U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:04 PM

8,582 posts, read 14,410,311 times

Advertisements

With or without the board I think it is not smart
to conjure up spirits. Evil exist, and I sure don't
want to invite it into my house.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 PM

4,522 posts, read 4,013,281 times
Quote:
I wouldn't dissuade anyone form using one but be respectful and responsible and be aware of exactly what you are doing.
Respectful and responsible I agree with, but where is the training for people to be aware how to use one?

I think the previous post says it all - about how their little sister started hearing voices away from the board. It seems that there are certain people who are naturally able to tune in to the other side and with a little push which is what using the board did, they were able to bridge the gap. Thats fine if you are old enough to make your own decisions as an adult, but when you are a kid, it is highly dangerous to be open to these kind of influences when you do not know who or what you are talking to.

If the original poster wants to mess with these kind of things, they really need to ask themselves why. Yes, there are people who play with fire, walking on hot coals, and jumping through burning hoops and all kinds of things, but they probably learn what to do and what not to do to remain safe so that they live to do it again. Thats their choice, and it is the OPs choice whether to play with this or not.

I cannot even recommend a way to learn how to do it safely either. As far as I know, there is no-one teaching this kind of thing except perhaps some modern-day alchemist-type person and where do you find these? Some spiritualists may use them, but I suspect that they too should and probably know better.

If you want to learn about the other side and this energy kind of stuff, I would get pendulum training. You would be surprised at what doors it opens and ultimately it is your own body that is learning how to tap into the universal pool of energy and you can find out anything you want as long as it is within the 'terms and conditions of use'. With increased knowledge comes increased responsibility, and the universe has a way of slapping you if you misbehave.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,445,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Respectful and responsible I agree with, but where is the training for people to be aware how to use one?

I think the previous post says it all - about how their little sister started hearing voices away from the board. It seems that there are certain people who are naturally able to tune in to the other side and with a little push which is what using the board did, they were able to bridge the gap. Thats fine if you are old enough to make your own decisions as an adult, but when you are a kid, it is highly dangerous to be open to these kind of influences when you do not know who or what you are talking to.

If the original poster wants to mess with these kind of things, they really need to ask themselves why. Yes, there are people who play with fire, walking on hot coals, and jumping through burning hoops and all kinds of things, but they probably learn what to do and what not to do to remain safe so that they live to do it again. Thats their choice, and it is the OPs choice whether to play with this or not.

I cannot even recommend a way to learn how to do it safely either. As far as I know, there is no-one teaching this kind of thing except perhaps some modern-day alchemist-type person and where do you find these? Some spiritualists may use them, but I suspect that they too should and probably know better.

If you want to learn about the other side and this energy kind of stuff, I would get pendulum training. You would be surprised at what doors it opens and ultimately it is your own body that is learning how to tap into the universal pool of energy and you can find out anything you want as long as it is within the 'terms and conditions of use'. With increased knowledge comes increased responsibility, and the universe has a way of slapping you if you misbehave.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 PM

19,895 posts, read 16,805,010 times
If your going to play with one, just be prepared for what may come! I won't get into details, because of the non believers, they will logic it away. But there is repercusions, to this behavior, and i would suggest, unless, you don't care who it is you tap into, then ok. All i will say is that if you are not intuned to what you tap into, you may be surprised what doors this leads to, and for some more then others. Some do have more knowledge and experience with this behavior. It is an added responsibility, because you don't know exactly what your consequences will be. If this is your kind of thing great, i will never use one ever ever again, actually i was with some people who were using one, and never again, things do have a way of following you. I do know some who Channel energy, and be prepared for experiences, you could not imagine.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:39 AM

16,081 posts, read 25,574,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

The "terms and conditions" are the key here.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:53 AM

1,785 posts, read 3,172,439 times
I'm with you California-Jewel. I remember when the movie the Exorcist made it to our small movie theatre (about '76). The Catholic church had banned the movie, but of course, being teen-age girls, the forbidden was THE thing! There was a nun at school who knew (they ALWAYS knew when we were up to something!) we had been to the movie. We opened up and admitted that we were scared that something like that could happen to us. That poor girl never did anything to invite that. The nun's answer was that she DID. If you remember in the beginning of the movie, she was playing with the ouija board. We were told that this was a portal for spirits (both good and bad) to make their way into the physical world. Spooked me. I remember that conversation clearly from 30 years ago. I never went near a ouija board since!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:03 PM

628 posts, read 1,882,198 times
my friends and I dabbled in the occult when we were in high school (too much watching 'The Craft')--anyways we took a solid piece of wood--used a wood burner tool--created the board, made the eye out of fimo and a marble and then consecrated it with our blood. I did ask questions while not touching the board that were answered correctly and were unknown by the other sisters using the board--it was enough to make me believe something real was happening.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,498,123 times
We had one briefly as kids, and I never used one. I was in the room once when my siblings used one. I don't relly remember the details, but we got rid of it soon after, and I remember my mother telling us it wasn't a toy.
I remember in junior high my friends and I rented a movie called Witch Board or something, in which a woman plays with a Ouija board and speaks with a bored/malicious spirit pretending to be nice just to mess with her or something. I pretty much decided after that movie never to even touch one.
We sell them at work and they seem to sell really well, which is something I've always been mildly annoyed by.

I don't even like the idea of tarot cards, to be honest, which might be surprising coming from someone like me who was raised in a household heavily influenced by Wicca.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:45 PM

4,522 posts, read 4,013,281 times
Tarot cards are full of symbology and are hints and reminders as to their meaning when interpreting them. Some of the decks are pretty weird and spooky but others like the Rider-Waite(?) pack is fairly straightforward. I used to like that pack as it was clear and did not frighten people too much when they got the death card in thier spread (which only means a major change in life, not necessarily death). It seems that most of the secret societies had their own packs designed, so you the have Golden Dawn pack etc.

I do not think you can ever stop people being curious and some just like to be scared. Put the two together and it is a recipe for disaster but as I said, big girls and boys are allowed to make their own decisions and choices and must accept the consequences of their actions. It gives them a thrill which may be lacking in their life. Rather like bungee-jumping perhaps, it gets the adrenalin going.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 PM

3,733 posts, read 6,954,556 times
I've read and heard numerous stories, both fascinating or horrifying, about Ouija Board experiences. I've never played with one myself. I've always been curious to, just to see what if anything would happen for me if I did, but think I don't want to take the chance to open any dark doors. I've had experiences with the paranormal in the past. A couple that actually saved my life, but also some scary ones!

If I ever did try one of these out, it would most definitely not be at home. More likely in an open field or parking lot easy to run away from if need be. There would also be a circle of salt and a prayer for no evil involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal