U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-27-2012, 12:24 PM

2,134 posts, read 1,680,421 times

Advertisements

He is indeed very talented. Julian Alexander Kitchener-Fellows, Baron Fellows of West Stafford, that's his actual moniker. He also wrote the screenplay for the Robert Altman film Gosford park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 09:22 PM

3,525 posts, read 5,763,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
He is indeed very talented. Julian Alexander Kitchener-Fellows, Baron Fellows of West Stafford, that's his actual moniker. He also wrote the screenplay for the Robert Altman film Gosford park.
Yes, I watched Gosford Park and enjoyed that as well. I wish streaming on the BBC website was available here in the US.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:36 AM

4,151 posts, read 5,262,258 times
I don't know if this show was on the BBC or some other British network but I recently watched a few episodes of Vera, about a older female police detective in northern England and it was very good.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Status: "Don't pick up anything you can't put down." (set 1 day ago)

16,922 posts, read 8,217,733 times
I just discovered Acorn TV - through my Roku box. It has a free trial for the month of August 2012 and carries a pretty good selection of BBC series. "Vera" is next on my list - I'm currently watching Doc Martin, which I LOVE.

Anyone familiar with "Goodnight Sweetheart?" It's my absolute favorite series. I actually ended up ordering a set from the UK and having to buy a special international DVD player to watch them! But it's worth it.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:20 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,397,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear&Whiskey View Post
Sherlock is a new show and has gone down very well with critics and audience alike. From what I gather it's going down pretty well in America too. Amongst critics anyway. Sherlock is a BBC drama. Sherlock (TV Series 2010–*) - IMDb
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I always watch 'Wire in the blood' when It's on.
Quite a few PO suggested Sherlock. I quite like it, Jeremy Brett was, to my mind, the only actor who got Sherlock right, until this new series. Benedict Cumberbatch returns in Parade's End - Telegraph

There is going to be an American re-imagining titled Elementary, I already HATE the wardrobe. Seems a Sherlock is just out of rehab (better be for cocaine addiction) and Watson is played by Lucy Liu. meh
However, Jonny Lee Miller is playing Sherlock. He was in Trainspotting (epic) and played a killer on Showtimes Dexter and is quite compelling. Jonny Lee Miller - IMDb
Comic-Con -- 'Elementary' Lucy Liu, Jonny Lee Miller

No one has mentioned one of my very favorite (ever) programs: JEKYLL

Let's Play Lions!!! - YouTube

It's on Netflix streaming now (not Just DVD)

Old 08-16-2012, 11:06 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,052,728 times
Sherlock is absolutely awesome. It may be relatively old now, but Keeping up Appearances will always have a special place in my heart. So sad to hear about the actor who played Onslow (forgetting his name) dying.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM

3,525 posts, read 5,763,073 times
Just finished watching The Palace a TV series in 2008. I found it on Hulu. It's a fictional royal family in modern day Buckingham Palace. My one question is why do British end most sentences with the word, 'yes'. I've noticed it on other modern day shows.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 PM

2,654 posts, read 2,919,037 times
Hi all, bumping up

Its been awhile, I just ordered The Shadow Line

I can't seem to get New Tricks Season 4 without paying an arm & a leg for it.

I seen that Luther 3 is being released next year, such a long wait, sure wish there was a Garrow's Law 4

Old 09-03-2012, 11:47 PM

I like BBCA's Copper. Can you guys view that in the UK?

Its about time the BBCA finally put something decent on the air here instead of Star Trek reruns, Dr Who, they show Luther now & then but I already bought the DVD's for 1 and 2 a way's back.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 PM

Default Australia TV series and movies

I'd love some suggestions on Australia tv and movies also, I posted over there awhile ago nobody seemed interested to post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom