U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-09-2009, 04:22 AM
 
Location: Southwestern Ohio
4,098 posts, read 4,001,763 times
Reputation: 1536
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I agree.
Also, I do think that some people (such as myself) *are* open to it, but remain oblivious. As fascinated as I am with this stuff, it is almost as if I have a blank spot where the receptivity should be.

No, they stayed there.
That was sort of the interesting part of the situation:
My friend, the one who was visiting her sister, felt an awful, horrible vibe as soon as she got out of her car and stood in front of her house.
The sister and her roommates, however, managed just fine in the house, as long as they kept the door to The Room shut. I am sure they opened that door once or twice, then decided to keep it closed.
It would be interesting to hear the history of that house and it's occupants. I have a couple of stories that I'd like to share, but I have to get ready for work now. TTYL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2009, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 11,202,225 times
Reputation: 9079
If you knew where you came from, you'd have no fear of anything, much less, death and dying. There are no ghosts, least of all, frightened ones. But it's entertaining to watch some of these stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 10:21 AM
 
Location: Back in New York
1,105 posts, read 2,414,880 times
Reputation: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
If you knew where you came from, you'd have no fear of anything, much less, death and dying. There are no ghosts, least of all, frightened ones. But it's entertaining to watch some of these stories.
Yea cuz everyone is making up these stories or imagined them, right?

Please enlighten us...where did we come from since you seem to have the answers?

My guess is ghosts conflict your religious beliefs which can be debunked much easier then the exsistence of spirits :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Now in Oregon!
377 posts, read 801,002 times
Reputation: 286
Default Hmm-m-m...

I always wondered about things that go bump in the night... Like, Why are they always fully clothed???? Where do the clothes come from? Do clothes die? Is there a Kmart that has died where the ghosts buy the clothes that died? Did they use dead money?

Hmm-m-m.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2009, 07:18 PM
 
Location: at work!
1,605 posts, read 1,853,850 times
Reputation: 8419
I have had many things happen to make me believe in ghosts. This particular house had a very strong presence when we moved in, accompanied by very real dreams. You never feel alone here, yet it is rather comforting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2009, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Back in New York
1,105 posts, read 2,414,880 times
Reputation: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoJimo View Post
I always wondered about things that go bump in the night... Like, Why are they always fully clothed???? Where do the clothes come from? Do clothes die? Is there a Kmart that has died where the ghosts buy the clothes that died? Did they use dead money?

Hmm-m-m.......
Maybe its the clothes they died in. A long time ago a woman told me about a ghost who would always appear on holidays and Mothers Day. You could only see him from the waist up and he had a pack of cigarettes rolled up in his sleeve. The woman believed he was looking for his mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Looking over your shoulder
23,335 posts, read 14,981,563 times
Reputation: 54273
Question What one sees and the other Doesn’t ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Would love to hear your true stories and experiences with the paranormal. Ever lived with a ghost or encounter one?
My wife and I visited another town to attend a funeral of a dear young friend of ours that had passed away. While sitting in the mortuary attending the evening services for this young lady, my wife couldn’t help but feel the spiritual presence of her while inside. Afterwards,,, everyone was leaving and headed for their parked cars, when my wife and a friend of hers who also attended the services decided that they should go to the restroom before the long trip of driving back home. They both turned and walked back towards the building and asked the men at the doorway were, “What direction was the ladies restroom”. The employees of the mortuary at the door gave the two ladies directions “just down the hall and on the left” however they were somewhat unhappy about this issue because they had to go and unlock the door for them first.

While my wife & her friend used the restroom my wife said she was having a very hard time keeping the door closed on the one stall closed, and her friend that was there was busy using the sink and washing her hands. My wife verbally made a joke about the door of the stall continually opening while and wouldn’t stay closed she was using it. She was joking with the “spirit” of the young lady who had passed away about this stall door issue, accusing “her” of pushing it opened after it was closed.

The two ladies were finished in the restroom and as they returned they again saw the men of the mortuary holding the doors for them as they left the building. My wife smiled and told the men “they could now lock the restroom door again it was empty ~ nobody else was in there.” and to also have a good evening.

It was then that the men looked at each other and then said rather harshly “LADIES, there were three of you who went into the restroom”. The two ladies (my wife & her friend) looked at each other, smiled and continue walking to the car.

No one has any idea how long those men waited for that "spirit" to leave the restroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2009, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Back in New York
1,105 posts, read 2,414,880 times
Reputation: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
My wife and I visited another town to attend a funeral of a dear young friend of ours that had passed away. While sitting in the mortuary attending the evening services for this young lady, my wife couldn’t help but feel the spiritual presence of her while inside. Afterwards,,, everyone was leaving and headed for their parked cars, when my wife and a friend of hers who also attended the services decided that they should go to the restroom before the long trip of driving back home. They both turned and walked back towards the building and asked the men at the doorway were, “What direction was the ladies restroom”. The employees of the mortuary at the door gave the two ladies directions “just down the hall and on the left” however they were somewhat unhappy about this issue because they had to go and unlock the door for them first.

While my wife & her friend used the restroom my wife said she was having a very hard time keeping the door closed on the one stall closed, and her friend that was there was busy using the sink and washing her hands. My wife verbally made a joke about the door of the stall continually opening while and wouldn’t stay closed she was using it. She was joking with the “spirit” of the young lady who had passed away about this stall door issue, accusing “her” of pushing it opened after it was closed.

The two ladies were finished in the restroom and as they returned they again saw the men of the mortuary holding the doors for them as they left the building. My wife smiled and told the men “they could now lock the restroom door again it was empty ~ nobody else was in there.” and to also have a good evening.

It was then that the men looked at each other and then said rather harshly “LADIES, there were three of you who went into the restroom”. The two ladies (my wife & her friend) looked at each other, smiled and continue walking to the car.

No one has any idea how long those men waited for that "spirit" to leave the restroom.

That is pretty funny. Your wife just felt her presence but never saw her? If I was a spirit I don't think I would want to hang out at my funeral. The idea of going wherever you want sounds fun though :-) I know that ppl who can produce OBEs or astal projection say you can go wherever you want including walking through walls. That can be recreated in a lab too by touching a certain part of the brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2009, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Looking over your shoulder
23,335 posts, read 14,981,563 times
Reputation: 54273
Question It's a learning thing for a spirit

Yes,, it was interesting to have these two ladies talking about the incident after they left the funeral home, however it made both of them every uneasy about what they had experienced together.

As for the “spirit” not wanting to hang out at the funeral, I tend to think just the opposite. If you’ve only become a “spirit” for the last several days (less then a week) what do you know about being one? You have to learn what you can and can’t do as a spirit just like the learning you go through as a live human. So hanging around the funeral home and with family or friends would be the first thing I’d think about doing. I’d want to talk with my family or friends and see them as much as I could just after death. I’d then learn about the other things that I could or couldn’t do and later be on my way, however sticking around at first for a while is logical for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2009, 03:30 AM
 
Location: Texas
587 posts, read 241,323 times
Reputation: 323
There is a spirit kittie in our home. It's been interesting to say the least. When we first moved here we had a tall wooden stool in the kitchen. And it would make noise when one of our cats jumped on it. Soon we began hearing the same sound from the kitchen, and our cats would be with us. Then our cats started greeting it, like an imaginary friend. Now, years later, both my husband and I have seen it. It has jumped onto the bed and likes to rub past us when we're at our desks. Like I said, it's been interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top