Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the following do believe in?
God - not personified 45 31.47%
God personified - Allah, God, Zues, etc. 44 30.77%
angels and/or demons 60 41.96%
ghost 64 44.76%
vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc. 7 4.90%
bigfoot, loch ness monster, chupacabra, etc. 22 15.38%
easter bunny, tooth fairy, Santa, etc. 6 4.20%
alien visitors 45 31.47%
LOL none! 38 26.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:24 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
This is also why I couldn't vote either, Yes I believe in God!
I didn't mean to set the poll up so you couldn't vote. I gave two choices for God, so are they not acceptable? I gave the non-personified choice because I felt there would be some who believe in God but not in traditional sense.

The result that is a little surprising to me is how many people believe in ghost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 12:43 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
I didn't mean to set the poll up so you couldn't vote. I gave two choices for God, so are they not acceptable? I gave the non-personified choice because I felt there would be some who believe in God but not in traditional sense.

The result that is a little surprising to me is how many people believe in ghost.
I have had expereinces so yes I believe in ghosts. I dont see how a person could believe in a God but not a ghost. If we have spirits I would assume we would have ghosts ( which are just spirits).

Old 04-15-2007, 12:43 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
I believe in God as was mentioned by another poster so I checked God personified since it lists God, Allah, etc. My beliefs seemed to fall into that category.

I also believe in angels/demons. Also, I agree with another poster who believes there is some sort of life form in the universe other then earth dwellers. Sorry I didn't check that one cause my mind just pictured the little green men.

Can't believe no one believes in the tooth fairy yet. But seriously, what's a chupacabra?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:45 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
I believe in God as was mentioned by another poster so I checked God personified since it lists God, Allah, etc. My beliefs seemed to fall into that category.

I also believe in angels/demons. Also, I agree with another poster who believes there is some sort of life form in the universe other then earth dwellers. Sorry I didn't check that one cause my mind just pictured the little green men.

Can't believe no one believes in the tooth fairy yet. But seriously, what's a chupacabra?
Everyone understood correctly. By alien visitor I mean aliens that here on the Earth now, abducting people and mutilating cattle and stuff.

Chupacabra means goat sucker. Its a story about a some unknown creature that kills goats by sucking all their blood out.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 PM

32 posts, read 68,475 times
i believe in god (not personified) and a goddess. i believe in ghost, ive had too many experiences not to. and i believe in aliens, maybe not what usually comes to mind, but c'mon guys what are the odd sthat we are alone in this vast universe.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:00 AM

6 posts, read 40,047 times
I took the pole,checked ghost,though it should be spirits. I have seen them so I know they are real I have also seen ufo's and so yes I do believe in them. I could not, not believe in God, his handywork is everywhere. Alien visitors, I think we all have alien DNA, DNA that does not exist in any other
species of earth. Demons,you bet, Angels-we are all beautiful angels here on earth pretending to be human. There are also arch angels, Call on Archangel
Michael. You might even see him standing there in your defence with his flaming sword. If this makes me a 'nut' then I am so glad. Could not make it through one day without Christ beside me.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 AM

6 posts, read 40,047 times
Chupacabra: there was a sighting in Mexico a year or so ago. Have not heard anything further on this. But it seems mostly to be seen in Mexico. As for bigfoot well yes there probably are. A woman in Florida hit what they call the skunk man, hair on her bumper did not match any known animal. So it is possible. There are the little gray men but there are those who are here that
are not different than the human. It will all be debated however till our governments (all countries) reveal what they actually know, and they do know.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:37 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
I wouldn't necessarily put all of the choices into the paranormal category. Two of them are not supernatural beliefs, bigfoot or unknown animals and alien visitors. That's because if they were true they wouldn't be something outside of the laws of nature or physics while the other choices clearly are. There's no evidence for anything on the list being true and what passes for evidence in many cases is laughable. If you're going to make a complete list for paranormal events you'd have to include things like extra sensory perception, the ability to foretell the future, etc. Sadly, people sure believe in alot of ridiculous things.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:44 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
One of these days, everyone shall believe in werewolves just as I believe in werewolves.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:21 PM

275 posts, read 434,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Sadly, people sure believe in alot of ridiculous things.
I have to agree with MontanaGuy. Y'all seem nuts to me -- but don't think I am criticizing you, rather, I want you all over to my house for my next big party. Seeing what you folks say sober, I can't wait to see what you folks say when your three-sheets to the wind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal