U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 01:19 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,078,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Has anyone had weird experiences while using one or after?
Yeah we played innocently enough as kids (my stepmother was/is a closet witch of some sorts and had her own board) and I think it predicted correctly the number of husbands I would have and the first ones initials and silly stuff like that. I remember we got spooked when playing, though I can't remember exactly why. It was fun at the time. Sure I've had weird experiences since, but 35 some odd years later I don't know that any of them were connected to Ouija.

My kids never seemed in the know about the game and I don't think they've ever played, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 12-22-2009 at 01:30 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 09:09 AM

2,008 posts, read 6,321,437 times
The first time I used one 1977, it said a friends name and "death" then "crossroads". That next weekend a buddy was killed at a crossroad in Arizona. He was shot off his motorcycle and died there.
The second time I was just watching some other people playing with one, It spelled my full name,then another name I new then "death near help her" She died a few days later. Her death was ruled suicide. I know she would ever do it this way, she had some very positive things in her life going on and just wouldn't do this.
I can sometimes tell if I am visiting in a house, if someone has one in there somewhere's. I will ask if the feeling is very strong if they have one. I don't/won't use one, just to many things bad I guess.
I was recently in a home and couldn't shake the feeling. When I asked about having one the person said yes and they were getting rid of it. They never would say more. Ha,ha so this got me to wondering.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:32 AM

111 posts, read 241,504 times
Our 6th grade class room had one of those, believe it or not. My best friend and I played it and for a long time it wouldn't do anything. Then I asked it if I was going to be eaten by a shark (something an 11 year old would ask) and it went to "no". My friend said he didn't move it - who knows - but that's the only time I used one and I would not do it again. But what amazes me is that there was a ouija board in a school classroom in the first place.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 AM

10,936 posts, read 12,325,012 times
Go ahead. It's nothing but a toy, but it definitely plays on the weak minds of the gullible.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:49 AM

16,081 posts, read 25,586,695 times
Got one as a Christmas present when I was a kid, alot of kids had them back then.
I remember thinking, this is about the stupidest thing I ever put my hands on.
You ask a board some silly question and get an answer

It never made sense to me why they were feared.

BTW, I do believe in the spirit life and ghosts.

http://www.allabouttheoccult.org/ouija-board.htm

Last edited by virgode; 12-28-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,448,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Go ahead. It's nothing but a toy, but it definitely plays on the weak minds of the gullible.

not the gullible--only FOOLS that think they can control the spiritual realm would use it and to those that did and nothing happened they should thank god

Old 12-29-2009, 02:11 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,675,862 times
My Mother used to use one...by herself...for long periods of time. She was quite entertained by it apparently. She'd spend hours with it sometimes.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:59 AM

4,530 posts, read 4,023,002 times
Quote:
Go ahead. It's nothing but a toy, but it definitely plays on the weak minds of the gullible
I do not normally make comments like this, but I have to say that a post like this both pointless (as it does not add anything to the thread) and possibly dangerous. If you think that a ouija board it is a toy then you probably think a loaded gun is a toy too. Enough said.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:06 PM

6,382 posts, read 7,508,670 times
I've used them on a few occasions; though I've never had any reason to believe that it wasn't me or my friends pushing it, or random movements. A lot of the time answers were things like "G...L....F....(empty space)....yes...H...O."

I remember one time it seemed like it was ging to tell us to use the F word, like as a rude answer to "how are you feeling?" or something. Though I remember anticipating the "U" right after the "F," So i'm not entirely convinced it wasn't just my subconcious or my friends.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:35 PM

37,418 posts, read 46,284,850 times
I was interested in them as a kid, and my siblings and I got one, and we'd play with it, and it never did anything, whatsoever...be it subconscious stuff, spiritual communication, or just other kids screwing around...nothing happened, at all. I remember being pretty disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal