Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 10:10 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,112,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I'm not dismissing your comments, it just seems incongruous to me. It's a bit silly of a spirit to go around opening and closing cabinet doors, turning lights on and off, etc. Sounds like a kid fascinated by simple activities. My kids used to do this all the time when they were 3-4 years old (before there were cabinet locks).

Spirits that do that need to get a life! LOL
Perhaps it is the only way they can get the attention of people who are otherwise oblivious. Maybe the subtle things aren't working. i.e. "Hey stupid, you got a ghost - see??? "wham, the cabinet door slams"

She also said that things would go "missing". She took off a necklace once and put it on her dresser. When she went to put it on, it was gone. She found it a couple of weeks later when she was dusting the TOP of her bathroom cabinets. She had to get a ladder to reach it. Good thing it wasn't me because as frequently as I dust, it would have been missing a long, long time (maybe forever).

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 10:26 AM

897 posts, read 1,590,851 times
The OP was suffering from sleep paralysis. Used to happen to me all the time as a child and it happened less and less as an adult though I do still get migraines.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

The reason why so many people have reported the same thing is because it is a common occurence. The "apparition" does vary though as some people see the shape of a man while others see the shape of a woman. There are even those who claim that they have been abducted by "grays" since the shape they saw during sleep paralysis coincides with the shapes of these small "aliens". It is scary but, as usual, there is a rational and non supernatural explanation for it folks.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:52 AM

17 posts, read 18,738 times
I, too, have had problems with sleep paralysis.

For those who don't desire to read the article, the basic idea is that you wake up abnormally fast from REM sleep (the stage where you dream), and waking up this fast causes you to experience hallucinations resulting from your body still excreting the enzyme that keeps you from sleep-walking. Thus, you cannot move initially and it make take several moments for the effects of the enzyme to fade.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:07 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,915,877 times
Best evidence I've seen for ghosts:

YouTube - Real ghost in the bedroom

I believe in ghosts and have had quite a few experiences with them. I've had other family members and friends experience the same thing and thinking we all can't be crazy. I also do some low key ghost studies and have had some great evidence that can't seem to be debunked. It's an interesting subject which there will always be a divide in those who believe and those who do not.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:26 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,682,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
What else are ghosts supposed to do?
Host a radio talk show?
Be a guest on Oprah's show?
Go skiing?
You are too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Perhaps it is the only way they can get the attention of people who are otherwise oblivious. Maybe the subtle things aren't working. i.e. "Hey stupid, you got a ghost - see??? "wham, the cabinet door slams"

She also said that things would go "missing". She took off a necklace once and put it on her dresser. When she went to put it on, it was gone. She found it a couple of weeks later when she was dusting the TOP of her bathroom cabinets. She had to get a ladder to reach it. Good thing it wasn't me because as frequently as I dust, it would have been missing a long, long time (maybe forever).

20yrsinBranson
I'm going to check the top of all my cabinets right now. I have stuff I haven't seen in decades! (shows you how often I dust above eye level )

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
Best evidence I've seen for ghosts:

YouTube - Real ghost in the bedroom

I believe in ghosts and have had quite a few experiences with them. I've had other family members and friends experience the same thing and thinking we all can't be crazy. I also do some low key ghost studies and have had some great evidence that can't seem to be debunked. It's an interesting subject which there will always be a divide in those who believe and those who do not.
I didn't watch the clip, but I can see that the ghost is wearing pants. Am I seeing things??

p.s. and shoes, too!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,681,568 times
You should see that clip, southward. Trust me.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 PM

24,506 posts, read 33,286,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You are too funny!
Hey, some of my best friends are ghosts...

Quote:
I didn't watch the clip, but I can see that the ghost is wearing pants. Am I seeing things??

p.s. and shoes, too!
There is nothing wrong about a well-dressed ghost.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:15 AM

24,506 posts, read 33,286,457 times
Here is proof positive that ghosts exist...

Old 06-13-2010, 05:19 AM

731 posts, read 1,578,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I know a lady who has a spirit in her house. The cabinet doors routinely open and close by themselves, lights switch on and off, and other things occur. I am not supposing that she is dreaming that these things are happening. Of course they are and the reason may very well be a spirit(s). The reason I mentioned the aspect of "dreaming" the incident to the OP was because it occurred immediately after she was sleeping (by her own admission).

20yrsinBranson
Alot of people call that a poltergeist. There was a house down by my sisters that had the cabinets going and other stuff. Then one day it started hailing rocks from the sky. I swear that is true, the sheriff and deputy went down to see that crazy stuff.
Also, I have been told that poltergeists usually occupy a house where there is a young teenager, why I don't know.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,190,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
First of all when you remmeber a dream its is because you are lightly asleep. i think you were dreaming.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal