Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Just finished reading this entire thread....wow...i think one my childhood friends had one but nothing ever happened...and i forgot anything from that time...

Post #126 lists the URL for the online board so I went there and asked what was my husbands name...response was "LEAVE ME NOW".
Closed the browser and don't know what to think...
Uh-Oh. I asked it when I would die, and it said "FALL". I don't know if it means I'll die from a fall, (I am pretty clumsy) or I will die in the Fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
The online ouija is supposed to be 'sarcastic'. It's responses are as canned and a reply from a letter to a politician.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:35 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
I can sometimes tell if I am visiting in a house, if someone has one in there somewhere's. I will ask if the feeling is very strong if they have one. I don't/won't use one, just to many things bad I guess.
I was recently in a home and couldn't shake the feeling. When I asked about having one the person said yes and they were getting rid of it. They never would say more. Ha,ha so this got me to wondering.
You could totally tell mine, that's for damn sure, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It seems that most of the secret societies had their own packs designed, so you the have Golden Dawn pack etc.
It's funny that you mentioned the GD deck, that's the one I own, or rather they own me, lol. I just found them again last night, under the kitchen sink. Crazy cards, "hide" every so often, and I don't see them again for a few months, then POOF they show up in wild and weird places. I once lost them about 2 weeks before a move back home (KY) from Ft. Lewis, and they showed up in the glove compartment of the rental truck almost halfway home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i can relate to the above-----the feeling is beyond description-----makes me wonder about those foolish ghost hunters that want to "provoke entities"--apparently they have never encountered a real negative entity
Some of us like the "rush" that being annoying to spirits gives you. It's an adreneline high. Also, just because you have had some sort of bad experiences, does NOT mean all of us are foolish. My group and I take all precautions before doing anything considered "foolish".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Although I agree with you it is not a toy, it is also not dangerous... no more so than any tool you use, whether it be a tool for building a house, or communicating with your higher self or other spirits.

The Ouija board is NOT dangerous and doesn't not have the ability to bring about negative energies just because you use it. Mostly, the only thing it does is give people a good way of scaring others.

I've used all sorts of "spirit boards" for a very long time and have not had one bad/negative experience. Just like I've used Tarot cards, runes, and other divination tools without any bad/negative experiences. The Ouija board is no different.
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
For example, it is rumoured that the Vatican has a vast library of books which are being withheld due to the information being too detailed and if opened to the general public, would destroy the control base of the Catholic church.
Oh, I would almost guarentee it's true. I don't doubt that is EXACTLY what the "Holy Mother Church" would do. They are the ones that brought us the Witches Hammer, as well as The Crusades, and lest us not forget the Inquisition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
A year later we moved. A neighbor kid wanted to buy the Ouija Board in the garage sale before we left. He showed up trying to give me a silver certificate to pay for it. A less honest person would have taken the certificate, but I figured he may have stolen it from his grandma ro something so I told him to go back and get me a regular dollar instead. He never returned.
I threw it away when we left
Should have taken his "silver sheckle" for it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa71 View Post
What happens if you put a bible on an ouija board?
Nothing most times, but then again there was that one time....something about "kill cats''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehiesl View Post
And in this case, there are various rituals one can use to avoid contacting certain types of spirits, etc. according to your own religious beliefs (i.e. lighting white candles, incantations). I would be curious if anyone here has tried these rituals to narrow the options down to "good" spirits, or even to a certain spirit in order to avoid certain repurcussions, and whether these things worked for them or not? Again, in this case, I'll assume that anyone using the board actually plans to contact spirits and thus the act of lighting candles and incanting bible verses isn't too woo-woo for them...
Yup!

And yes, I have used them, and yes they work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
At which point, the board holds residual energy. Its an invitation. Personally, I'm not inviting what I don't fully understand in, with or without a Ouiji board.
Which is why a board that you make yourself is better than that crap they sell at the stores, and it should be cleansed and purified after each use.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:49 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Which is why a board that you make yourself is better than that crap they sell at the stores, and it should be cleansed and purified after each use.
Soap and hot water or is there a special cleaning fluid?

Old 05-14-2012, 01:07 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
You could totally tell mine, that's for damn sure, lol!

It's funny that you mentioned the GD deck, that's the one I own, or rather they own me, lol. I just found them again last night, under the kitchen sink. Crazy cards, "hide" every so often, and I don't see them again for a few months, then POOF they show up in wild and weird places. I once lost them about 2 weeks before a move back home (KY) from Ft. Lewis, and they showed up in the glove compartment of the rental truck almost halfway home!

Some of us like the "rush" that being annoying to spirits gives you. It's an adreneline high. Also, just because you have had some sort of bad experiences, does NOT mean all of us are foolish. My group and I take all precautions before doing anything considered "foolish".

Well said!

Oh, I would almost guarentee it's true. I don't doubt that is EXACTLY what the "Holy Mother Church" would do. They are the ones that brought us the Witches Hammer, as well as The Crusades, and lest us not forget the Inquisition.

Should have taken his "silver sheckle" for it....

Nothing most times, but then again there was that one time....something about "kill cats''.

Yup!

And yes, I have used them, and yes they work.

my only comment is overconfidence is dangerous--having seen an evil entity and how it controlled the people in the home where it was located was enough for me----they provoked it at times--the mother thought her rituals and etc would control things----they did not---my first and only visit to this house it told me what it could and would do---i believed it and never went back but heard about all the negative things that were heaped upon those living in the home

Old 05-14-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Soap and hot water or is there a special cleaning fluid?
ROFL, I thought you guys would know what I meant.

More like ritual purifications, salts, herbs, oils, etc...

Quote:
my only comment is overconfidence is dangerous--having seen an evil entity and how it controlled the people in the home where it was located was enough for me----they provoked it at times--the mother thought her rituals and etc would control things----they did not---my first and only visit to this house it told me what it could and would do---i believed it and never went back but heard about all the negative things that were heaped upon those living in the home
Who said anything about overconfidence? I know that when I put myself in contact with something that could be messy, it's dangerous; but no more so that anything else us humans do on a daily basis.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:14 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
ROFL, I thought you guys would know what I meant.

More like ritual purifications, salts, herbs, oils, etc...

Who said anything about overconfidence? I know that when I put myself in contact with something that could be messy, it's dangerous; but no more so that anything else us humans do on a daily basis.
have you seen what can happen when things get disasterously out of control? i have and the results last a very long time and in one instance was dreadfully permanent resulting in the loss of someone's future---very sad

Old 05-14-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
have you seen what can happen when things get disasterously out of control? i have and the results last a very long time and in one instance was dreadfully permanent resulting in the loss of someone's future---very sad
Yes I have.

I have seen COUNTLESS possessions, countless "poltergeists", countless vengeful spirits, and once was present for a daemon summoning. Been there with 2 other people when a dear friend was chased and eventually possessed by a some serious BAD mojo, and only me and one other person were there to fix the problem. Yeah it sucked, yeah it was almost impossible, but yeah we handled it.

Moderator cut: language, to put it bluntly happens.

Coming into contact with the paranormal/spirits/unexplained phenonomon/whatever you want to call it is no more risky than driving your car, or living in a decent neighbourhood next to a bad one, or eating something at a resturant that could give you ecoli.

Humans die, that's a fact of life.

When people learn to accept that fact and embrace it, then the possibilities for truely living are finally possible.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-15-2012 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language

Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Yes I have.

I have seen COUNTLESS possessions, countless "poltergeists", countless vengeful spirits, and once was present for a daemon summoning. Been there with 2 other people when a dear friend was chased and eventually possessed by a some serious BAD mojo, and only me and one other person were there to fix the problem. Yeah it sucked, yeah it was almost impossible, but yeah we handled it.

Moderator cut: language, to put it bluntly happens.

Coming into contact with the paranormal/spirits/unexplained phenonomon/whatever you want to call it is no more risky than driving your car, or living in a decent neighbourhood next to a bad one, or eating something at a resturant that could give you ecoli.

Humans die, that's a fact of life.

When people learn to accept that fact and embrace it, then the possibilities for truely living are finally possible.
Why would you want to take place in something like that?

Just wondering ...

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 05-15-2012 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 05-15-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Why would you want to take place in something like that?

Just wondering ...
Why does anyone want to do/see something wierd/dangerous/unusual?

For the chance of seeing/doing it.

Make no mistake, I was not an active part, I was a bystander, but it was pretty darn remarkable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal