Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 08:48 PM

808 posts, read 662,355 times

Advertisements

Since Life begins at conception, not at birth - one just does not know the exact time of it, unless you are a rare exception of coincedences or a child of IVF. Therefore all possible statistical empirical similarities should be shifted - and almost nobody knows where ( in time frame as the child is not born exctly after 270 days of gestation)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 01:24 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
Since Life begins at conception, not at birth - one just does not know the exact time of it, unless you are a rare exception of coincedences or a child of IVF. Therefore all possible statistical empirical similarities should be shifted - and almost nobody knows where ( in time frame as the child is not born exctly after 270 days of gestation)
Someone here needs to spend more time studying astrology, doing charts on those closest to you, like friends, relatives, yourself, and you'll see clearly that the actual birth and time of birth is spot on!

So, in another way, you're saying birthday parties should be held 270 days before one's actual birth?

Old 10-11-2016, 03:45 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,222 times
There are some credits from my observations. The general traits and compatibilities are quite accurate, which I don't understand how it was studied, how did the 12 signs came about to represent them and all is indeed a mystery same as Chinese zodiac.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Someone here needs to spend more time studying astrology, doing charts on those closest to you, like friends, relatives, yourself, and you'll see clearly that the actual birth and time of birth is spot on!

Someone is past 'studying astrology ' and just have explained why this nonsense does not make ANY sense to someone - exactly because the absolute discrepancy with someones own charts, friends, relatives, etc, which actually led to the conclusion listed above

Old 10-11-2016, 07:02 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Big fat zero...I get astrology no merit at all.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:40 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Someone is past 'studying astrology ' and just have explained why this nonsense does not make ANY sense to someone - exactly because the absolute discrepancy with someones own charts, friends, relatives, etc, which actually led to the conclusion listed above
Well then, it appears like you're ready to be tested! Which kind? Multiple choice/True or False/Other?

Sample questions: What happens when you mix too much air & water in a chart? What happens when there's no Earth, Water, Air or Water in a chart? And what happens when there's too many Cardinal signs in a chart? Mars governs your sex drive, so what would sexually appeal to someone with their Mars in Taurus? Or Mars in the Air signs?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:32 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Quote:
Who says that astrology (a chart) is or should be done from the moment of conception? Where does this come from?
I see this 'argument' occasionally. Here is the problem with that idea.
There is conception, where life begins for this kind of organism. However, that life is NOT self sustaining. It cannot survive without its host. Sure a fetus is operating like the human machine on a physical level, but it is still not functioning at 100%. There is still more development required. It is not fully 'human' yet.
The fetus is still a fetus and NOT yet a person until that organism can exist and function independently.
When that fetus is born and takes its first breath and it's cord is severed, then it is an being all on its own.
That is when a chart is made for a person, when they become a person....not before.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Well then, it appears like you're ready to be tested! Which kind? Multiple choice/True or False/Other?

Sample questions: What happens when you mix too much air & water in a chart? What happens when there's no Earth, Water, Air or Water in a chart? And what happens when there's too many Cardinal signs in a chart? Mars governs your sex drive, so what would sexually appeal to someone with their Mars in Taurus? Or Mars in the Air signs?
"Yawning"

You can exercise your teacher's drive for testimg on somebody else. I do not plan to sutisfy that need

Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Who says that astrology (a chart) is or should be done from the moment of conception? Where does this come from?
I see this 'argument' occasionally. Here is the problem with that idea.
There is conception, where life begins for this kind of organism. However, that life is NOT self sustaining. It cannot survive without its host. Sure a fetus is operating like the human machine on a physical level, but it is still not functioning at 100%. There is still more development required. It is not fully 'human' yet.
The fetus is still a fetus and NOT yet a person until that organism can exist and function independently.
When that fetus is born and takes its first breath and it's cord is severed, then it is an being all on its own.
That is when a chart is made for a person, when they become a person....not before.
Sorry, but this is BS

A newborn can not survive without outside help as well, which does not mean he does not have a soul. Some preemies can not survive without an artificial 'host' for many weeks - which does not make them souless.
A person becomes a person on the moment of stable implantation. All the word manipulations about 'person", 'fetus", ' blob of cells ' et cetera - is nonsence derived from mere desire to justify the convenience of termination of a human being or murder for just that- convinience.

Not such a long time ago the same ones which now deny personhood to the human in utero were denied personhood as well. There is a proverb that the worst villain usually forms from the previous victim.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:04 PM

997 posts, read 936,291 times
There are some of us who practice astrology and others who don't believe.

In my opinion, each to his own and whatever works for you. Astrology works for me. If you don't care for it and you have no belief or interest, they why debate with someone who is a practitioner.

I have great respect for tijlover because I have read some good posts, and she has gone out of her way to answer questions for people who are seriously interested.

It seems to me that people should seek out interests that they wish to make their business, and ignore subjects that they don't.

The question was, How much validity do you give astrology...I give it a great deal of validity because I use it as a tool. Others think it is nonsense, and it is ok to say so but not to be disrespectful to those who do practice.

I don't like peanut butter and I think it should be banned from the grocery stores, but I realize that nobody died and made me God. I can say that I don't like it. I tasted it and it was yucky, so I know for myself what it tastes and smells like and I am allowed to express my opinion when asked, but I don't put down peanut butter eaters, especially those who are kind enough to share their peanut butter recipes with those who ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal