Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:12 PM

997 posts, read 928,996 times

Advertisements

People are successful using astrology to predict money matters and timing.

When is a good time to marry? You want the marriage chart to be favorable.

Everything is written in the stars but there are so many variables that prediction is difficult. Some astrologers are very skilled at that. As far as I know, you can tell when something might happen or the energy of the situation but this particular art isn't really a predictive tool in a specific way.

I am not interested in predicting the future. I don't want to know, but I can read the natal promise. Will you be a rich man, or a poor man? Are you likely to marry? What will your mate be like? What kind of job will you have? Those are basics..

When will you have a hard time? Challenges are shown but how they manifest is not known to me. I can see a problem and I can see a potential solution to the problem but that is all I can see, and that is all I am interested in knowing.

If someone has a problem that I know about, I want to see the chart so I can see the problem and the solution to the problem. If I know something about the person, then I am interested because reading the chart is reading the energy of that person. The energy of the person interacts with my own energy and want to see it.

Examining the relevant charts after an event has occurred is how you learn. After the fact, you will see what was at play. That is simply a way to better understand how astrology works.

If I did want to use Astrology for prediction, I would use Horary Astrology. That is when you erect a chart for the moment that the question is asked or received.

Astrology shows energy and potential and it is good for timing events if you want that extra edge. It definitely shows who you will get along with and who you will clash with and in what way. Energy attracts energy. There is energy that you like, and energy that you don't like. It is like the magnet that draws or repels. Being drawn to someone doesn't mean you are a match. It means you like their energy.

There is a lot of talk about 'karma' and 'fate' but what is fated is what you do. Your career is fated. Your marriage is fated and you can find many astrological connections between your chart and the chart of another, and that may affect how you feel about the person but it does not indicate 'fate'. What indicates 'fate' is 'what is so'...That is how you know.

As an astrologer, I look at the patterns that show what I know to be so. That is like Algebra. I cannot solve an equation with no known factors. Looking at a chart of someone I know nothing about, is like looking an answer with no question.

Some people don't care about Astrology and it doesn't matter to them. They are going to live their lives how they see fit and they don't need to know about what the stars say. They have other fish to fry.

The real problem about believing is that once that is established, the question is 'why' and 'how'...

Last edited by Veronicka; 11-12-2016 at 04:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 09:49 AM

93 posts, read 63,755 times
I think it's interesting, and that anything tied to nature is interesting, but I wouldn't invest any serious life decisions in it.

Old 12-15-2016, 12:31 PM

23,080 posts, read 28,804,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Big fat zero...I get astrology no merit at all.
And you probably blindly voted in the last election, knowing nothing about the candidates' astrological placements or those influencing him the most.

I find it shocking that Trump's closest advisors are all Capricorns, his 2 sons and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and add a 4th with his wife's Moon in Capricorn. Not surprising, that Trump is not grounded, doesn't have his feet on the ground, is wildly indecisive on everything, anything, and he needs, desperately, to have some grounded, earthy advisors, telling him what to do, making decisions for him.

Capricorn is the capitalist incarnate, a leader, dictatorial, Father-Knows-Best type, and these are the people who will be helping to make some crucial decisions in the White House!

And Astrology has no merit? We shall see!

Old 12-18-2016, 03:10 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,047,306 times
Well, that's interesting. ^^^^^^

Old 12-18-2016, 03:15 PM

64 posts, read 39,518 times
None.

My body is impacted much more by the energy from my cell phone than from where any given star is located relative to other stars specific to our vantage point.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueQueuedQuarks View Post
None.

My body is impacted much more by the energy from my cell phone than from where any given star is located relative to other stars specific to our vantage point.
'None' is an opinion. That is what was asked.

The cell phone comment is stated as a matter of fact, when in fact, it is opinion as well.

Your opinion is valued, but your facts, need checking.

I believe in astrology and I believe in cell phones. I am a believer.

Last edited by Veronicka; 12-19-2016 at 01:30 AM..

Old 12-19-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
'None' is an opinion. That is what was asked.

The cell phone comment is stated as a matter of fact, when in fact, it is opinion as well.

Your opinion is valued, but your facts, need checking.
ok

Proxima Centauri is the closest star
It is just over 4 light years away
It has a mass of 2.5 X 10^29 kg
*per wikipedia

My cell phone is .3 meters away
It has a mass of .136 kg

Proxima Centauri exerts 1.0367465494818 E-12 Newtons of force on me
My cell phone exerts 1.008304 E-8 Newtons of force on me
My cell phone exerts substantially more force on me
*we actually exert force on each other, of course.

Now, if we start considering other objects like my fridge, buildings, mountains, etc that astrology completely ignores it's easy to see that these items absolutely dwarf the energy that stars could possibly impart upon us.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:11 AM

This is kind of fun

My neighbor's brother is visiting.
He drove his Jeep Wrangler here.

It's parked about 120 feet from here
It weighs about 2 tons

It imparts 9.049579624031 E-9 Newtons on me.
Still, much more than the closest star.

How can astrology overlook, by absolutely ignoring, these forces?

Old 12-19-2016, 02:23 AM

Let's try a planet, Venus

It has a mass of 4.9 X 10^29 kg
It's 261 million kilometers away

It exerts a force of 4.7996564935923 E-7 Newtons on me
Now we're getting somewhere. More than my cell phone

Let's compare it to my couch

According to Google, an average couch weighs 350lbs
*https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
It's about 5 feet away from me

So, it exerts about 4.5609881305116 E-7 Newtons of force on me

Almost the same as Venus.

Why isn't the location of my couch used in astrology?

Old 12-19-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueQueuedQuarks View Post
ok

Proxima Centauri is the closest star
It is just over 4 light years away
It has a mass of 2.5 X 10^29 kg
*per wikipedia

My cell phone is .3 meters away
It has a mass of .136 kg

Proxima Centauri exerts 1.0367465494818 E-12 Newtons of force on me
My cell phone exerts 1.008304 E-8 Newtons of force on me
My cell phone exerts substantially more force on me
*we actually exert force on each other, of course.

Now, if we start considering other objects like my fridge, buildings, mountains, etc that astrology completely ignores it's easy to see that these items absolutely dwarf the energy that stars could possibly impart upon us.

I agree with you about all that, everything matters. Not just the position of the planets in the sky. That is just one thing that we can measure, and we can predict the cycles.

Everything matters including every star everywhere and every grain of sand. I don't know what the grains of sand are doing. I don't have an app on my phone that tells me that, and I don't know the rules about sand.

You are really good at figuring that stuff out and you could devise a system to work with it, if you chose to.

I don't know that your phone matters more then the planets, or exerts more energy, but it is different. The planets are big and have a predictable pattern. The cellphone is little and hasn't been around so long.

The energy is the cellphone is extremely important, but it has a different function then the planets do.

Another person has a different function then the planets do also, and a different function then the couch or the cellphone, or the refrigerator.

The question was, how much validity do you give astrology? Your answer was 'none'. That is kind of too bad, because you would be good at it if you were at all interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal