Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

An airport in Baotou, Inner Mongolia, was forced to shut to prevent passenger jets crashing into a UFO, according to reports.

Three flights to Baotou from Shanghai and Beijing were reportedly forced to circle the airport until the UFO disappeared.

Video: UFO closes Chinese airport - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 10:48 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Hmm. No video.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:15 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
China's People's Daily Online is reporting that Hohhot Air Traffic Management Bureau instruments detected an unidentified flying object (UFO) approximately 25 miles east of Baotou, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region at 8 p.m. on September 11.

Awww geez, it's unidentified so the Chinese government closes the the airport. This makes how many times this year the Chinese have reported "something" up in the air?????

Here's a few:

Shanghai Daily is reporting that a mass UFO sighting has taken place in the Chinese city of Chongqing, less than two weeks after another UFO sighting disrupted airline travel in Hangzhou.
On July 15, multiple witnesses reported “four lantern-like objects forming a diamond shape that hovered over Chongqing’s Shaping Park for over an hour.”

China Daily (http://www1.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-07/10/content_10089831.htm - broken link) reports that Xiaoshan Airport (Hangzhou, capital of East China’s Zhejiang province) rerouted both inbound and outbound air traffic for several hours after detecting a UFO around 9 p.m. on July 7.

People's Daily Online is reporting that a UFO was visible "for at least three hours" above Haiyan County of Zhejiang Province August 31.

And on and on.... lets face it, the Chinese are paranoid

Last edited by plwhit; 10-05-2010 at 02:46 PM..

Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
And on and on.... lets face it, the Chinese are paranoid
So now the Chinese are paranoid? That is a very immature reaction.

I would say that these things SHOULD be reported and noted and if you prefer to ignore them, then that means you are sticking your head down a rabbit hole and saying "UFOs... what UFO's? I see no UFOs"

It is sensible to close the airport if there is something unknown hovering over it for a long time and disrupting the air traffic - don't you think?.

I think anyone working for the military here would get their bits chopped off if they flew their new undisclosed piece of military hardware over a public airport. No, I do not think it is a piece of Chinese military hardware, but a real ship that they have no control over.

It is natural too for a government to want to play down an incident like this which may cause some panic and civil unrest if it was found out that the authorities were not aware of it. That is why they said it was theirs. Things are very ordered and controlled in China and I just dont think it is something Chinese-made because if it was, it would not be flying over and stopping over public airports.

So, now do you still think it was an unreasonable reaction?

Old 10-05-2010, 09:29 PM

Yup, still think the same way....
Please refresh my memory as to where else in the world in the last few years an airport was shut down due to UFO's.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:32 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
No video? Well, yes there was video, but it was mostly black with some mysterious flashes so I can see why you thought there was nothing there. Sure scared me!!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM

713 posts, read 3,437,829 times
A lot of UFO stuff in the news latley

Old 10-06-2010, 01:47 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
No video? Well, yes there was video, but it was mostly black with some mysterious flashes so I can see why you thought there was nothing there. Sure scared me!!
Thanks Tek-Freek. No need to fear. Duke Nukem and Serious Sam Stone will sort 'em out. When I clicked on the link to Telegraph's page yesterday, the only thing that showed after loading was the graphic list of other Telegraph's news videos on YouTube. Must've been a glitch, no doubt caused by those sneaky UFOs. After having seen the video today though, to see what caused an airport to close... a few flashing lights and streaks? One would hope there's a little more to it than just that. They look like fireflies. Maybe Telegraph should have left the video off after all.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
So, I ask again - why would a Chinese airport be closed for over an hour if there was a valid reason for it? It has happened not just once either it has happened a couple of times over the last few years.

Yes, you can all make it a non-event, but really this is something worth taking notice of and if we do not, then we miss the signals and continue to sleep in our happy little world without aliens.

I think that any airport would be closed if there was a strange 'thing' positioned over the runway - either because the airport was dangerous to other aircraft while this strange thing was there or else the airport was waiting for official advice what to do.

What makes this event so unbelievable?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:13 AM

That's one of the things, the UFO was roughly 4Km from the runways....
And one of the other shutdowns:

Xiaoshan International airport near the eastern city of Hangzhou was shut down on July 8 because of a UFO, although officials later confirmed the object sighted above the airport had been part of a military test at a nearby airbase.

Found the above here:
Video: UFO closes Chinese airport - Telegraph

I would tend to look mostly at the military for the strange stuff in the sky.

I've thought about UFO's and aliens for many years and have always wondered why, with the Earth out on one of the spiral arms of our galaxy does it seem to be the crossroads of the Universe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal