Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times

Advertisements

John Wesley said “Giving up witchcraft is, in effect, giving up the Bible”, meaning that to give up the belief that there is such a thing as witchcraft is to go against the Bible (which speaks of witches).

Over in Kenya the folks believe in witches. Just recently 11 people were burned alive for being suspected of witchcraft: BBC NEWS | Africa | Kenyan arrests for 'witch' deaths

Interestingly, Sarah Palin's church has hosted Thomas Muthee, a Christian pastor from Kenya (he's the one who laid hands on her and prayed for her) who is a witch hunter himself. He had a woman declared a witch, which led to villagers demanding she be turned over to them for stoning. http://timesonline.typepad.com/uselections/2008/09/palin-linked-el.html (broken link)

Isn't it time to give up magical beliefs, whatever the form?

BTW, don't watch the video if you are squeamish; its horrifying.

Last edited by nightflight; 04-22-2009 at 11:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,069,504 times
The Bible is clear that there is power in demonic or dark activities...but I personally have never seen anything like witches.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:27 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
The Bible is clear that there is power in demonic or dark activities...but I personally have never seen anything like witches.
One more reason the bible is wrong, and what's more a dangerous and evil book.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:30 AM

539 posts, read 215,687 times
My sister's a Wiccan and she and her family live next door to a church. Nobody's burst into flames, so I guess things are cool.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Isn't it time to give up magical beliefs, whatever the form?
Definitely not!

I agree that sometimes, belief in magic can be harmful -- but, at the same time, we *need* the magic around us. Take magic away, and the world begins to lose its beauty.

I *need* magic -- I need that sense of wonder, and joy, and the sense of discovery that comes along with it.

Look into a child's eyes when they find a frog or a grasshopper, and tell me that's not 'magical' in its own way.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Definitely not!

I agree that sometimes, belief in magic can be harmful -- but, at the same time, we *need* the magic around us. Take magic away, and the world begins to lose its beauty.

I *need* magic -- I need that sense of wonder, and joy, and the sense of discovery that comes along with it.

Look into a child's eyes when they find a frog or a grasshopper, and tell me that's not 'magical' in its own way.
I agree, but that's not the sort of magic being discussed.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:40 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
nightflight wrote:
Quote:
Interestingly, Sarah Palin's church has hosted Thomas Muthee, a Christian pastor from Kenya (he's the one who laid hands on her and prayed for her) who is a witch hunter himself.
He probably just wanted an excuse to grope her.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I agree, but that's not the sort of magic being discussed.

i agree to that, too, but what's being discussed ought to come with those magic strings attached to the words ....

Old 04-23-2009, 09:26 AM

49 posts, read 420,298 times
witches are real maybe not like you see in movies but in the essance of wicca and pagan belives as i myself am pagan being a witch does not mean you can blink you eyes and make thing happen its nothing like the tv show charmed there is many diffrent forms of witchcraft some belive in the mother god and the horned god who is also referd to as the lord (not to be mistaken with the christan lord) or that the "god" or "goddess" are all around us in nature anyways theres lots of diffrent belives i myself belive in the mother goddess and the horned god who is also refered to as the lord i belive they are a part of everything in nature and as for magic it is just the belive of energy magic is directing your own energy onto something you want wether its a healing potion or a protection potion it involes making it your self so its part of you and your energy its like mind of body sort of thing the the new book thats out called the secret its about loseing weight by directing your energy and making youself think you thin everything in life has an energy people and objects as well magic is just banding that energy in the way you want it but if your a true "witch" you no that the wiccan rede is "harm none do what ye will" if you hurt someone or do anything bad with magic then karma will get you back twice as bad so in essence no its not time to give up magical belifes because its a religon just like christianity and thats like asking you to not belive in your god and true wiccans are acceptent of others reloigons and dont judge them because of it so you should return the favor

thanks and blessed be

Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 AM

49 posts, read 420,298 times
oh and i forgot to include that wicca is not evil and is now way connected to the devil it is not satanism its wicca its a complete diffrent belife we dont like evil either and dont envoke it such as satan worshipers would its tottally diffrent!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal