Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,410,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
lack of definite proof doesn't mean something is not real. There is evidence that we have been visited just like there is evidence that Mars once had large bodies of water all over the planet. But we dont see a drop of liquid water on the planet. Does that mean there was never liquid water on Mars? Ironically Many of the skeptics calling for proof are Christians and their belief system would have to fall under the same scientific scrutiny based on their logic. Science would call for the proof of the existence of God as well as the creation story. Tell me this...do you believe in God? I want to know how many skeptics here believe in God.
Your "evidence" is about as valid as fake Ica Stones and everything else YECers dredge up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullback32
You see an alien; I see an over-exaggerated boomerang with two coconuts in the middle. Ok, I am being facetious, but my point is made.
Undoubtedly these are open to interpretation, however, what do you interpret the planes and the helicopter in the eqyptian hyroglyphics shown on the earlier page of this thread(page 2 or 3 I think)?
It is very strange that they have pictures of planes in these wall carvings, and it is greater evidence than the alien pictures. It cannot be chance that we developed planes in the form that we did thousands of years later.

I think that there is great evidence from some very believable people in the Disclosure Project. These are military personnel and scientists who have come forward to say what they have experienced as part of their work for the government. I do not believe that they are all media whores and need the publicity. They have openly testified to all kinds of aliens existing and ufo technology being reverse engineered from the Roswell incident.

Anyone who does not believe these Disclosure Project people would have difficulty in believing anything that was 'uncomfortable' to them (ie that rocked their little world). These are all seemingly good honest professional people who are merely recounting what they have experienced as part of their jobs. A court of law would probably conclude that the weight of evidence was such that these things probably exist.

There is plenty of evidence in the old Lunar photographs of the late 60's if you care to examine it for yourselves as I have done. There are loads of examples of strange things that should not be there and even if most were discounted, some small percentage would remain as unexplained.

TENS OF THOUSANDS of people say they have experienced UFOs. THOUSANDS of people say they have been abducted. Are they all lunatics or deluded or mistaken people?

You only have to have one person who is correctly recounting what happened to them for there to be aliens. Do you really think now that these things do not exist?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,812,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Only "crazy" people would say it was naturally made?

Well I guess I'm "crazy" and aliens have been pretty busy all over earth and solar system making faces in rocks.

"Indian Heads" and other humanoid rocks
or here.

http://kk.org/ct2/Heikecrab.jpg

Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Undoubtedly these are open to interpretation, however, what do you interpret the planes and the helicopter in the eqyptian hyroglyphics shown on the earlier page of this thread(page 2 or 3 I think)?
It is very strange that they have pictures of planes in these wall carvings, and it is greater evidence than the alien pictures. It cannot be chance that we developed planes in the form that we did thousands of years later.

I think that there is great evidence from some very believable people in the Disclosure Project. These are military personnel and scientists who have come forward to say what they have experienced as part of their work for the government. I do not believe that they are all media whores and need the publicity. They have openly testified to all kinds of aliens existing and ufo technology being reverse engineered from the Roswell incident.

Anyone who does not believe these Disclosure Project people would have difficulty in believing anything that was 'uncomfortable' to them (ie that rocked their little world). These are all seemingly good honest professional people who are merely recounting what they have experienced as part of their jobs. A court of law would probably conclude that the weight of evidence was such that these things probably exist.

There is plenty of evidence in the old Lunar photographs of the late 60's if you care to examine it for yourselves as I have done. There are loads of examples of strange things that should not be there and even if most were discounted, some small percentage would remain as unexplained.

TENS OF THOUSANDS of people say they have experienced UFOs. THOUSANDS of people say they have been abducted. Are they all lunatics or deluded or mistaken people?

You only have to have one person who is correctly recounting what happened to them for there to be aliens. Do you really think now that these things do not exist?
Reports differed widley before the 1950's, when the "grey man" became popular in science fiction. Now everyone sees "gray men".

So yes, thousands ARE deluded.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:49 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,630,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Pharaoh and Phlying
You raise some good points worth considering such as the modern aircraft and helicopter shown in the Egyptian hieroglyphs in the Temple of Osiris at Abydos. It sure looks like it. The problem is that the conclusion was made by sightseeing tourists, and it ends up spreading like wildfire over the Internet. The real experts have a much different view about it. They aren't aircraft at all.
Pharaoh's Helicopter?

Reverse Engineered UFOs
You mention about people who have openly testified about ufo reverse engineered from the Roswell incident. I haven't heard about that, but there was a person by the name of Robert Lazar who revealed such reverse engineering done at Area 51. What makes Lazar especially notable is that he seems to be the first person (as far as I know) to talk about reverse engineered ufos at Area 51.

Lazar originally made his "confession" in an interview with a Las Vegas TV reporter and described his experiences at Area 51 with the kind of of dazzling techno-babble that's hard for most people to understand. Lazar certainly seemed to have some impressive credentials, so his account must be right. Well, not all is quite what it seems, nor is Bob Lazar all he claimed to be, as revealed from additional interviews. But, hey, he was indeed an impressive talker.
Investigation of Bob Lazar's M.I.T. Claims
Bob Lazar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Public Disclosures
A lot of publically disclosed documents have been blacked over making such documents nearly impossible to read or make sense of. That only adds to the suspicion that the military and government are hiding something. Well, they are. If you think about it, why should the miltary or the government reveal everything so the entire world? Sure, it's just info about ufos and aliens that some people want to know about. But it may also be that some of that info may not necessarily have that much to do with whether or not there are aliens and ufos, but may have to do with other matters vital to keep secret as a matter of national security. That doesn't mean they're always squeaky clean as some things have been exposed. One good reason to keep silent on the subject is to keep others preoccupied in wondering about ufos and aliens. However, some governments have opened up disclosures about ufos. Some things are pretty ho-hum, and others are identified as unknown causes. Doesn't really tell you very much, does it?

Lunar Photos
No one can say there aren't some pretty odd mysterious things about the Moon, Mars, Space, and where ever else. There are. And it's all about learning more about what's out there. That's what science is about. Would you care to give some specific examples of old Lunar photos from the 60s that provide "evidence"? Evidence of what?

Encounters and Alien Abductions
1000s of people have made all kinds of claims. It doesn't mean they're all deluded nuts. Clearly most are not. But could they be mistaken? Yes, as a matter of fact, they could be. If you see something, and have no explanation as to what it is, and conclude it must be a ufo, does that make you nuts? Of course not. But it is quite possible that the uof conclusion is a mistake, because they don't know what else it could be. There are a lot of things they could be. Lest I be misunderstood, I'm not saying there are no aliens or ufos. It's possible that's what some people have seen or experienced. No one has the answers to everything. But as others have stated, the hard proof just isn't there, and more often than not, there are other more mundane explanations that have nothing to do with aliens or ufos. But ufos and aliens seem to be more special and sensational.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Still waiting for a simple answer.

WHY would NASA cover something up like this?

Mihgt as well throw in WHO ordered this.

NASA is a large organization that answers to Congress and the POTUS, not some monster brain sitting in a tub of jello somewhere.

If our g'ment couldn't keep domestic spying a secret, they sure as hell couldn't keep aliens secret.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The problem is that yes there is evidence of extraterrestrial presence but people block it out of their minds because it doesn't fit their sense of reality and they form their own explanations for what something could be. People ignore scripture in the Bible that speaks of flying metal wheels with creatures in them. People ignore accounts from people centuries ago that speak of flying silver shields in the skies.

People ignore the cave paintings I posted below. People ignore images that looks like trees on mars because if people were told it was a photograph of landscape on earth, they would say they are trees. But Mars is not suppose to have trees so we try to rationalize it into being something else. Until people have an open mind they will always be blind to the truth and live in the dark ages like the people centuries ago who thought the world was flat and later thought the planets and stars revolved around the earth.
Your photo interpretations look like really wishful thinking. I mean, a stick between two basketballs suddenly and absolutely means a pear-shaped alien head that has become the standard for alien head shapes for the past 50 years? Is that the limit of your creativity?

And those nifty Mars Rovers have not shown any tree shapes or temples so far! and no footprints.

Why would alien life forms have to be plantigrade, upright, humanoid with noses and mouths as we have them?

The problem with much of Christianity and the belief in alien intelligence visiting us is that it is all mired in the very limited creativity of the typical poorly educated human mind. Good science fiction writers get away from these hackneyed stereotypes as quickly as they can, providing descriptions of organisms that are not necessarily symetrical, do not necessarily have optical eye systems, nor noses. And why do they have to utilize acoustic sound wave communication systems within our limited range of hearing?

They are also not required to be carbon-based. For example, silicon ( a good candidate for a life base molecule) tends to align itself into more crystalline shapes, but most folks don't know that, so the "aliens that abducted me last night" always look strangely like skinny Uncle Al but always in a silver suit. but never like your mother's oversized Cubic Zirconium ring...

And why ,when they can warp space and time just to get here, do they go around building things out of dirty, heavy rock? Why not transport one of their own amazing structres, made out of tranparent aluminum, to the surface of the moon, with a "welcome earthlings" sign on it, over the forcefield doorway?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:25 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Reports differed widley before the 1950's, when the "grey man" became popular in science fiction. Now everyone sees "gray men".

Never underestimate the willing stupidity of people in large groups.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:49 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,579,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post

actually the grey men with the big almond shaped heads and big black eyes have been seen for thousands of years.........But no you simply overlook this kind of evidence. It seems that the ancients have been seeing the same beings we see today. Not a made up scifi alien from the 1950s.

notice you really can't see a nose or mouth on the ancient cave drawings. That matches descriptions of the little greys today with them barely having a nose and mouth.

prehistoric cave art showing what looks like a disc shaped object in the sky with people in it. The object seems to be picking up people and cows. UFOs just happen to be associated with cattle mutilations.

BOOK OF EZEKIEL IN THE HOLY BIBLE

"I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-- and immense cloud with flashing lighting and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures."

"In appearance their form was that of a man" (Ezekiel explains that they are creatures but they look similar to man)

"The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning" (These are the flight characteristics of UFOs)

"As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature" (UFOs are shaped like wheels)

"their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around." (port holes could have easily been mistaken for eyes from someone who had never seen an aircraft before and it just so happens that port holes are on the rims of UFOs)

Ezekiel described a UFO encounter

ALEXANDER THE GREAT- reported seeing two great glowing silver "shields" flying high in the sky and that they startled his horses.

(notice that "shield" was the term to describe them in those days. The 20th century we used the term "saucer")

AN ACCOUNT FROM 216 BC

216 B.C. Things like ships were seen in the sky over Italy... At Arpi (180 Roman miles, east of Rome, in Apulia) a round shield was seen in the sky. At Capua, the sky was all on fire, and one saw figures like ships

AN ACCOUNT FROM 99 BC

99 B.C. When C. Murius and L. Valerius were consuls, in Tarquinia, there fell in different places.... a thing like a flaming torch, and it came suddenly from the sky. Towards sunset, a round object like a globe, or round or circular shield took its path in the sky, from west to east.

A term equivalent to our "flying saucer" was actually used by the Japanese approximately 700 years before it came into use in the West. Ancient documents describe an unusual shining object seen the night of October 27, 1180, as a flying "earthenware vessel." After a while the object, which had been heading northeast from a mountain in Kii province, changed its direction and vanished below the horizon, leaving a luminous trail.

earthenware is a different name for a saucer.

12th CENTURY ACCOUNT

Here is a classical description from William of Newburgh's Chronicle of a flying saucer seen in England toward the end of the 12th century:

At Byland or Begland Abbey (the largest Cistercian abbey in England), in the North Yorkshire Riding, while the abbot and monks were in the refectorium, a flat, round, shining silvery object ("discus" is the word used in the Latin account) flew over the abbey and caused the utmost terror.

14th CENTURY

- In 1361, a flying object described as being "shaped like a drum, about twenty feet in diameter" emerged from the inland sea off western Japan

- 1387 A.D. In Novr. and Decr. of this year, a fire in the sky, like a burning and revolving wheel, or round barrel of flame, emitting fire from above, and others in the shape of a long fiery beam, were seen through a great deal of the winter, in the county of Leicester, Eng., and in Northamptonshire.

As you can see this isnt some fantasy that was invented in the 1950s. People have been seeing and describing the same thing all through human history. This is the kind of evidence I was referring to. While its not scientific proof its evidence.

Last edited by gsoboi; 08-13-2009 at 07:53 AM..

Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,617,514 times
gsoboi wrote:
Quote:
A term equivalent to our "flying saucer" was actually used by the Japanese approximately 700 years before it came into use in the West. Ancient documents describe an unusual shining object seen the night of October 27, 1180, as a flying "earthenware vessel." After a while the object, which had been heading northeast from a mountain in Kii province, changed its direction and vanished below the horizon, leaving a luminous trail.

earthenware is a different name for a saucer.
So are we talking about an ancient flying crockpot?
I can appreciate your enthusiasm and there really are some interesting bits of literature in which people described something they couldn't identify but the problem from my point of view is that we really don't have one single indisputable piece of evidence that proves that aliens have ever been active on the earth. I honestly think it would be an exciting discovery if it were proven to be true but only strong evidence would lead me to believe such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal