Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your Zodiac Astrology Sign
Aquarius 21 Jan - 18 Feb 15 10.00%
Pisces 19 Feb - 20 March 12 8.00%
Aries 21 March - 20 April 14 9.33%
Taurus 21 April - 21 May 8 5.33%
Gemini 22 May - 21 June 8 5.33%
Cancer 22 June - 22 July 9 6.00%
Leo 24 July - 23 Aug 11 7.33%
Virgo 24 Aug - 22 Sept 10 6.67%
Libra 23 Sept - 23 Oct 10 6.67%
Scorpio 24 Oct - 25 Nov 16 10.67%
Sagittarius 23 Nov - 21 Dec 13 8.67%
Capricorn 22 Dec - 20 Jan 12 8.00%
I don't believe in any aspects of Astrology 12 8.00%
I refuse to answer , it may incriminate me 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,200,705 times

Advertisements

Well, ILNC and hiknapster, no wonder we get along. Scorpio here, too. Nov. 2. Like Rapture, I just like to check it out once in a while for entertainment. But I have to agree with ILNC. I fit the profile, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 09:23 AM

536 posts, read 1,190,745 times
im a sagitarrious (dec 2) so im half man half horse

Old 04-07-2007, 10:01 AM

2,071 posts, read 11,993,005 times
Default Sag

I'm a Sag. I really don't believe in Astrology. I don't fit the description of a Sag, maybe it's because I'm on the cusp of Scorpio. But I do read my horoscope as a cheap way of entertainment.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,771,727 times
Quote:
SGoldie: I think you have to follow it for a while before you can recognize the traits of a sign in different people, good or bad.

I'm an aquarius with scorpio rising, a gemini moon and lots of libra. This would mean I'm a gregarious original idea person (aqu) who is very intense, secretive and charismatic (sco), intelligent (gem/aqu) and loves beauty and harmony (lib). That's pretty much me.
I would get a long with you using this system! I have a Sag sun, a Moon in Scorpio and Cancer rising, with a Pisces midheaven, and Venus in Capricorn . Gemini and Sagittarius balance each other, Aquarius is sextile to Sag (which is harmonious), and Scorpio would allow us to understand each other. Good stuff.

I have a feeling Cosmic knows more about this stuff than he lets on. He's using a parallel point of personality assessment -- which they do use in various personal profiles even in some job applications.

Being a child of the Sixties, I did not originally take astrology seriously, and in fact began a huge in-depth study of it for several years to disprove it. To my surprise, as I dissected the system piece-by-piece, I found more validity rather than less. The catch seems to be, that those astrology books only focus on the Sun sign, not the combination of signs. I learned enough to give pretty credible astrology readings, and with the mixture of my Pisces Midheaven, can get a lot of information.......or so I've been told by freaked out people.

Over the years, if I look at my close friends, I do see a correlation. When I first started studying the system, I thought it would not work because I had many Water sign friends....and I'm a fire sign sun. So, to my surprise, I discovered that unlike the fire sun in my chart, I had more Water signs -- Cancer rising, Moon in Scorpio. Thus, it correlated.

However, I do not live my life by it, I find it interesting, and we can probably find correlations in many things if we try hard enough (open Sag side coming out! ).

Last edited by Wisteria; 04-07-2007 at 01:48 PM..

Old 04-07-2007, 03:37 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,070,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Well, ILNC and hiknapster, no wonder we get along. Scorpio here, too. Nov. 2. Like Rapture, I just like to check it out once in a while for entertainment. But I have to agree with ILNC. I fit the profile, too!

I'm November 10. My mom is November 15!

Old 04-07-2007, 03:40 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,200,705 times
My youngest sister is Nov. 18. Scary, isn't it??

Old 04-07-2007, 06:10 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,070,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
My youngest sister is Nov. 18. Scary, isn't it??
That's hilarious!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:51 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,682,782 times
Default Boy, I was wondering...... Are you sure?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I would get a long with you using this system! I have a Sag sun, a Moon in Scorpio and Cancer rising, with a Pisces midheaven, and Venus in Capricorn . Gemini and Sagittarius balance each other, Aquarius is sextile to Sag (which is harmonious), and Scorpio would allow us to understand each other. Good stuff.

1. I have a feeling Cosmic knows more about this stuff than he lets on. He's using a parallel point of personality assessment -- which they do use in various personal profiles even in some job applications.

2. Being a child of the Sixties, I did not originally take astrology seriously, and in fact began a huge in-depth study of it for several years to disprove it. To my surprise, as I dissected the system piece-by-piece, I found more validity rather than less. The catch seems to be, that those astrology books only focus on the Sun sign, not the combination of signs. I learned enough to give pretty credible astrology readings, and with the mixture of my Pisces Midheaven, can get a lot of information.......or so I've been told by freaked out people.

3. Over the years, if I look at my close friends, I do see a correlation. When I first started studying the system, I thought it would not work because I had many Water sign friends....and I'm a fire sign sun. So, to my surprise, I discovered that unlike the fire sun in my chart, I had more Water signs -- Cancer rising, Moon in Scorpio. Thus, it correlated.

4. However, I do not live my life by it, I find it interesting, and we can probably find correlations in many things if we try hard enough (open Sag side coming out! ).
The answers to the above are as flagged by numbers. Still Ms. Emmy on the stereo. Walking the line.

1. Yes, my dear, exactly did what I expected, did you to catch it or what. What a tangled web we can weave. Of course there are all sorts of systems. I even developed my own for use in management of people, nothing to do with lovers, matching or dating whatever. Works the same, even within same sex work type requirements. My, you are sharp. Why did I know you would have the right answers.

2. O' My - Not you too. I did the same thing. Same results as you. Even today I do not have a good science type explanation. Couple of theories. I did not get into all the reading stuff via that type system because it was not exactly where I wanted to go. In fact, if you want to be disturbed some of those things for me were dead exactly right on. A couple scary in the exact details. Which of course generated a ton of questions and attempts to channel it into another direction. I will let you guess the sign. Has my efforts over the years to mask out the weaknesses been successful?

3. I do not fully understand what you are saying in #3. Hoping for that Scorpio passion, pant, pant. What characteristics of Cancer. Wow, controlled could get very, very interesting. You will have to tell us so, so much more.

4. Of course you are right. A guideline to channeling your strengths which may prove to be a form of birthright. Back to #2 and how those questions form up.

You are not what I would have guessed at all. Not sure exactly what I would have guessed. More what I was sure it was not. Think your reactions where somewhat along the line I did. Build on what was available and channeled it out to make it not nature but somewhat nurture / training / experience related. Understand the underlying strengths, minimize the weak points, never can eliminate, only control.

Please do not consider I set a trap for you. Did not fool you much did I?? You are something else. Totally ignored the chatter, went to the heart of it.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:30 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,545,121 times
I'm a nov 10 too, i don't put a lot into it though, just the sexy part

Old 04-07-2007, 11:18 PM

10 posts, read 38,994 times
Default leo

I try to stay away from this stuff. The sign I'm born under does fit me for the most part , but than again it could be that I took after one or both of my parents personalitites and that just happened to be like the sign i was born under.
Don't they say that people generally remember what is in common and forget what isn't with these things? From a desire to fit in perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal