Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 11:33 AM

3,493 posts, read 3,201,954 times

Advertisements

All I know, for sure, is an inordinately large number of renal cell carcinomas occur in Libras (turns out Libra rules the kidneys), and 100% homosexual males, more than occasionally, have Mars in Scorpio (particularly, 1941, late 1946, October - November, 1948; and especially, 1952 which was a "banner year" - Mars was "stuck" in Scorpio for many months that year [Jan. 30th to August 25th]); bisexual men often have Mars in the last decanate of Libra. Oh...and all five people I know that are in the AA are Cancers...two of them with birthdays on June 30th.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 07-10-2016 at 11:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 11:48 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
All I know, for sure, is an inordinately large number of renal cell carcinomas occur in Libras (turns out Libra rules the kidneys), and 100% homosexual males, more than occasionally, have Mars in Scorpio (particularly, 1941, late 1946, October - November, 1948; and especially, 1952 which was a "banner year" - Mars was "stuck" in Scorpio for many months that year [Jan. 30th to August 25th]); bisexual men often have Mars in the last decanate of Libra. Oh...and all five people I know that are in the AA are Cancers...two of them with birthdays on June 30th.
What's the proof of all this?

Old 07-10-2016, 12:49 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,201,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
What's the proof of all this?

For me to know, and you to determine by yourself. I'm not a cowidge student required to list citations (been there, done it, done with it). Oh..and astrology is not a STEM subject requiring statistics.

Old 07-10-2016, 12:52 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
This was written by the mundane astrologer Michael Lutin in late 2006, only halfway into W's 2nd term:

Special Alert: Horoscope U.S.A. | Vanity Fair

Old 07-10-2016, 02:11 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Here's my thoughts. If astrology was worth its salt, you'd need some sort of precision. Every one born on my birthday has not followed my path, been given my gifts, not been cursed with my faults. We're all different.

Therefore in my opinion, if astrology is real, it must mean you need to know the time someone was born.

I don't know it. My birth certificate doesn't list it. My mother didn't remember it, blessed by the drugs they used to give to moms in labor.

I've read the daily horoscope...so general it could be anything. In fact, my husband brings home magazine that are a few months old, so I read the older horoscopes. Still, nothing pops out and makes me say wow! This really applies!

No...yet more generalities. So, I don't believe in astrology.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:17 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
For me to know, and you to determine by yourself. I'm not a cowidge student required to list citations (been there, done it, done with it). Oh..and astrology is not a STEM subject requiring statistics.
The title of this thread is "how much merit do you give astrology?". If the answer to my question about where you got your "facts" is that you won't give that information to us, then I have to say you've demonstrated as its "representative" that it has zero merit.

In short, like your claims, it's all made up. As every scientific study of its "merits" has demonstrated. An it harm none, believe what thou wilt

Old 07-10-2016, 03:48 PM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
How much faith do you put in astrology, and why?

Old 07-10-2016, 04:18 PM
mm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Here's my thoughts. If astrology was worth its salt, you'd need some sort of precision. Every one born on my birthday has not followed my path, been given my gifts, not been cursed with my faults. We're all different.

Therefore in my opinion, if astrology is real, it must mean you need to know the time someone was born.

I don't know it. My birth certificate doesn't list it. My mother didn't remember it, blessed by the drugs they used to give to moms in labor.

I've read the daily horoscope...so general it could be anything. In fact, my husband brings home magazine that are a few months old, so I read the older horoscopes. Still, nothing pops out and makes me say wow! This really applies!

No...yet more generalities. So, I don't believe in astrology.
Birth day? Nobody is born with the same chart. A chart is time- and location-dependent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
That's sun sign magazine material.

There's also eastern astrology, which is calculated on a 60-year lunar cycle. What are the differences between this set of phenotypes, including facial characteristics:
...Lea Fastow
...Madelaine Albright
...Monica Lewinski
...Mischa Barton

And this set?
...Katerina Witt
...Brooke Shields
...Emily Deschanel
...Grace Kelly

Answer: One set was born in a year of the Ox (Niú), the other a year of the Snake (Shé).

And even eastern astrology has rising signs.

Last edited by mm4; 07-10-2016 at 04:53 PM..

Old 07-10-2016, 04:28 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
This was written by the mundane astrologer Michael Lutin in late 2006, only halfway into W's 2nd term:

Special Alert: Horoscope U.S.A. | Vanity Fair
Interesting! Some real truths in there, including this gem:

"Uranus in Aries is going to be the 1960s all over again. The greatest time of upheaval will be between 2015 and 2019, when the square of Uranus in Aries to Pluto in Capricorn will create the seeds of revolution everywhere. Forces of repression are going to clamp down even harder on those who want to speak their minds."

Great find, mm4.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:39 PM
mm4

The Equality stuff you're seeing in the population nowadays is coming from a Pluto in Libra (scales) generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal