Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I suspect that the boy's words about a show referred to the building of the balloon, not the kid floating away in it. The family probably built the aircraft for publicity and perhaps there were plans for the effort to be featured on a show. When the balloon tether broke or the boy untied it, he thought he was to blame for ruining the project and hid. I don't think any family, no matter how quirky, would ever claim that their child was adrift in a homemade contraption as a publicity stunt.
The father said that Falcon had shown the attic to some reporters earlier and he was referring to that.

I'm not a body language expert but it seemed that the family was anxious during the interview--perhaps they were exhausted it is difficult for me to say.

Lots of finger pointing and blaming within the family I'm certain.

I don't know what this family will do but it sounds like some radical lifestyle changes might be in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:28 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
I'm not surprised they were nervous. Their little project caused a great deal of upheaval around the state, and I suspect they're anxiously awaiting the repercussions.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 AM

480 posts, read 878,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I don't know what this family will do but it sounds like some radical lifestyle changes might be in order.
Absolutely. No matter final verdict--whether it was an accident or a publicity stunt--the parents are largely to blame for this entire incident. The balloon was charged with a million volts of electricity, yet the children were still allowed to play near it with no adult supervision? After they had already been caught and admonished once? And there was video of Falcon climbing into the balloon--I'm eager to see that.

Balloon Boy: 'We Did It For The Show' - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

I really feel sorry for these children, and I'm suspicious of the entire story.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:08 AM

Video of the balloon being released (by father Richard Heene):

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/33341104#33341104

Old 10-16-2009, 09:10 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
Absolutely. No matter final verdict--whether it was an accident or a publicity stunt--the parents are largely to blame for this entire incident. The balloon was charged with a million volts of electricity, yet the children were still allowed to play near it with no adult supervision? After they had already been caught and admonished once? And there was video of Falcon climbing into the balloon--I'm eager to see that.

Balloon Boy: 'We Did It For The Show' - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

I really feel sorry for these children, and I'm suspicious of the entire story.
I think I just saw that video. The father was jumping around and yelling because the balloon lifted off?

A chaotic time but I don't understand how such a complicated story was the result.

Another source reported that the Fort Collins law enforcement will interview the family again but that previous experts believed the family was truthful.

I think I also heard that the FAA or some national organization that monitors balloons/home aircrafts will review this case.

Costs were estimated at around $100,000.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 10-16-2009 at 09:28 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 09:11 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Maybe it's just me, but if my family had been through such a traumatic day, I wouldn't have them on Larry King three hours later!

Old 10-16-2009, 09:14 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Here are the Heene's in their WifeSwap appearance. The boys were given a pretty long leash it seems...

YouTube - Balloon Boy on Wife Swap 2 of 5

Granted the pyschic has a "different" family but this Heene family is just MESSED UP!!!! They allow their children to talk like THAT!?!?!!!!! The dinner table bantor and noises were just plain pathetic and the person that is SUPPOSED to act like the "father" in this household is worse than the kids. These two people may have given their DNA to have children but they do NOT know how to PARENT said children. He was going on about the other woman being a slob........ has he not looked around his own house.

I'm saying this was ALL a HOAX and this family needs to repay the money that was used that I'm sure is greatly needed so that other city/county/state services are not cut that benefit millions. If the residents in the areas that were effected notice any cuts being made to their services they need to realize how many millions were WASTED because of these lame brains and their pathetic need for attention.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Maybe it's just me, but if my family had been through such a traumatic day, I wouldn't have them on Larry King three hours later!
Then on all three morning shows the next morning, when the youngest child, who's already been through so much, is sick to the point of vomiting? The dad is a publicity junkie.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:19 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
That is why this is a hoax. I'd be EXHAUSTED and the last thing I'd want is a bunch of tv cameras in our faces. Someone earlier mentioned little Jessica. After she was rescued we didn't see her family sitting in front of every tv camera. Granted she was whisked off to the hospital and I'm sure they were there with her but even a week later they were not out in front of every camera. That is why this is flat out a HOAX!

Old 10-16-2009, 09:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
I am patiently waiting for Child Protective Services to investigate this kooky little family.

In an interview a former "storm chaser" friend said that these "responsible parents" would pull the children out of school for weeks at a time to drive around the country chasing tornados.

I'll bet our taxpayer dollars (welfare, food stamps) are funding some of the antics of these people.

Is it just me or does the wife look like Yoko Ono?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal