Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 09:17 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times

Advertisements

Based on court of law standards it would have been proven that extraterrestrials have been visiting earth. There certainly is a lot of circumstancial evidence. I think we all agree that MOST UFO sightings can be explained but there are those that can't be identified as a natural phenomena, airplanes, military craft, stars, Venus, ect. Remember all it takes is one. But honestly even if we had physical evidence of a crash landed alien space ship, people still wouldn't believe it because their minds are made up that in no way it is possible for extraterrestrials to come to earth in a spaceship. You cant really blame people like that though because our minds have been program through movies that all this alien stuff is science fiction. There are a lot of things in our past that was once science fiction and is now science fact. The idea of man going to the moon was once science fiction for example. But one may argue there is already physical proof. Crash debris from the Roswell crash that was kept for more than 50 years was given to researchers and they found remarkable properties in the material. They stated based on metallic properties it could only have been manufactured in the vacuums of space. What that translates to is that the material was extraterrestrial. Many of the researchers associated with the material have mysteriously died. But despite the proof, it still will be ignored by most.

Here is one clip about physical evidence from the Roswell crash

Last edited by gsoboi; 09-21-2009 at 09:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 09:38 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
gsoboi wrote:
Quote:
But honestly even if we had physical evidence of a crash landed alien space ship, people still wouldn't believe it because their minds are made up that in no way it is possible for extraterrestrials to come to earth in a spaceship.
That's not true at all. We've managed to land on the moon and send unmanned missions to Mars so it's certainly possible that an advanced civilization on another planet could do the same thing. The problem is that we don't have any evidence at all that aliens have visited the earth.
By the way, you never did respond to my post in which I showed that one of Bob Dean's photos of a supposed UFO is really a cropped photo of a Saturn rocket and therefore a fraud.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
gsoboi wrote:

That's not true at all. We've managed to land on the moon and send unmanned missions to Mars so it's certainly possible that an advanced civilization on another planet could do the same thing. The problem is that we don't have any evidence at all that aliens have visited the earth.
By the way, you never did respond to my post in which I showed that one of Bob Dean's photos of a supposed UFO is really a cropped photo of a Saturn rocket and therefore a fraud.
respond to the above video......

BTW many people dont realize it but There were two crash sites involved with the Roswell crash back in 1947. The first site the object was totally destroyed and created a vast debris field. The second site the craft was entact and there were 4 bodies, one being alive. This craft wasnt the typical saucer shape. It was more like a hull/flying wing. here is an artist rendering of what witnesses have described

Witnesses described foil like metal debris that returned to its original shape after you folded it up. Today we would call this memory metal and strangely NASA is using memory/smart metal on the skin of its future space planes.

But I could help but notice the simularities between the what witnesses saw in 1947 and what NASA is working on...look below. In fact the former CEO of Lockheed's "Skunk Works" admits that the Roswell UFO has influenced different models of top secret US airplanes including stealth.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/morphing_med.mov

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/images/rightstuff/plane_flapping.gif (broken link)

1947 Document obtained under the the freedom of Information act. Notice that this actual declassified document talks of a UFO flying in Arizona around the exact time frame of the Roswell, New Mexico crash. The xeroxed copy of the craft shape in this document matched eyewitness of the craft in the Roswell crash. The craft in this document may in fact be the Roswell craft before it crashed.

Last edited by gsoboi; 09-21-2009 at 10:16 AM..

Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Several Japanese books of folklore such as the Utsuro-Bune tell the story of a UFO like craft landing with strange writing and beautiful girl carrying a mysterious box speaking an unknown language. Hitachi state folklore may describe perhaps one of the earliest UFO stories as posted by Epsi. A mysterious 200 year old hand drawn Japanese accounts of a strange women from a metal bowl/disk shaped craft that flew out of the sea during the Edo period of Japan. The Iwase Bunko Depository library has in its ownership a record known as the Hyouryuukishuu translated to the 'Tales of Castaways'. The document was printed during the late Edo period which modern fans of the paranormal understand this vessel to be the 'Edo-period UFO'. The evidence recorded tells the tales of Japanese mariners who find themselves in unfamiliar nations after becoming lost in the ocean, as well as castaway visitors washed on the seashores of Japan. To the Japanese public, who during this period had existed living in a extended time of national seclusion, these unusual stories must have appeared extremely sensational.

Together with these tales is the report of a damaged ship with a extremely mystifying form. According to the record, this large craft washed up on shore at Harashagahama. The specifications of the craft were three meters tall by five meters in width, had been built from red sandalwood and metal and was equipped with openings of glass or crystal. The mystifying characters of an unfamiliar writing system were discovered etched inside the craft. Aboard the wandering vessel was a delicately decorated young lady with pale face and red eyebrows and locks. She was assessed to be amid eighteen to twenty years of age. Considering that she uttered an unfamiliar language, those that chanced upon her were incapable of determining from where she came.

Even more than 200 years ago there were reports of saucer shaped craft coming from the skies

Last edited by gsoboi; 09-21-2009 at 10:58 AM..

Old 09-21-2009, 10:33 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No-one seems to acknowledge the thousands and thousands of people who say they have been abducted by aliens. Now, either they are all making it up or deceiving themselves or some of them are telling the truth.

It is easy to say there is no proof, but fuzzy photographs, but what do we have of other planets - only fuzzy photographs and perhaps a piece of moonrock that turned out to be a fossilised tree given to the Dutch Pime Minister. If they had the real thing, why would they do that? Similarly, if they have the pin sharp photgraphs of other worlds, why would they give us black and white ones or only fuzzy ones?

If you ask for proof, you have to accept the same amount of proof for this as we do for other things that we cannot touch.

Our legal system likes to have proof, but it also I believe I am correct in saying that they have something that allows for overwhelming circumstancial proof which means that most people would agree that it is likely that....

It seems that we are all shifting the goalposts according to what we want to believe. We should agree what level of proof is possible and what we are going to accept as 'proof' before we start saying there is (or is not) proof of aliens. If we accept that the likelihood is that some (maybe even one or two?) of these thousands of people who claim they hve been abducted are telling the truth then there is relative eye witness 'proof' for the existence of aliens.

Speaking for myself, I certainly haven't said that anyone who has made a claim is lying, although I think you would almost have to agree that some are. Thousands and thousands of people have said they were abducted by aliens? 6000 people? 15,000? 73,000? More than that? How did you determine the figure to be "thousands and thousands"?

I'm not sure anything about abductions have been mentioned in this thread. Regardless, the problem with abduction claims is that there's no evidence or support apart from verbal claim. Many such claims, if not most, describe being abducted from their beds at night. It's almost always at night. Are they lying? No, not necessarily. But there are other explanations.

For example, clinical studies have been done under controlled conditions that have replicated such perceptions. It showed these perceptions can be done during the day or at night. I'd say such perceptions are probably more vivid at night though. It involves electro-magnetic fields influencing the brain. Under non-lab conditions, such power sources can come from older houses or buildings with little shielding of electrical wiring or boxes, stronger power sources such as high tension power lines, even from the ground in areas with strong magnetic fields. Some people are more sensitive to such effects, some people aren't. Sensitivity can vary. In the clinical tests though, most, if not all, test subjects experenced weird feelings and perceptions of some kind of presence of some kind of entity, like a ghost or an alien. It could well be that at least some alien abduction claims are due to being close to a strong electro-magnetic field.

Perceptions can also result from other causes, although I don't think it means people claiming to be abductees are doing this. There are all kinds of strong psychedelics, most notably LSD and especially DMT, that can cause strange perceptions, even a sense of a loss of time. Some people experiencing DMT claim to have entered some kind of hidden dimension where they saw and communicated with strange, super intelligent, alien-like entities. The perceptions can be so strong and vivid, that some people think DMT is like a key to enter such realms. There are also more common (and legal) prescribed medications that can cause strange perceptions.

The point is are such experiences of abductions real? Or could they just be an effect of electro-magnetic fields, chemicals, vivid dreams, etc.? I'm not going to get into a big explanation of how that works on the brain. But I will say it makes the idea of alien abductions look a lot less likely because (1) the abduction claims are just verbal, and (2) there are other explanations that can cause the brain to generate such perceptional effects.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post

Witnesses described foil like metal debris that returned to its original shape after you folded it up. Today we would call this memory metal and strangely NASA is using memory/smart metal on the skin of its future space planes.

But I could help but notice the simularities between the what witnesses saw in 1947 and what NASA is working on...look below. In fact the former CEO of Lockheed's "Skunk Works" admits that the Roswell UFO has influenced different models of top secret US airplanes including stealth.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/morphing_med.mov

The morphing animation shows nothing of any great surprise. I've made enough transpacific international flights to know that the wings of such aircraft like 747s, etc., are made to be flexible. I've looked out the windows on flights and have seen the wings flex up and down like a bird flapping its wings. If the wings didn't flex, the stresses of flying at speeds of 550mph into high altitude winds could cause the wings to vibrate severely enough to potentially break off during the flight.

I'm not sure about the space shuttle, although I'd guess there's some flex to to the wings. Regardless, shuttles seem to return to Earth in an eastward direction, meaning they fly in the same direction as high altitude winds like the jet stream.

Also interesting is that the illustrations you show don't exactly look like alien spacecraft. They look more earthly in origin to me.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Also interesting is that the illustrations you show don't exactly look like alien spacecraft. They look more earthly in origin to me.
Have you considered the possibility that earthly origin craft are mimicing non-earth origin craft? UFOs take on different shapes. They aren't all saucer shaped. Some are round, others are cigar-shaped and so on. In any event there was no earthly craft in 1947 that looked like what was witness described back then. Today it looks familiar but it wasn't in 1947. This would have been a totally alien in design back in 1947

Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 AM

people want proof....here you go... material that is proven to be manufactured and has isotopes proving that the material doesn't even originate from any planet in our solar system.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post

Even more than 200 years ago there were reports of saucer shaped craft coming from the skies

Looks a lot more like a decorated urn used to store rain water. They come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. Some are squat, some are taller. These things have been used for centuries and are still commonly used all over Eastern Asia and SE Asia. I've seen some really huge ones.

Here's a look at some Thailand that are undecorated making them more affordable for most people. These look to be about 3-feet tall. People place these containers along the edge of roofs to catch rain water to be stored for use during the dry season. Old-style water pots sometimes had fancier cover lids.

Click image for larger version

Name:	water_storage_containers.jpg
Views:	2583
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	49477

Old 09-21-2009, 12:22 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
NightBazaar wrote:
Quote:
Looks a lot more like a decorated urn used to store rain water. They come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. Some are squat, some are taller. These things have been used for centuries and are still commonly used all over Eastern Asia and SE Asia. I've seen some really huge ones.
I was thinking the same thing or possibly a wok with a fancy lid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal