Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 03:00 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
I tend to believe that those who are the most adamant that they will not return are generally those who will more often than not. Generally, and I am not saying this applies to either of you, but generally those who are tired of the things they have gone through this lifetime have not learned the lessons of this lifetime and are still needing to learn them again.

Think back to highschool... can you remember how horrible it felt to go through all the schoolwork and the crap at school and just life in general? Now that we're adults, it doesn't seem so bad, because we lived through it, we learned and grew from it. Well that's what our past lives are like. When we get to the "in between" we look back at our trials and tribulations and go.. ."heh, that wasn't as bad as it felt at the time, and boy did I learn a lot from that." And sometimes we didn't learn enough, so we have to go back and retake that class! LOL!
totally disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 03:24 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
This maybe true, but that doesn't mean this personality in this lifetime gets to choose! It's your soul that chooses, and our soul knows better in the in-between time what we really want and need!
Yes ...... it's hard to say from this vantage point exactly what "I" am. We're seeing the world in human-animal terms, and we think that what we are during ordinary waking consciousness is what we will continue to be, but I think when we make the full transition from life to afterlife we are something dramatically different with different goals and ways of thinking.

Think of this ...... how are we different in dreaming from our ordinary waking consciousness? There's little ability to control what we dream of. We don't have the same aspirations, loves, hatreds, or learn lessons ...... the traits of our waking consciousness are completely changed (at least they are for me!). And this is not even considering altered states of consciousness from certain drugs! How much more so must it be changed after dying!

Last edited by Woof; 06-05-2012 at 03:38 PM..

Old 06-05-2012, 04:39 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
I tend to believe that those who are the most adamant that they will not return are generally those who will more often than not. Generally, and I am not saying this applies to either of you, but generally those who are tired of the things they have gone through this lifetime have not learned the lessons of this lifetime and are still needing to learn them again.

Think back to highschool... can you remember how horrible it felt to go through all the schoolwork and the crap at school and just life in general? Now that we're adults, it doesn't seem so bad, because we lived through it, we learned and grew from it. Well that's what our past lives are like. When we get to the "in between" we look back at our trials and tribulations and go.. ."heh, that wasn't as bad as it felt at the time, and boy did I learn a lot from that." And sometimes we didn't learn enough, so we have to go back and retake that class! LOL!
I also totally disagree. It's true I hated high school, but i would never go back, because the memories to me are just as bad.
As far as I know I won't be coming back for another life after this one. But of course if reincarnation is real, i won't remember anyway.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:11 PM

1,187 posts, read 994,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I also totally disagree. It's true I hated high school, but i would never go back, because the memories to me are just as bad.
As far as I know I won't be coming back for another life after this one. But of course if reincarnation is real, i won't remember anyway.
That's ok, I could be totally wrong too! We, at least our personalities in this life, may never know for sure!

Old 06-05-2012, 05:25 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
That's ok, I could be totally wrong too! We, at least our personalities in this life, may never know for sure!
I think you made a good point, Wyndsong. Don't the Hindus teach that we need detachment? There are things that I have not yet done in this life that I would have liked to and relationships in which I could have done things differently. I think all these things draw us back here.

When we say we don't want to come back, sometimes we are just sick of our current selves.

There are several levels of the afterlife and we go where our consciousness leads us. It would appear that this is the only life we 'die' in. The rest we leave in order to gain more experience and progress spiritually. So, we are more oblivious here, it would seem.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think you made a good point, Wyndsong. Don't the Hindus teach that we need detachment? There are things that I have not yet done in this life that I would have liked to and relationships in which I could have done things differently. I think all these things draw us back here.

When we say we don't want to come back, sometimes we are just sick of our current selves.

There are several levels of the afterlife and we go where our consciousness leads us. It would appear that this is the only life we 'die' in. The rest we leave in order to gain more experience and progress spiritually. So, we are more oblivious here, it would seem.
I'm not sick of my current self. I've delved very deep into my spiritual self and past lives and the conclusions are not something I care to share here. Therefore my reason(s) for not choosing to reincarnate are valid-to me and not really up for debate. Suffice it to say-I'm done.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
You might change your mind after a 1000 years and decide you want to move up higher on the spiritual plane.

There is no measurement of time in the spirit world.
Perhaps I have reached the highest level after this life

Old 06-05-2012, 07:11 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Perhaps I have reached the highest level after this life
I doubt it. I could be WAY WAY wrong on this, but I don't think such a thing is possible for a human. It's kinda like a kindergardener saying they're ready to do their PHd Thesis.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I doubt it. I could be WAY WAY wrong on this, but I don't think such a thing is possible for a human. It's kinda like a kindergardener saying they're ready to do their PHd Thesis.

my human form has zilch to do with my soul

Old 06-05-2012, 10:03 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
According to Jane Robert's Seth, an oversoul can have several incarnations of separate personalities in different time periods - simultaneously. That would mean, for example, that the Chinese fishmonger incarnation is being done at the same time as the WW I infantryman, as well as the Neanderthal ..... each is its own drama with different lessons being learned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal