U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2010, 12:51 PM

271 posts, read 589,994 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find out some more information about what I hear is an internationally known Air Conditioning Company based in England.

Unfortunately, I do not know the name of the company (which is one of the things I am looking for). About the only thing I know about it is that they are based about 2 hours away from London and the founder is now 61 years old which would make it in my estimation 20-30 years old.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 02:55 PM

More as to why I'm asking. (Not that you want to know but I'm going to tell you anyway. )

My God-son has informed me that he met this lady on-line whose father is the owner and founder of this company. My god-son is moving out to England this week to be with her, possibly marry her since he believes that she is "the right one". The father is going to be his sponser so that he, as an American can legally work in your country. Eventually, (within the next couple of years) the father is going to retire, the daughter is going to take over the company and if my boy is married to her he will also be running the company.

Now, if all this is true then I might be able to get a job with the company in a few years but since I know nothing about air-conditioning I better start studying up on it. If it's not true well, we'll just take it as it comes.

My boy - - love him like I do - - is not the "brightest" when it comes to hearing and understanding what is being said so I'm not able to get too much information from him such as the name of the company or the city in which it is in or, exactly what will be expected of him in order to work, stay and run a "multi-billion dollar, internationally known company" in England.

I don't want to encourage or discourage him, I just want to know more about the company etc.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:47 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,973,005 times
Wow. An internationally renowned multi billion dollar air conditioning company is going to hand over business operations to this "not the brightest" kid from a foreign country they know only from the Internet? No wonder our economy is up **** creek. Sounds almost too weird to be made up. Good luck with the job and reading up about it. What is your current employment? If you want to know more about this company remembering the name would be a start. BTW very few British homes have air conditioning. We make do with fans for the few hot days in Summer.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Thank-you

You're right that it does seem weird. Part of the reason I'm wanting to do this research is because it seems too weird. I'm curious more than anything else right now.

As for me I work and almost have always worked in Human Services so I can work with people but anything else (ie electronics, plumbing, technology etc) I have little to no experience with.

My boy never did tell me the name of the company. I'm not sure if he was told and picked it up as all he may have heard is "I'm going to be a billionaire"

Maybe we can start by trying to figure out an "upper-class" and/or industrial city that is 2 hours away from London?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 AM

England is quite geographically compact.

Half the major population centres can be reached within a couple of hours from London.

Why not just ask him? He is your god-son.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 PM

It's Birmingham.

What internationally-known company is based out of Birmingham? Don't ask me to ask my godson because he doesn't know He just knows that he is going to run it someday

Old 08-04-2010, 12:10 PM

337 posts, read 708,097 times
He did not get an email asking for money did he? Seems rather far-fetched...

Old 08-07-2010, 06:26 PM

This is becoming an interesting story. I did hear though that it's not an air-conditioning company but rather a company that makes fans for computers

Old 08-08-2010, 07:40 AM

I would seriously doubt any such companies exist.

Just like in the USA, all such cheap manufacturing moved to China years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or