U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:44 PM

560 posts, read 426,711 times

Advertisements

No but I listen to them give readings to people almost every week on their radio show and they're pretty on the mark especially Sandra Taylor and her sister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 12:34 PM

40,059 posts, read 20,026,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
You'd be surprised how little the internet has on this subject.
So there's a tiny shred of rationality on the internet, after all!

Old 05-16-2012, 03:06 PM

16 posts, read 11,064 times
Anyone that uses a gift for money isn't a psychic to begin with.... If you are truly gifted with a gift, then there was a reason why you were given this gift... not to exploit it for wealth... remember that.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:43 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,801,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
No thank you, it's not for me. I think SB is a bit wacko, just my opinion.
I think she is fake ,she took 5k from my friends mom and told her the son was alive in NC. 12 years later he was found dead in the woods next to her house.....well maybe he returned home from NC and died in the woods,......yeah right!

Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM

815 posts, read 1,163,474 times
I think they are all about equal in the correctness of the information they give out. If you are talking about the top gross income psychic, I think that would be Sylvia Browne.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM

4,895 posts, read 2,924,450 times
There is a difference between a medium and so called psychics.

A medium can talk to the dead... and psychic might do that but generally I don't think most have a clue.

If you look at what a gift might be... in the terms of science...
Time is measured can be open to some people. Where time and travel come on a string which some people can move thru timelines based on energy and grab peices to complete a story.
If the spirit world does exist those who seek to help you from the other side look for chances to tell you they are ok and they must move on. In dreams or talking to those who might be able to help them pass the message along.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:15 PM

11,100 posts, read 9,745,964 times
What I'd like to know is THIS - America's top psychics by region. Not commercial TV psychics, but ones who we actually might be able to see and afford.

NOT yourself, but one's you would recommend to others, their style or readings and accuracy. Why you think they are the best.

We all know who Sylvia Brown and John Edward are. I doubt they give private consultations anymore and if they do, I can't afford one and I'm not sure I'd even want one.

I'd rather know about emerging psychics who are still accessible to most people.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM

8,888 posts, read 7,425,769 times
I watched Dr. Phil when Char Margolis (I think) and John Edward were on together. They were doing a reading on someone and Char Margolis didn't quite seem like she knew what she was talking about. She was saying she saw two relatives of the patient, one down low and one high, and seemed like she wasn't sure what that meant. John Edward jumped in and said he saw the two relatives, one was in hell and one was in heaven, and asked the person whose reading he was doing if the one in hell (I think the stepfather) had killed the one in heaven (the mother) and the person confirmed that was the case. Just seemed like Char Margolis was stumbling around, and John Edward knew exactly what he was doing.

Having said that, I don't know if I totally believe in all this. I believe it's POSSIBLE, but I don't necessarily think it's a good thing to do, and I think there are a lot of people out there who are fakes.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:20 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,639,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I watched Dr. Phil when Char Margolis (I think) and John Edward were on together. They were doing a reading on someone and Char Margolis didn't quite seem like she knew what she was talking about. She was saying she saw two relatives of the patient, one down low and one high, and seemed like she wasn't sure what that meant. John Edward jumped in and said he saw the two relatives, one was in hell and one was in heaven, and asked the person whose reading he was doing if the one in hell (I think the stepfather) had killed the one in heaven (the mother) and the person confirmed that was the case. Just seemed like Char Margolis was stumbling around, and John Edward knew exactly what he was doing.

Having said that, I don't know if I totally believe in all this. I believe it's POSSIBLE, but I don't necessarily think it's a good thing to do, and I think there are a lot of people out there who are fakes.
That sounds as though Char needed more experience/training. Some psychic said that for as long as he remembered he had the departed communicating with him, but it was only later that he met someone who put him in touch with a training group and they taught him how to interpret the symbols that the deceased showed him. I think he said the symbols could be different for each medium. He said it took a lot of practice before he felt really confident that he was getting it right.

There is a small community of psychics all living together in Lily Dale, NY. I have never been there. I don't know what they charge, but it might be a really interesting place to visit. In order to live there you must prove you are a psychic, but people go there for vacation. It's supposed to be located on an energy vortex.

There is another town with a lot of psychics, Cassadaga, Fla.

Both have web pages, and I hope they charge less than the more famous names.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:26 AM

11,100 posts, read 9,745,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

Char is very bad. She is a;always throwing out letters of names and hoping that they will stick. I think she is insecure as a psychic. She may have some ability, but I haven't seen it.

Does ANYONE know of any good regional psychics???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal