same again.
james carville could pass for an alien life form

Old 03-08-2007, 06:45 PM

2,387 posts, read 7,771,254 times
I was driving eastbound one week ago across Interstate highway 8 from Yuma, AZ toward Gila Bend, AZ. This is a lonely 150 mile stretch of desert with assorted mountains in the distance and just a couple of very small settlements. It was about 7:30 pm. This interstate has very light traffic, and since there are no towns anywhere in sight it is very very dark at night. Looking south over a small mountain range I saw three separate lights in the sky making odd movements. It looked right out of a UFO movie, real neat and lit up the sky pretty bright. A few seconds later my brain came back to life from the boring drive as I recalled that south of Interstate 8 is the Barry Goldwater Military Bombing Range, a 100 mile or so swath of desert terrain used for aerial combat training. So I guessed they had some really neat night flares to mark some targets for some air to ground activity. That was my latest close encounter.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,643 times
Default Yes!

Of course I have!Let me tell u a the full details.I am living in Singapore,On last Monday night as usual after dinner i would look into my telescope and then went to sleep.But I saw something strange,I turned my telescope left up to the sky and guess wat i saw?!I saw a REAL flying saucer!!!!!!!!I can"t tell u the colour of the ufo because i can"t see it cleary.It was too bright!I asked my mother and father to look through my telescope,they saw it too!and they both said they can"t see the colour of it.To this day i was wondering,Are ufo real? Are there aliens in our solar system?Will they come to earth and attack us?Just like the movies "Mars Attacks".Please anybody please tell me!u can private message me at minglun_555@hotmail.com And i am not nuts!I am not telling tales or whatsoever!I am telling the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal