U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 02:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 20,970,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Dokie! View Post
The best book I have read on "predictions" is....
The Holy Bible.
I think it was a, "Best Seller" at one time.

Okie

Yes, and according to Deuteronomy 18 and other passages in the Bible, it is forbidden to consult psychics (fortuneteller and the like.)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 PM

42,661 posts, read 78,578,037 times
There used to be a psychic on the radio in Kansas City, named Pat Johnson. I knew her personally, and she was one of the loveliest, warmest people I've ever met. Either her psychic ability or her natural charm scared the hell out of me when I was around her.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:03 AM

379 posts, read 562,449 times
I don't know if it's John Edward, but he's a good one. If you don't believe in what he claims he does just read his book One Last Time. It rules.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,955 times
Written earlier....God himself said.......no one has actually spoken to God. No on actually knows if he exists. 5 people wrote the bible to keep the masses in control. It has over 100 contradictions in it. The bible is mainly a fallacy. Jesus was a terrorist who for the good of his own country wanted the Romans out...Jewish torture followed and has for many years and no, I'm not Jewish. The bible is as real as mediums or spiritulism is today. At least have your own original thoughts and no plagiarise from a book of fairy tales. As for the Devil not existing, of course he doesnt (now someone will say its his plan to make you think he doesnt exist), man is as man is...either you will be "evil" or you won't. As for the "Devil" made me do it, its a get out clause for not taking responsibility for your own actions. Have your own original thoughts, dont follow the bible.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 PM

4,353 posts, read 5,698,668 times
The only person that's been mentioned that I've heard of is John Edwards. I believe that psychics in general use a technique called cold reading which is using, sometimes imperceptible, clues from the person receiving the reading to know that they are on the right track. That being said ,occasionally you do come across a psychic who knows things that they could not possibly know other than by being what they claim. One time I went to a psychic and she told me things about my father (who died and I never new him) that she could not possibly have picked up from me. I had to contact relatives to find out if the information was true, and it was! Every word of it. There is no way she could have got the information from me.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 PM

16,482 posts, read 22,378,678 times
John Edwards is the best psychic and octomom is the best psycho.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:49 PM

4,679 posts, read 11,220,330 times
The best psychic is the one that saw that TootsieWootsie was going to create this thread, and then created one themselves first...

Old 03-08-2009, 05:25 PM

19,922 posts, read 10,302,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
The best psychic is the one that saw that TootsieWootsie was going to create this thread, and then created one themselves first...
I knew you were going to say that.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM

1,691 posts, read 3,560,600 times
Default just some FYIs

for those who think being psychic means you know all see all hear all tell all... watch too much Hollywood. The ability of of seeing the future is about as muddy as the Mississippi River or Loch Ness. One has to sort through all the fuzziness to even try to understand its meaning.
We all are psychic to various degrees.

Had I known what my dreams meant early on I would have prevented; My dog's CHF which killed her, The NY TWA accident in around 1996, even knew about the WorldTrade Center 6 mos on advance had I been able to comprehend my dreams. I have had several such situations, dogs dyeing, freinds dying. I have always been able to tell when a pet is pregnant even before the vets do. I have been able to help my friends sort out their troubles by listening to my Angels/guides when ever I can.
the point is that this information is from God. I know the difference between goodness/light as apposed the darkness of evil.
As for who is the best Psychic, I cannot say. I would have to know them meet with them to tell if they are of the light or just posers.
Sylvia Brown cost so much because of supply and demand as well as she has been the soul source of income for her business. She pays alot of salaries to other people who work with her and for her.
No think upon this, how many psychics are in the Bible? Who all spoke to or heard from God? How do you think they got the messages? By way of being Psychic. A gift from God and a constant connection direct back to our home.
just some food to think on. Most won't agree with me or even understand or even care to understand. I just know to many good people out there who are Psychic (Including ordained Ministers) to some degree or another.
On last thing. No Psychic is 100% dead on... you are lucky if you can find one who is 50% on. Sylvia Brown, John Edwards and anyone else who are tauted as good will tend to be 60-85% correct.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:17 PM

4,679 posts, read 11,220,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I knew you were going to say that.
Oh yea,,, well, then Charley, I'm thinking of a number between one and hundred, can you tell me what it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal