Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:11 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

iv'e seen some weird lights in the sky but can't realy say i've seen a definite ufo... just wondering if some of you have seen a real space ship. my ship is kinda leaky but still runs good..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:30 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Well, since "UFO" is nothing more than an Unidentified Flying Object, I would have to say that I absolutely believe in them, and have seen many. Most notably is the silent, small craft that was completely lacking any type of lighting that would fly over the northern edge of the Las Vegas valley and then retreat back to the north. We saw this on average about once a week for roughly 3-4 months when we lived in that part of the valley. I'm fairly certain it was the testing of a new(?) drone out of "Area 51", as that's exactly the direction it made a bee-line for more than once...

As for craft from "another planet", I'm not convinced. I have little doubt that life exists on other planets in the universe, but "life" is a far cry from "intelligent life", and the possibility that any "intelligent" life would be able to not only locate our tiny dust speck of a planet, but also develop the technology to get here and bother to visit without saying "hello" seems somewhat remote. I'm not ruling it out; I'm just saying that I'm far from convinced.

By the way, I used to be an ardent believer in extra-terrestrial visitors, Roswell, etc.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:24 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,657 times
The teacher I had for sophomore english class told me, "I'll believe in UFO's when one lands in my backyard.". That pretty much sums it up. I have never seen any evidence and what photos are available leave a lot of doubt.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
One came by our house and five people saw it. It was shaped like a football and had lights running around the center. My husband and I were on a walk with our dog and he was barking toward the area they said the UFO had been hovering. I was so jealous I did not get to see it, but my two children and a visiting child saw it and later when discussing UfO's in a classroom we discovered another student and his mother had been driving by our home and had seen it too. It hovered over a neighbors lot then left in a flash. Still wish I had seen it.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Well, since "UFO" is nothing more than an Unidentified Flying Object, I would have to say that I absolutely believe in them, and have seen many. Most notably is the silent, small craft that was completely lacking any type of lighting that would fly over the northern edge of the Las Vegas valley and then retreat back to the north. We saw this on average about once a week for roughly 3-4 months when we lived in that part of the valley. I'm fairly certain it was the testing of a new(?) drone out of "Area 51", as that's exactly the direction it made a bee-line for more than once...

As for craft from "another planet", I'm not convinced. I have little doubt that life exists on other planets in the universe, but "life" is a far cry from "intelligent life", and the possibility that any "intelligent" life would be able to not only locate our tiny dust speck of a planet, but also develop the technology to get here and bother to visit without saying "hello" seems somewhat remote. I'm not ruling it out; I'm just saying that I'm far from convinced.

By the way, I used to be an ardent believer in extra-terrestrial visitors, Roswell, etc.

i am kinda up in the air about it... but it's hard to beleave that all the millions people that claim to have seen real ufo's are all 100% liars.. it's a touchy subject...please show your proof here.. i'm all eyes

Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Proof of what? Proof that I've seen man-made aircraft that I couldn't identify? "Is that a Cessna or a Beechcraft?" The key word is Unidentified.

Or do you want proof that I've seen something flying over the Nevada desert? Sorry, can't provide any. It's kind of hard to photograph something flying unlit in the night sky against a black background that's only noticeable because you happen to be looking in the right direction at the right time and there's just barely enough of a reflection from the city lights to see it at all... People have been seeing things in the Nevada desert for a long time. Many think they're "alien" craft. I don't.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:00 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
I want to believe we are not the only life form but i have never seen a alien space craft. Yet

Old 03-07-2009, 11:06 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
There must be other intelligent life, there are so many stars and planets it's got to have happened some where else. Now if they come down to rural areas, dismember cows and anal probe hicks....I'm not so sure about that.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,418 times
There is intelligent life elsewhere, I do believe. There have been too many sightings, too many videos, too many encounters, too many abductions for them all to have been manufactured. Also if you notice, the accounts are remarkably similar. As for pure sightings, though ships are reported to have come in many shapes, their speed and dexterity, their silence in 0 to 600 are running themes. And as for reported abductions and actual ET encounters, nearly all have reported an unaccountable lapse of time. Slight, silent beings with large heads, in an light-blurred, antiseptic examining room, scars where incisions were made, and I even saw one documentary where people had chips removed that UFO investigators believed were some kind of tracking, monitoring devices.

And yes, I have seen something in the sky that I could not account for or identify. It was in either '77 or '76 in Pittsburgh, I was about 12 years old, it was at at night, maybe around eleven o'clock or so. My family was all asleep and I had to go out to our backyard for a minute to get my shoes that I'd left outside to dry. It was a hilly, cluttered neighborhood, and I looked up to the sky, this would have been South, and I saw an oval, fully lit, off-white object moving very slowly, silently across the sky. There was no one else around, I dare not run inside and wake up my parents. Firstly, I figured it would be gone by then, and secondly I wasn't too sure that they would think it was worth disrupting sleep over, but that was it really. This illuminated object just moved slowly, silently across the sky till it was lost behind the far hills.

I never told anybody. Knew nobody would believe me, and couldn't see why it mattered one way or the other. As a kid I just thought, 'Oh, that must be one of those UFO's they talk about. But the upshot of this story is a few years back when I started surfing the net I came across a cite that listed a lot of PA sightings and what do ya know? There were many reports filed in Pittsburgh on the very same night that I saw mine. I tried to find a link to those reports now, but could not. Below I've linked two relative links from more recently.

The "Phoenix Lights", an account of a formation of UFO's sighted a few years back, by many, including the governor of the state ... and also a link for a conference where pilots, scientists, etc., from around the world make their case in D.C. in late '07.

YouTube - real UFO sighting during CNN broadcast

YouTube - CNN report UFO conference 12 november 2007

Old 03-07-2009, 11:31 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
Default I'm just glad the recent ones have been friendly

The War of the Worlds -- H. G. Wells

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal