U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 AM

6,040 posts, read 5,495,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

and the spacecraft in this photograph is ...
(ftp://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ISD_highres_STS088_STS088-724-65_3.JPG - broken link) NOT the ISS and NOT the space shuttle.

Looks a lot like the ISS to me, dude.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 PM

4,711 posts, read 4,884,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Just keep reminding yourself that like the thread title says, all proof of UFOs and aliens is fake and you will still sleep soundly each night. It is the people who believe that there ARE aliens everywhere in our solar system who have cause not to sleep soundly, because they know what and who is really out there.
This is where we disagree. I believe that our solar system is full of life. However, it doesn't cause me to lose any sleep at night. It would take me all night to explain why I don't "fear" the alien reality so I won't. Just know that if aliens were a real threat, we would have been gone a long time ago.

In all honesty, religion is the worst thing that aliens ever did to us (and we really did it to ourselves). It really stinks that our ancient ancestors made deities out of our ancient alien visitors. I would like to see them (aliens) come down and undo that damage.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Status: ""My religion is kindness." -- The Dalai Lama" (set 19 days ago)

2,885 posts, read 2,007,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I dont believe that any proof of real UFOs has even been found.

All the so-called proof always comes down to the same 2 basic things...

#1 - you got a cool story.
A story that you might hear around a campfire.
A story where you got UFOs flying around the sky, and a government covering it up right behind them.

#2 - you got fuzzy photos.
Does not matter if it was taken with a cellphone camera or the best video camera known to mankind, it will still always be fuzzy....

Because the whole thing is just made up...
Over my rather interesting life, I have learned at least three major truths:

1. NEVER say "never".

2. ALWAYS avoid saying "always."

3. These two sentences are the only places where the use of these words is justified.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:48 AM

3,435 posts, read 940,211 times
If there are UFO's the government in covering it up because it would cause mass hysteria.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:02 PM

4,012 posts, read 4,233,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
If there are UFO's the government in covering it up because it would cause mass hysteria.
Why do you think that?

Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 PM

3,435 posts, read 940,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Why do you think that?

Its just a gut feeling. Doesn't mean I'm right.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:03 PM

443 posts, read 555,858 times
"I saw something in the sky. I don't know what it was. So, it must be a UFO."

Well, technically, whoever says that is correct based on what UFO stands for. That person was unable to identify the object that was flying through the sky.

I've also heard many people claim that aliens can't exist because it goes against what the Bible teaches. That is incorrect. The Bible has many examples of UFO's (again considering the technical definition of what UFO stands for).

Read the book of Ezekial. He is describing a close encounter with a UFO.

When Jesus ascends he is always taken "into a cloud", or "hidden behind a cloud". He is never seen going around a cloud or past one. Back then only two things existed that "flew" in the air: animals (birds, bats, etc), and clouds. So, if a first century human being only had knowledge of flying animals, and clouds, being in the sky, and he/she witness Jesus going into a spacecraft, then how would they describe it other than Him being taken "into" the cloud?

Certain Biblical characters were taken up "into" whirlwinds or chariots and transported across the sky.

Another Biblical character witnessed an object descend from "heaven" (there are three "heavens" referred to in the Bible). This character described seeing a face of a man sitting behind the controls of the object.

When the Hebrews were being led by Moses there as a pillar, or "cloud" that guided them by day, and provided light at night. What kind of cloud starts and stops like that? What kind of cloud provides light at night?

Another "cloud" was used to protect the Hebrew's from the sun during the day. Clearly this wasn't an ordinary cloud because the Hebrew's were frightened of it at first. Who would be scared of a regular cloud? And, this was one huge cloud to provide shade to all those people. Again, a "cloud" is all they knew. Only it wasn't a cloud.

The wise men brought gifts to Jesus by following a "star". The only thing is that this star moved. And, the Bible doesn't indicate that this star was in the heavens amongst the other stars. Only that it was bright enough to light the way, and it moved, or became stationary, when needed. Show me a star that can do that.

Now, let's talk about Heaven. Most people think that it's a mystical place where God resides. Only that's not what the Bible teaches. The Bible indicates that Heaven is a physical place. With doors, walls, floors, and is cubed shape. Approximately 1400 miles long, 1400 miles wide, and 1400 miles tall according to the measurements used in the Biblical description and the measurements we use today.

In other words it is one huge spacecraft of sorts. You can see it and touch it. At least we'll be able to when the time comes. When Jesus returns the Earth will be transformed and God will once again live among his people.

Now, here is my personal disclaimer. I have never seen a UFO or any type of spacecraft. But, I simply can't deny the writings of the Bible or the paintings (cave and otherwise) that were completed during the Biblical periods of the Bible that show spacecraft like objects. They must have seen SOMETHING. And, it wasn't an ordinary cloud.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:52 PM

4,711 posts, read 4,884,135 times
^^^My thoughts EXACTLY!!! Great post BTW!

Old 09-22-2010, 02:06 PM

4,012 posts, read 4,233,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1999 View Post
Now, let's talk about Heaven. Most people think that it's a mystical place where God resides. Only that's not what the Bible teaches. The Bible indicates that Heaven is a physical place. With doors, walls, floors, and is cubed shape. Approximately 1400 miles long, 1400 miles wide, and 1400 miles tall according to the measurements used in the Biblical description and the measurements we use today.

In other words it is one huge spacecraft of sorts.
So then heaven is a Borg spacecraft?

Old 09-22-2010, 02:44 PM

443 posts, read 555,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
So then heaven is a Borg spacecraft?

LOL. Dimension wise, yes.

Of course I encourage you to read about it yourself and come to your own conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.