U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,764,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Mothman sightings in London
Written By: The Book of Thoth
Posted: 3/31/2005
Mothman sightings in London
Posted on Friday, March 25 @ 19:00:00 GMT by Isis
MothmanRead about two extraordinary cases and decide for yourselves.

One of the most well known cases of a supernatural creature is that of the Mothman. In the small town of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, there were over a hundred sightings of this creature in a little over a year, yet it had seemingly never been heard of before or since.
[Mod edit:copyright]

There is also an interesting article on David himself there entitled The Vampire Hunter Bites Back

David Farrant can be contacted via email at dfplcatherine@yahoo.co.uk for those who would like further information on his research into the Highgate Vampire. (David’s website is http://www.dfarrant.co.uk).

This isn't to create a bashing of things people see. It's just a general question: if such a creature existed would you want to know the truth? Especially if the government knew about it?

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 05-12-2009 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: copyright
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 03:16 PM

10,478 posts, read 14,317,436 times
If Mothman, Jeepers Creepers, any of those things that like to suck your brains out actually existed, we may just be able to use them for good!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM

12,688 posts, read 18,419,728 times
Yes, I am one of them and we are legion.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Yes, I am one of them and we are legion.
How many of you are there?

Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM

40,051 posts, read 31,573,684 times
Well, look at it this way: it was "known" that the coelacanth became extinct in prehistoric times. Until a specimen was trapped in a net in 1938. And the first platypus discovered was declared to be a hoax--a furry mammal with a bill? Preposterous!

So I wouldn't be willing to climb up on a soapbox and say that mothmen can't exist. And if they do, then yes, I would like to know about it.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 PM

13,860 posts, read 24,611,570 times
I went through Point Pleasant, and over the Silver Bridge, dozens of times when I lived in Ohio.

Never saw it.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I went through Point Pleasant, and over the Silver Bridge, dozens of times when I lived in Ohio.

Never saw it.
Well it has to be an elusive animal.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:16 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,427,031 times
I thought it was very telling last year when that helicopter or airplane got photos of a tribe in South America that had never had contact with the outside world and no one in the outside world knew they existed.

If we have no idea an entire civilization of people exists, then perhaps there is much more our satellites and science have failed to discover.

On another level, it's possible there are creatures that exist between dimensions (meaning they are able to move between different quantum dimensions) and do not necessarily leave remains behind in ours.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:35 PM

558 posts, read 748,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
This isn't to create a bashing of things people see. It's just a general question: if such a creature existed would you want to know the truth? Especially if the government knew about it?
[/indent]
Yes, I would want to know. I want things like Indrid Cold and mothmen to exist, but they probably don't. And if they did, there'd probably be some natural explanation for them...certainly nothing paranormal or otherworldy about them...just relics from a time past.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:41 PM

13,860 posts, read 24,611,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I thought it was very telling last year when that helicopter or airplane got photos of a tribe in South America that had never had contact with the outside world and no one in the outside world knew they existed.

If we have no idea an entire civilization of people exists, then perhaps there is much more our satellites and science have failed to discover.

On another level, it's possible there are creatures that exist between dimensions (meaning they are able to move between different quantum dimensions) and do not necessarily leave remains behind in ours.
If it is in my property domain, I'm suing for rent.

Let them use the "other quantum dimension" defense in court...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal