Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,188 times

Advertisements

I just can't go with NDE being the brain. People just don't want to accept that we are Spirits, living in human bodies, the body will die, but the spirit will continue to live on. Like a snail that leaves his shell, that is the only way I know to explain it. I have never had a NDE, but I am a nurse and I have witnessed many people die. There is a spiritual demension that is more then our human minds can grasp. If you ever touch a dead body you will note it feels like cold clay, the spirit is what gives the body life. I can't just say this is my opinion, I know in my heart this is the truth. People want to examine everything and find an answer that satisfies the mind. The spiritual realm is more then what the mind can explain or ever understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,633 times
Awesome & scary story.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:53 AM

320 posts, read 449,327 times
Default wisdom is understanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I'll admit it is an interesting topic of discussion. First I would suggest that no one has been brought back to life who was really dead so we don't have any real first hand accounts of death itself. You hear about people whose hearts have stopped beating and they do meet the criteria of what most of us would consider death but I wonder if there really is an exact moment when we're really dead. No one who is in a state of rigormortis has ever been brought back. Now that would be the real thing but we've never seen that happen.
I believe Jesus experienced this NDE and came back into his body. he said to his disciples, put your fingers in my the holes of my hands and in my side, jesus came back into his own body.

When Jesus took his time going to see lazarus I believe he was waitting for that spirit of sickness/desease to leave lazarus body and then jesus went to him and called him to come back into his body!

when the little girl died from an illness notice that again jesus never arrived till it was too late, when he does he called her back into her body.

I believe that when people experience NDE they are right there with there physical bodies and haven't gone any where! I believe Jesus knew this!

Jesus had reasons for the way he did things. What an example to follow!

Old 07-12-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I believe it..Too many people have told about it. I know some people explain it as the death of the brain..I guess that is the scientific view. I believe in science, but I aso wonder if maybe sometimes we face death before God wants us to. It is not for me to guess the actions of my God..I know his presence is very strong in my life.Perhaps near death experiences are a way of making the unbeliever a beilever?
NDE is one event that Jesus had experienced, anyone who experiences that will know exactly what jesus went through after his soul/spirit left his body and came back again. I think that we are given only 36hrs, time enough to come back into our bodies or move on into the light. If we decide to go there. If not the spirit becomes earthbound and an unclean spirit! theres no record or sence of time on the other side so hrs may only count for the physical realm.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 AM

239 posts, read 402,663 times
First, I think some people have some wild imaginations. And using a near death experience as a justification for a particular belief system is wrong, especially one that claims eternal torture because of lack of a certain belief system.

That said, I had a dream once. I was shot point blank range to the head. I died and left my body. I was then floating around my body. I tried to get back into my body but couldn't. I remember eventually in the car that I was killed in became a crime scene. I can't recall much more than that. It has been awhile since I had that dream. I wrote it down somewhere though. It is the only time I have "died" in a dream.

I know some times in dreams the stuff going on in the waking world will actually be incorporated right into the dream. Like for instance my alarm-radio goes off and bits of the radio chatter gets inserted into my dream.

Also I have had numerous flying dreams. A flying dream is 1 body away from being an out of body experience dream.

Thus I conclude an out of body experience in a near death experience isn't the result of a dying brain, but a living one put under stress that results in it inducing a dream state, which is a natural reaction to disassociate oneself from pain. Also I would like to note similar type experiences have been noted with the alien abduction stories. People have a tendency to attribute illusionary significance to natural psychological processes. Sleep is somewhat like dying. It is just when you die you don't wake up.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNobody View Post
First, I think some people have some wild imaginations. And using a near death experience as a justification for a particular belief system is wrong.
You call it wild imagination, rightfully so. I call it Wisdom and Understanding. Those without it are limited to what they no to be truth. I also don't get what you're referring to in terms of a "belief system"

Old 07-13-2009, 05:36 AM

239 posts, read 402,663 times
As far as belief system, I meant using an NDE to "prove" that your religion is the correct one, then go on to say if you don't believe in my religion you are going to hell as was stated previously by another person. Whatever an nde is or is not, people interpret their experience through their own world view and they are only guessing at what it is or could mean. Then when people read someone's "nde" experience, it is further interpreted. People have been making claims of various hard-to-believe things(aliens, religious experiences, out of body experiences, hearing voices, seeing light, lochness monsters, fairies, spirits, ghosts, demons, angels,etc.) for quite a while now. You have to admit all nde experience sound alike - I was suddenly floating outside my body, I saw a light/tunnel, I saw dead relatives, I experienced a life review, I had to make a choice whether to stay or go back to living, and when I went back into my body I missed the experience so much, and this one experience changed me forever. People with alien abductions also report similar experiences as other abductees. If you deal with death to any regular degree, a strong desire exists to want to believe they still exist in some way because it just hurts too much to believe otherwise, to admit that even maybe death might be the last chapter of the book. I wonder if in the future when robots can move around and talk like us and look like us and their artificial skin feels warm like us, when they break down and can't be repaired if we will cry over them just like the death of any other human; and think the robot's spirit has left its metallic body and entered the celestial heavens; and when someone has an nde experience whether they will meet their metallic friend on the other side. At what point does a robot become so advanced, it is considered to have its own "ghost"?

Since no adequate proof on the nde experiences has been presented, they will continue to remain in the realm of fiction. You can call it understanding, but if any real understanding actually existed it could be proven or disproven. It could also be explained why they happen and not they just happen. As it stands it is just information, and information is not the same as knowledge or understanding. If one's mind is already made up on what is and isn't, then you will fail to see what truth is before you, and that is the nature of understanding. Any good scientist investigates all possibilities, no matter how ridiculous. However even the most intelligent of scientists seem to have reached their limits as the world now is more a progression in technology than actual science. People have been sure of so many things in the past and most of these myths are all but forgotten. In the future, eventually all current religions will be regulated to the realm of myth, of fiction. I am rather certain of this. Science will replace all speculation. It is the way of the universe.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
It's interesting to note that NDE-like experiences can be induced by certain drugs, among them ketamine and Dimethyltryptamine (DMT; also a component of ayahuasca). There are also similar experiences reported by those who survive prolonged oxygen deprivation. It's a fascinating area of research; the common thread seems to be that the mind is no longer directly mapped to the "normal" sensory inputs that would usually make up one's experience of the world, or at least not in such a way that leads to a normal 'output' of that mapping.

Instead, the mind changes the normal contours of sensory information. Some of these experiences can be very positive for the individuals who undergo them.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,019,930 times
I think we could learn a lot from the NDE phenomenon. They usually seem to boil down to exceptionally similar conclusions, a distinct feeling of one-ness and love that can't be achieved in such fullness here on earth.

We like to think ourselves sophisticated and "technological" in this age yet most are still sceptical or downright cynical at the notion of a person having a spirit that can transcend the body and physical "death".

Long before science was around people knew this. We still actually know this if we are honest. Certainly even as soon as the most sceptical people lose a loved one it is always funny to here them say "oh they will be smiling down at us from heaven" or "they have gone to a better place" as if, just because someone THEY love has died, their beliefs must suddenly have changed.

Science will some day be able to explain all this I feel. It is already on its way to doing so. It is no mystery that spiritual phenomena works through the medium of "frequencies" or vibrations much in the same way that microwaves, radio waves etc... do hence being non-tangible, and if applied that way of thinking it all makes a lot more sense. The notion that there are multiple "planes" on different vibrational frequencies, for example the earth in its physical sense has a very low, dense vibration whereas higher spiritual dimensions have a much faster vibration. So everything is all around us at all times but the difference is in the vibrational frequency.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,019,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNobody View Post

Since no adequate proof on the nde experiences has been presented, they will continue to remain in the realm of fiction. You can call it understanding, but if any real understanding actually existed it could be proven or disproven. It could also be explained why they happen and not they just happen. As it stands it is just information, and information is not the same as knowledge or understanding. If one's mind is already made up on what is and isn't, then you will fail to see what truth is before you, and that is the nature of understanding. Any good scientist investigates all possibilities, no matter how ridiculous. However even the most intelligent of scientists seem to have reached their limits as the world now is more a progression in technology than actual science. People have been sure of so many things in the past and most of these myths are all but forgotten. In the future, eventually all current religions will be regulated to the realm of myth, of fiction. I am rather certain of this. Science will replace all speculation. It is the way of the universe.
How can you call something "fiction" just because it hasn't been explained yet? That is downright close minded and ridiculous. Many people are very sure of what they have experienced and the phenomena goes back thousands of years before modern science does that mean that because modern science wasnt around just then we should dismiss old age wisdom as a bunch of phooey? I certainly get the impression that people knew better about spiritual matters many years before today and when there was far more love and "civilisation" around.

And what does NDE have to do with religion? It seems a it is a large universal phenomena that even people across all religions have demonstrated to have remarkably similar "manifestations" for lack of a better word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal