Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:34 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Why does anyone want to do/see something wierd/dangerous/unusual?

For the chance of seeing/doing it.

Make no mistake, I was not an active part, I was a bystander, but it was pretty darn remarkable.
I would be too scared to even be a bystander in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 02:00 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times
when I was in College and frequenting all sorts of New Age Experiences, I would be taken by a neighbor to a house across town where a former Christian science minister and his wife would offer a weekly metaphysical/psychic meeting. There would be a lecture by him in something metaphysical a question and answer sharing session and it would ALWAYS end with the wife and and another willing partner setting up the OUIJA board to contact "****" or "Pune" The guardian spirit of the group.
Now "****" was always talking to her through the board, and she interpreted what **** said but the oracle moved so fast that I wonder how she could get the message spelled outALDO I started to wonder about a few things
Once, mid February on Washingtons B-Day, **** said that Geo Washington was present and someone asked if he really chopped down the cherry tree and he said YES
There were other things that did not add up, but the people were not taking up money or charging admission or requiring anyone to be a member or pay anything into what they were doing so it seemed harmless enough.
Odd that the Ouija board only worked when the minister's wife was operating it.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
When I was a kid I discovered one my Mother kept in a closet. I must have been around 7 years old when I found it. Nothing strange ever happened when I used it, but when my mother found me playing with it she told me not to touch it, and that it was nothing to play with. I would ignore her and take it out and play with it. She finally threw it away, in the garbage. A couple weeks later I found it in a closet. She thought I fished it out of the trash. She snapped the board in half and threw it in the garbage once and for all.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,674 times
No , I remember using on with a male (i am female) friend of mine when I was young. He was the only person (until then) I could get it to move with. It wasn't accurate. Dumb stuff like how many days until a certain guy calls me. It said 2 , and it was 5 or vice versa. Recently , a girlfriend and I tried on a spirit board. Im not sure if she was moving it or not , to be honest. It was being pulled. I think we asked the name of my future husband , the letter of his first name. It said C. Ill have to let you know , don't know a C off the top of my head. Also asked another ? That in hindsight , can't have had an accurate answer. I don't know that my friend got anything useful either. But I will try again.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:45 AM

734 posts, read 1,081,466 times
Interesting thread!!

Old 08-05-2014, 01:44 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
When I was a kid I discovered one my Mother kept in a closet. I must have been around 7 years old when I found it. Nothing strange ever happened when I used it, but when my mother found me playing with it she told me not to touch it, and that it was nothing to play with. I would ignore her and take it out and play with it. She finally threw it away, in the garbage. A couple weeks later I found it in a closet. She thought I fished it out of the trash. She snapped the board in half and threw it in the garbage once and for all.

Mine "came back" also.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:47 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
I used one a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Two separate times.

First time: I was living with my dad & he had one. I would visit my mother on the weekends and brought the board with me. My mother & I would use it. One time it was going REALLY fast from O to Z back & forth. I looked at my mother and asked her if she was doing that. She said no. Then she asked me if I was doing that. Of course I said no. To this day neither one of us understood what it meant. During the week, there were a few times when I would use it by myself-when I was alone in the house. Nothing really happened. The funny thing was, when my dad passed away a few years ago-guess who got his Ouija board. I will probably put it up on eBay.

Second time: I was working summer stock at a local theatre. Someone had a Ouija board and brought in. Most of us where intrigued with it and we took turns using it. We even try to conjure the spirit of Judy Garland. The one time when it totally freaked me out was the time when I wasn't even touching the board but I was asking the questions. I was trying to conjure the spirit of my grandfather. I asked what my grandfather's name was and it went totally spastic. I then asked if it was because my mother was adopted. It answered yes. Now here is the kicker. I asked it what my mother's REAL name was. I knew the answer but the two people who were working the board did not. And the board spelled out the name-and yes, it was correct. I totally freaked. There was no way those two people could have known that. I think that might have been the last time I used one.

Cat

Old 08-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
We used to play with one when I was young. Me, my brother and mother. To me it seemed as if it really worked but to this day I am not sure if it was my mom pushing it.

It does have an interesting history. It was invented in 1890.

Ouija - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-05-2014, 02:16 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
I haven't touched a Ouija board game in many yrs. I don't plan to anytime soon.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:43 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
We used to play with one when I was young. Me, my brother and mother. To me it seemed as if it really worked but to this day I am not sure if it was my mom pushing it.

It does have an interesting history. It was invented in 1890.

Ouija - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It was not invented in 1890, that's when it was produced commercially.
The first known spirit board in America was in 1886. There is some debate as to where the idea came from, a board with letters, but it was during the mid 1800's that 'talking to spirits' became a form of entertainment.
This is what fueled the creation of it, or possibly the revised (English/modern) version. As I said, there is some debate. Some say that there have been talking spirit boards since ancient times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal