Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:59 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,914,585 times

Advertisements

I listen from time to time to George's topics and guests. no other good clear AM stations out here in the rural west. (Well, except for Canadian CBC, which is oddly interesting from time to time, except they hate us Americans in general...)

George is quite the conspiracy theorist, seems to me. In particular, his support for the alien presence and mind-control stuff is "impressive". Wow! Just imagine if it's all true!

How do the rest of you see him? Just a simple guy who has found a good profitable niche with the great masses of scientifically illiterate late-night listeners? Or an honest fellow with rreally great ideas, that the government really wants to kill off?

You know, like they did when they banished Art Bell to a South Pacific island?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 09:11 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,811 times
George isn't actually very credible. there has been many instances where it has been proven that he has fabricated things. Also, once things have been proven to be a hoax, he will continue to try and use it as being fact. Does he believe most of what he talks about? yes he does, but that don't make it credible.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:30 AM

25,707 posts, read 18,784,900 times
I don't get a chance to listen to him much because I generally have to go to bed so early. But, I like his show. I consider it to be entertainment. And I like to think about these sorts of 'paranormal' things--much more interesting than the 'real world' or radio shows talking about a boring a** 401K and roth IRA, hyped news drivel, or Dr. Laura caller's traumatized sexual problems/relationships.

Do I believe the things on the George Noory's show? Not very often. But then again I didn't believe Stephen King's It (my favorite modern novel) when I read it either. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it. One does not have to be 'illiterate' to enjoy fiction. If all there was to read were non-fiction, I wouldn't bother to read.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:50 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,948,301 times
Hum a few bars and I'll try to pick it up.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:00 AM

30,895 posts, read 36,946,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I listen from time to time to George's topics and guests. no other good clear AM stations out here in the rural west. (Well, except for Canadian CBC, which is oddly interesting from time to time, except they hate us Americans in general...)

George is quite the conspiracy theorist, seems to me. In particular, his support for the alien presence and mind-control stuff is "impressive". Wow! Just imagine if it's all true!

How do the rest of you see him? Just a simple guy who has found a good profitable niche with the great masses of scientifically illiterate late-night listeners? Or an honest fellow with rreally great ideas, that the government really wants to kill off?

You know, like they did when they banished Art Bell to a South Pacific island?
I only know of his shows from youtube. I think some day we're going to find out that a good bit of what he talks about is indeed true. Certainly not all....but I do think we're all in for quite a shock in varying degrees.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:34 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,545 times
Default George Noory

I listen if the guest and topic is interesting.Have been listening for years. I do not believe in remote viewing, talking to the dead, alien abductions, etc.
I do enjoy Michio Kaku when he is on. A well respected theoretical physist and Seth Shostact from the Seti program. I think they are quite credible guests.
I like some of the conspiracy theory subjects.I like Jim Marrs.
Catherine Austin Fitts is good.
Don't like Strieber, Dames and a few others.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 4,326 times
All along I kept thinking it was the strange guests now I realize that it is George Noory who is the biggest hoaxer of them all. I stopped listening.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,346 times
I don't think he nor many of his guests, even believe what they say.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,252 times
It's a good entertainment show some of the topics are just fun to listen to but like anything else some people take this stuff as real, my poor old Mom being one of them which makes me do a lot of explaining the truth to her

Old 03-18-2011, 09:52 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
If it involves aliens, UFOs, etc. I automatically choose not to believe any of them, no matter the source, except NASA. I listen to him rarely, but I don't believe everything he says, same for Alex Jones. I keep a skeptical mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal