Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 05:10 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I really feel bad for people who hear this constantly!!!!!!!!

I know right? Which is why you and Ocupaul should join together and find out what is causing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 02:04 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Anyone heard this near or east of Denver?
The Hum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
RP
I hear it all the time where I am at, usually during the Spring and Summer. I had never heard it before until I moved to my current location.

The first time I heard it it was so loud it sounded like a large electromagnet hovering over my house (I live way out in the country... the closest house to me is over a 1/4 mile away).

My wife has heard it as well.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:47 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times
Solved.
It's caused from the ocean waves along our coasts causing a harmonic vibration.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:58 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Solved.
It's caused from the ocean waves along our coasts causing a harmonic vibration.
j How would that explain people hearing it in the middle of the desert, 1000 miles away from any ocean? Or around Denver?

Old 06-16-2016, 02:29 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
When I was a kid, we lived a few blocks from the Mississippi River and there was a train yard on the other side of the river. Most of the time, I heard the trains moving in the yard at night as a distance sound (we didn't have air conditioning which in those days was a thing for the rich, so my bedroom window was open most of the summer) -- but when atmospheric conditions were right, it sounded like the trains were just down the street. When the conditions changed, it would sound like the train sounds were retreating into the distance.

That could be part of the story. A few months back, there was a grinding metallic noise reported somewhere, and people at the time pointed out that it could be some piece of equipment kicking on in the middle of the night on a timer. There was a motorcycle repair shop several blocks away, and some other machining shop in another direction. This was in a town that was a *lot* smaller than Denver.

A couple of videos I've found on Youtube featured the sounds of the tripods from the remake of War of the Worlds as a soundtrack, so there's also fraud unfortunately. I seem to recall odd coastal sounds sometimes being explainable by the sounds made by certain fish during mating season.

So there are a number of possible explanations for these things, none of them paranormal.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:59 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,479,051 times
Evidently, this is a world-wide phenomena.

Are the sky trumpets people have been reporting signs of the end times?

Old 06-16-2016, 04:33 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Evidently, this is a world-wide phenomena.
Make your own weird sky trumpet video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVpwsPznnTM#t=15

As many others have pointed out, the "trumpet" sounds are suspiciously similar to the sounds in the movies Red State and War of the Worlds.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:44 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,079 times
Perhaps from computer, cables, cell phone towers?

Old 06-16-2016, 08:36 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Maybe it is something like hearing ghost voices. Some people do and some people dont.

Can we say that these are a definite outside phenomena ? Some people report they and others can hear the local hum and some people say that only certain people can hear it. That makes it very difficult to pin down and maybe caused by totally different things in different parts of the country. We may have multiple causes some of which are paranormal and some of which are perfectly normal.

It would be a start to have weather conditions, wind, humidity, location, etc data for each one.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
I clicked on the link and couldn't believe only 2% could hear these sounds since they're so loud.

Then I clicked on the second video in Taos and couldn't hear anything. I guess I'm losing some hearing. How depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal