Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:40 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Why I believe there are still prophets today:

Eph4:
11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ

Verse 11 tells us what, verse 12 tells us why, and verse 13 tells us for how long we will have the five ministries.
Needless to say, we have not come into the unity of the faith, nor have we all attained perfection. Nowhere does it say prophets will be "phased out" when the Bible is complete. (that is a doctrine of man that is widely taught, but it is not supported by the Bible)

Bud
That was for the early church, the bible was not completed

Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That was for the early church, the bible was not completed
Oh, my. Please pray over that.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Oh, my. Please pray over that.
I don't need to Stirringwater. We have the bible, no need for prophets. A prophet can't say anything that isn't already in the completed revelation. If he does then it is not from God?

If a "prophet" came to you and gave you "prophecy". How will you know it is from God?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:02 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
But see, that's just it...thousands of different denominations claim their views are in line with the Bible, and yet so many of them differ from one another - including on major doctrinal issues. So how do you know which one is right? (I've asked that question a bazillion times in these forums, and still no one has answered it. Am I speaking Greek? )
I answered this question, not everyone is listening to the Holy Spirit who guides us into the truth. Want to know which one is right, read and study the Bible and let the Holy Spirit teach you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I asked you where in the Bible God told us that the Bible was complete. You did not answer that question. If the Bible is a complete record of everything God wants us to know, you'd think He'd have said so -- in the Bible. Where is it?
If the Bible were not complete, God would not have said this:
Revelation 22:18 "And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the prophetic words of this Book, if anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this Book.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:24 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,347 times
Quote:
Well Sherry, we don't know that we are in the last days. For all we know Israel could be invaded, overrun and defeated and a new state won't be established for another 1,000 years?
I do know we are in the last days...
How do I know this? I would not be experiencing the dreams that I am if we were not...(I know many others speak of other events....but because of the dream, it is more concrete for me---for He said it plainly in the bible)
I beg of you to listen to what i have to say...
I have had dreams...dreams that came true...dreams that people witnessed coming true...many of them....the last one changed ---in it I saw all the elements that were described in Acts2:17-21....(blood, fire, and smoke)
I don't know about what everyone says that they are seeing...I only know that I speak the truth.
Do you really think I would put myself out here like this if it was not true?
(I know, you do not know me in person---but believe me, I wouldn't---for I am not that type of person)
If you think i think it is fun to be called a liar, you are sadly mistaken..
If you think I think it is fun to be thought of as a "loony"....you are sadly mistaken.
My concern is we don't know how long these end days will last...do we?
Are the end days the same as the end times?
i stated before that I am not a prophet...God has never told me any such thing...I would think that a true prophet would experience much more than I have...have more knowledge of what is to be.
We were all simply given a gift through the dreams....they are for all...not just me....and this, plain and simple, is why I am here in this forum taking all the "beatings."
This is why I continually tell people...
I had a dream
Our times will be hard...We are not to lose our faith and now is a time that it is imperative that we spread the words of the Bible.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I do know we are in the last days...
How do I know this? I would not be experiencing the dreams that I am if we were not...(I know many others speak of other events....but because of the dream, it is more concrete for me---for He said it plainly in the bible)
I beg of you to listen to what i have to say...
I have had dreams...dreams that came true...dreams that people witnessed coming true...many of them....the last one changed ---in it I saw all the elements that were described in Acts2:17-21....(blood, fire, and smoke)
I don't know about what everyone says that they are seeing...I only know that I speak the truth.
Do you really think I would put myself out here like this if it was not true?
(I know, you do not know me in person---but believe me, I wouldn't---for I am not that type of person)
If you think i think it is fun to be called a liar, you are sadly mistaken..
If you think I think it is fun to be thought of as a "loony"....you are sadly mistaken.
My concern is we don't know how long these end days will last...do we?
Are the end days the same as the end times?
i stated before that I am not a prophet...God has never told me any such thing...I would think that a true prophet would experience much more than I have...have more knowledge of what is to be.
We were all simply given a gift through the dreams....they are for all...not just me....and this, plain and simple, is why I am here in this forum taking all the "beatings."
This is why I continually tell people...
I had a dream
Our times will be hard...We are not to lose our faith and now is a time that it is imperative that we spread the words of the Bible.
I am not questioning you.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:43 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Why? would He have to say so. If He says the bible is His word, why would he have to say, this is all. Genesis to Revelation- pretty clear cut.
Well why on earth wouldn't He say? How on earth would anybody know if He didn't tell us? You can't possibly think your Bible -- Genesis to Revelation -- arrived in a nice little prepackaged book, arranged in the order in which you now read it, without a great deal of controversy and debate. Revelation wasn't even the last book of the New Testament to be written. Are you really as naive as you're coming across?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Needless to say, we have not come into the unity of the faith, nor have we all attained perfection. Nowhere does it say prophets will be "phased out" when the Bible is complete. (that is a doctrine of man that is widely taught, but it is not supported by the Bible).
You are absolutely correct! Furthermore, in Amos, we are told that God will never do anything without first revealing His secrets to His servants, the prophets. There was no qualifier that said, "except that when the Bible is complete, He'll suddenly clam up."

Old 03-11-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
If the Bible were not complete, God would not have said this: Revelation 22:18 "And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the prophetic words of this Book, if anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this Book.
Holy Cow, Carolina! You can't really think that is referring to the Bible as a whole! The Bible didn't even exist when John received Revelation. It referred to the book of Revelation. Period. That's the only conceivable thing it could mean. Besides, it was referring to men deciding to add their own words. It never, ever, ever said that God was through talking to us! Anyone who believes that is, in effect, trying to tell God to shut up!

By the way, just one more thought... You'd better tear John's epistles and his gospel out of your Bible if you think that Revelation 22:18 means that nothing was to be added to the scripture that existed at that time. All of John'sd epistles and his own gospel were written long after he completed Revelation.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:23 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,449 times
Quote:
I don't need to Stirringwater. We have the bible, no need for prophets. A prophet can't say anything that isn't already in the completed revelation. If he does then it is not from God?

If a "prophet" came to you and gave you "prophecy". How will you know it is from God?
But the Bible says there will be prophets in the end times. And I think it is possible that there are prophets all through time based on the verse someone else posted. Since it isn't clear to all, it is something to be prayed on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal