Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 PM

985 posts, read 2,595,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
This pic is over 25 years old, so I'm sorry for the quality of it. No such thing as digital back then.

If you're interested, just keep looking closer for the blue head. You will see her face and neck and the top of her dress and as you scan down to the bottom of the picture, you will see the folds of her dress.
I see what your talking about but, honestly, it just looks like dust that's in a very vague shape of a head. I really don't think there's anything supernatural in this particular picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 12:23 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,652,271 times
I can very clearly see the Flying Spaghetti Monster in there. Hallelujah! All hail His Noodly Goodness! Our God has given us a Holy Sign! Ramen.

http://tinyurl.com/y9c2j6r (broken link)

Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,145,619 times
There's a joker in every forum... hahaha.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:34 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,878,283 times
Quote:
This is what happens to people who don't want to believe in another world beyond this one.

Remember that old bible quote... where your treasures are, you will be also.

See why it's best to believe in something than nada?
Of course, it's not that I don't want to believe in another world beyond this one. Rather, it's that I've thought about it, looked at the paucity of any credible evidence, as well as the total lack of plausibility of the entire Christian afterlife idea. It's just wishful thinking 'far as I can determine, with no basis except a fear of death and an empty end to your existence. So WHY would I choose to believe? Because you want to scare me with that Pascal's Wager nonsense? sorry.

So, I'll turn it around: "What if YOU'RE wrong?", and you wasted countless hours in prayer and hope and devotional wishing.
__________________________________________________ _

There seem to be basically two types of hominid brains at work on this planet.

1) Those who are scientifically and rationally illiterate, and despise or fear scientific investigation, and are therefore desperately afraid of "the dreaded afterlife", (often Christian) and..

2) Those of us who approach it rationally, seek answers ,and realize that the fear-mongering, wailing "what if you're wrong" types are irretrievably stuck in their own personal scary "hell on earth". (We're usually confirmed atheists and often scientists)

There have NEVER been any credible proofs or evidence for ANY inexplicable phenomena. Where it's questionable, there's still that persistent problem of things being "unambiguous".

That word means, BTW, for your edification, that there can be "NO OTHER POSSIBLE EXPLANATION" for the observed phenom.

This is always the cold hard death of most every para-normal event. Of course, if you choose to believe all those TV shows about 2012, and Ghost Stories, and Paranormal Activity...

Paranormal Activity (2009) | Official Movie Site & Trailer

...why, they've got your number, don't they? As well as your Credit Card number, no doubt.

Enjoy your myths. Try to sleep without nightmares. For me, it's Sunday morning, my wife's in Church, and I"m having fun with my chickens, not with some ancient old book full of superstitions.

Last edited by rifleman; 11-22-2009 at 12:50 PM..

Old 11-22-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Of course, it's not that I don't want to believe in another world beyond this one. Rather, it's that I've thought about it, looked at the paucity of any credible evidence, as well as the total lack of plausibility of the entire Christian afterlife idea. It's just wishful thinking 'far as I can determine, with no basis except a fear of death and an empty end to your existence. So WHY would I choose to believe? Because you want to scare me with that Pascal's Wager nonsense? sorry.

So, I'll turn it around: "What if YOU'RE wrong?", and you wasted countless hours in prayer and hope and devotional wishing.

Enjoy your myths. Try to sleep without nightmares. For me, it's Sunday morning, my wife's in Church, and I"m having fun with my chickens, not with some ancient old book full of superstitions.
Well, if what I say is causing you fear... get that emotion out of your mind. There is nothing to fear when we actually move into the next world as the act of dying is reported as being a very pleasant experience.

But it sure is good to know what awaits us when we get there. At least I want to know everything about it. Maybe you and others don't.

Just look at it like this. When it's your time to leave this planet, the Spiritual Moving Van will be right there helping you pack.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:02 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,551,449 times
Quote:
Good one.

I read about one spirit who drowned at sea and he was treading water for centuries. He couldn't figure out why in the world this was happening or how to even go beyond and swim to shore.

How would you like to have that experience?

Plus, there are a lot of spirits who, when they were humans, liked to drink and dance and were party animals. So that's what these spirits do. And get this, say you are at a bar having one of your favorite cocktails or beer, you may have the company of several spirits right next to your bar stool getting drunk with every sip you take. Even though they literally can't touch a drop of it. And the effect on you is that you may become more intoxicated.

Other spirits who were perverts, just keep going along this path finding victims to harass.

Having a clue about the next life is really important... even if you don't believe it exists. Because as you go through the transition from physical death to spiritual life, it's really pain free and easy, but where your first "home" will be depends on your belief system. And keep in mind, that your first home in the next world will not be your last. It is only the starting point.
What have you been smoking?

70 years ago older folks used to tell "ghost stories" to scare us kids. It was a joke and everyone laughed about it. Ghosts indeed!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:45 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,470,104 times
Quote:
The smudge is my daughter's handprint on a mirror. This is the image that I was taking a picture of. After the film was developed, I saw on the pic the woman spirit standing in the doorway directly across from the mirror.
See an issue is the mind tends to see human shapes in random patterns. I'm not saying it 100% can't be some kind of apparition, but to be honest I don't really see anything more likely to be a woman than a light pattern through leaves is likely to be a woman.

Did this spirit tell you anything significant? For example I staunchly don't believe in reincarnation but that kid who reportedly described World War II aircraft details was a bit spooky. So if a ghost say told you something you couldn't have known on your own or if you later saw this woman in an old photograph someone unearth than that's something. Not enough to make me believe in ghosts, but a sign of something interesting.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
What have you been smoking?

70 years ago older folks used to tell "ghost stories" to scare us kids. It was a joke and everyone laughed about it. Ghosts indeed!
When you become one, you will then know what I'm talking about.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
See an issue is the mind tends to see human shapes in random patterns. I'm not saying it 100% can't be some kind of apparition, but to be honest I don't really see anything more likely to be a woman than a light pattern through leaves is likely to be a woman.

Did this spirit tell you anything significant? For example I staunchly don't believe in reincarnation but that kid who reportedly described World War II aircraft details was a bit spooky. So if a ghost say told you something you couldn't have known on your own or if you later saw this woman in an old photograph someone unearth than that's something. Not enough to make me believe in ghosts, but a sign of something interesting.
This spirit told me that she was in my house, which at the time I lived there was built about 40 years before. I didn't recognize this woman as any of my deceased relatives.

I staunchly don't believe in reincarnation either. Spirits do not reincarnate as it is an impossibility.

However, as I said before, depending on their awareness that they are actually "deceased" and have left their physical bodies, they hang around earth until they get an awakening.

Spirits have the exact same form as we do, arms, legs, body, head, hair, teeth. And they were all at one time "us" and we will be in their shoes once we leave this physical world.

So this is why I say we don't die, we just move to another location, the spirit world, to continue our journey.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:00 AM

10 posts, read 17,028 times
i asked my pastor if ghost were real. he said no. they are demons and they are way smarter than human kind and they "haunt" us so we will be curious about them and want to seek more about them. which later will open up a door to them into our lives (like a wigi board) and they can cause truama and some bad stuff. then i asked a pentecostal pastor and he said the same thing. they are demons. (btw, i asked a baptist pastor first) but only ur own opinion matters i guess. and they both said demons come as they go here on earth. so they dont sit around in an empty building twiddling their thumbs :L .. this is just a question i had and asked 2 ppl who are really close to God and i was pretty sure they would't bs me ya know..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal