Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:15 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,538,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
Alot of people call that a poltergeist. There was a house down by my sisters that had the cabinets going and other stuff. Then one day it started hailing rocks from the sky. I swear that is true, the sheriff and deputy went down to see that crazy stuff.
Also, I have been told that poltergeists usually occupy a house where there is a young teenager, why I don't know.
Polergeist activity is caused by a individuals psychokinetic energy, (for some reason teens), and not spirit energy.
Just goes to show you how powerfull the mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 12:54 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,604,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If you are not certain whether or not your encounters/experiences are with an entity that is "good" or "evil" but you simply want to have them go away or just protect yourself ask the White Light of the Holy Spirit to surround/protect you and your loved ones.

My story: After the death of my father, he would sit in the living room each night and I would see him as I passed by the room on my way to my bedroom. This happened for a few months. I didn't know what he wanted and I was afraid to enter or even glance into the living room. One night I decided to go in there and talk with him. Told how him much I loved him, missed him and appreciated the good life that he had given our family. I just sat with him for a long time. He hasn't reappeared.
I think this is really beautiful.

I've had several experiences with spirits. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but some of the most memorable were right after my daughter died. She sat in the doorway to my bedroom for a couple months every night.

Some of my other experiences were scary. I eventually figured out that if you tell them to go away and find support in whatever higher power you believe in, they will.

Sleep paralysis is a different issue and from what I understand, does cause similar events to appear to happen. I do think this might be what happened to the OP.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:50 PM

271 posts, read 459,944 times
We live in the house that my grandma died in and also the house that my dad lived in before he died (he didn't die in the house though). There have been family members that claim "odd" or "supernatural" things happening here. My response is always, "Why would either of them want to still be hanging around here??? If I ever get out of here, dead or alive, you can bet I wouldn't want to come back!"

Errr...can you tell I don't like living here???

Old 06-13-2010, 11:59 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,269,661 times
For the skeptics out there, when it happens to you, then you will believe.
I have had many encounters with the unknown. Some quite funny and others really scary.
Here are just a few below. I have enough that I could write a book or two or three.

In an apt we used to live in, on the other side of town, I would catch glimpses of movement out of the corner of my eye, and many times I thought it was my other half. And I would end up talking to it, thinking it was him.
One day I was getting dinner ready, it was still light, and I was immersed in what I was preparing, I saw him walk past me into the dining room. He was carrying the paper folded up and went to sit down. So I am telling him about my day, then I asked him if he wanted tea with dinner. He didn't answer. So I brought the main meal into the diningroom to give him his, and he wasn't there. I looked around and he wasn't anywhere. I looked all over the apt, and he was not there.
Then I go back to the kitchen and wonder what just happened. He then arrived home about 10 minutes later.
--
Another time, while going to bed quite late, he was already asleep, I am feeling my way in the dark for the bed, since no night lights. I have my hands out in front of me, so i don't bump into a lamp or anything. And then I feel a finger poke me in the hand and I stop. And then run from the room. I went out so fast, then switched on the hallway light. he is sleeping soundly, no cats are in the room and nothing is there about chest high that could have poked me.
It took awhile for me to go back in there to sleep...then i slept with the bathroom light on.
--
Another time about a month ago, at my computer, with the lights off, playing a game. I then feel something touching my lips, like light fingertips. I stop what I'm doing and brush at my face like a bug is on me or something. And brush at my arms. Then I go back to my game once i realize nothing is there. Then 5 minutes later it happens again. I then go switch on the light and tell whoever or whatever is there to get lost and quit scaring me! Nothing else happens, but i leave the light on just in case.
--
I lay down to sleep and feel a cat get on the bed, walk up to my side and lay down. Then that kneading thing they do with their paws on the blanket, that starts going. So i reach over to pet them, and no cat is there. My 2 kitties are not in the room. I get up and go down the hallway and they are in the other room in their little kitty beds, sleeping.
I go back to bed, and a little while later, it happens again. The weight of an invisible cat on the bed, and the kneading begins again. i reach over, and no kitty again. So i try not to think about it and finally drift off.
I am not asleep when this happens, I am always awake. And half the time I cannot sleep because it's just so weird to me that invisible cats are on my bed. And how can they be invisible? I have no idea, but they just are.
I will even think to myself, this cannot be happening. How is this possible? And why can't we see them? We feel them, they are right next to us, yet we cannot touch them. It still freaks me out, because it's one of those unexplainable occurrences. It's also nice to know that my kitties that have crossed over, that some are still with me. Comforting in a weird way.

So many people think they know the answers about life, death and beyond. For those of us who have experienced things and what we think are ghosts, etc, it is real. We are not hallucinating. It definitely isn't sleep paralysis when i am in the kitchen making dinner while wide awake.
Once it happens to you, then you will believe. Open up your mind a little, there is a whole lot more out there than we are aware. Life doesn't stop when your body dies. It goes on. To where we go, only we know once we go there.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 AM

660 posts, read 1,539,733 times
I have been laying there in bed, and for whatever reason can feel the mattress to move, slightly, in wave-like fashion. I feel very 'in tune with' my surroundings when this happens. It's an eery sensation.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,683,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfMe View Post
I have been laying there in bed, and for whatever reason can feel the mattress to move, slightly, in wave-like fashion. I feel very 'in tune with' my surroundings when this happens. It's an eery sensation.
And what, exactly, are you laying?

Old 06-15-2010, 01:08 PM

731 posts, read 1,578,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Polergeist activity is caused by a individuals psychokinetic energy, (for some reason teens), and not spirit energy.
Just goes to show you how powerfull the mind.
Okay, thanks I knew it had something to do with teenagers in the house. Do you think that teenagers have more psychokinetic energy than adults?
Or is it just more open what?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:10 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,538,660 times
I don't know...maybe the rage'n hormones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
Okay, thanks I knew it had something to do with teenagers in the house. Do you think that teenagers have more psychokinetic energy than adults?
Or is it just more open what?

Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 PM

111 posts, read 265,583 times
About two months ago, my wife and I were lying in bed and the tv sitting on top of our dresser started rattling and shaking for a few seconds (and no, we weren't doing anything to cause anything to rattle and shake!). This happened several times during that night and the next night. We live in Colorado, so no earthquakes and besides, nothing else in the room was shaking. Over those same couple of days, one morning while brushing my teeth, the toothpaste tube started shaking by itself. Again, nothing else moved and I felt nothing - just saw and heared the toothpaste tube shake for maybe 2 or 3 seconds. Then later the plastic kitchen trash can started rocking back and forth for no known reason. But after those 2 or 3 days, nothing else happened for about two months.

Then, last night, my wife is in bed and I'm downstairs. She comes down and asks what's going on. I say nothing, and she tells me that now not only is the tv shaking, but the bed is shaking as well (but nothing else in the room). It happened a few times. I got to bed and it happened again, very briefly. I could feel the bed shaking under me and hear the tv rattling. Now, I can rattle our tv but I certainly can't shake and rattle our queen size bed, point being that it would take a lot to do that to our bed, but besides the tv and bed, everything else was perfectly still. The bed is the heaviest thing in our room, so if that shakes, everything else is going to shake, too (you would think).
I am a natural sceptic and I can come up with many reasons why things would rattle and shake. What I can't figure out is why would only one or two objects at a time shake and everything else remain still and quiet. That's the weird thing about it.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:28 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,388,538 times
Hi, folks!

OP here!

I haven't been back to this thread for awhile, but this morning, the same thing happened as in my OP.

I was in bed, trying to take a nap, about 11 am. I hadn't slept the whole night before. As I lay on my rightside, facing the wall, something shook my left shoulder, just like before! Except the first time I felt it was a woman's hand, this time it was definitely a man's hand. I was in a terrified state and couldn't move or speak. I knew not to turn over and look at whatever, but I sensed a presence on the other side of the bed.

Then finally I found my voice and said "go Away" but it came out half strangled, like I could barely speak. Well, whatever it was stopped shaking my shoulder. Then I found the courage to sit up and look at the other side of the bed. Two of my cats were curled up, one at the top and one at the bottom of the bed. Each cat seemed calm, like nothing had happened. If there had been something there, natural or supernatural, the cats would have freaked. but, perhaps I imagined it, but both cats were staring at me very intently with a protective look.

I've had other "close encounters of the weird kind, in all cases, cats were somehow involved, probably because I usually sleep with cats in my bed.

The parallels between today's incident and the one I wrote about in my OP are similar. Both happened in the daytime, when I was sleeping at an unusual time. Both times I was in the same bed. Both times I was alone in the house. Both times involved cats on the bed. However, the first incident we were in our previous house, this time we had moved and in our new home. Neither time was I taking any type of drug, like pain med, etc.

Weird Perhaps I can't dream an original dream
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal