Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:04 PM

18 posts, read 36,476 times

Advertisements

There are many details about astrology in Islam

Mohammed peace be upon him said: “Allaah created these stars

for three purposes: to adorn the heavens, to stone the devils and as signs

by which to navigate. Whoever seeks anything else in them is mistaken

and does not benefit from them, and he is wasting his time and effort in

seeking something of which he has no knowledge.” (Saheeh al-Bukhaari,

Baab fi’l-Nujoom, 2/240)

The study of the stars is divided into two kinds:

1- Study of the influence of the stars (astrology)

2- Study of the positions and movements of the stars (astronomy)

Study of the influence of the stars (astrology) is divided into three
categories:

1 – The belief that these stars have a real influence in the sense that

they create events and evil. This is major shirk (shirk akbar), because whoever claims that there is another creator alongside Allaah is a mushrik in the sense of major shirk, for he is regarding a created thing that is subjugated as a creator which subjugates.
2 – Making this a reason to claim to have knowledge of the unseen, so from the movements and changes in the stars he deduces that such and such will happen because such and such has happened to such and such a star. For example, he may say that one person’s life will be miserable because he was born under this star, and that another person’s life will be happy because he was born under that star. This person is taking knowledge of the stars as a means to claim that he has knowledge of the unseen, and claiming to have knowledge of the unseen is kufr (disbelief) which puts one beyond the pale of Islam, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

Say: None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghayb (Unseen) except Allaah”[al-Naml 29:65]

by Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 03:26 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Hire a virgo and treat them well, you'll never be sorry
Virgo here agrees My employers never complain until I announce I'll be leaving- that Pisces Rising kickin in pulling me off to some distant place with Aries moon impulsivity.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:28 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
20yrsinBranson wrote:

Ok, you've probably read a great many of my posts, would you like to guess what my sign is?
Why would I want to take a guess about a more insignificant part of you, your sun sign?

You Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars and Rising sign would tell me more.

Jack Mccullough states he'd never work for someone who'd be stupid enough to hire him based on the contents of his birthdate. Jack doesn't realize that those investigations are done very secretively, and early successes in his career or anyone's career, could be attributed to astrology.

Just keep your birthdate hidden from any new suitor. They could quickly discover your weak points and take you on a nice, bumpy ride.

In India, there's no "blind-dating". In this country, some couples are still blind-dating right up to their 50th wedding anniversaries. Look at the personal columns in India: Please send your astrological chart for consideration. Don't even bother to reply, if you don't have your chart.

The divorce rate is 50% in this country. Putting an end to all this "blind-dating" might help the statistics improve a little, using some astrology to better match people up. The divorce attorney's would hate that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal