Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 02:21 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times

Advertisements

I love copper to kinda like Boardwalk Empire crossed with Gangs of New York. You will love The Shadow Line rural lady, one of my favourite shows ever, and the theme tune is hauntingly brilliant.

Emily Barker - Shadow Line Theme - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 04:19 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,979,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I love copper to kinda like Boardwalk Empire crossed with Gangs of New York. You will love The Shadow Line rural lady, one of my favourite shows ever, and the theme tune is hauntingly brilliant.

Emily Barker - Shadow Line Theme - YouTube
Thanks! I just got it, I have one more disc to view. Is there a second season?

Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
Sherlock is absolutely awesome. It may be relatively old now, but Keeping up Appearances will always have a special place in my heart. So sad to hear about the actor who played Onslow (forgetting his name) dying.
Me too, I love Hyacinth

Old 09-24-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
Loving Downton Abbey! Can't wait for series 3. I know it's not on BBC but had to put it out there. I saw an interview with Julian Fellowes and was so surprised to realize he was also the character Julian on his BBC show Monarch of the Glen. Loved that show! He is a very talented man!
Have you seen the Sharpe series, he is in 2 of them I think, I absolutely loved this entire series. Stars Sean Bean, the part was made for him.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 PM

Here are a few good one's from the US, I don't remember if I mentioned them.

HBO's Six feet Under this is about the people who run a funeral home, its hilarious at times and has drama.

The dvd's of season 1 should be alot cheaper now, don't know tho, could be high in the UK unless you have an all region player, look on ebay or amazon.

Showtimes Dexter he's with blood forensic's and kills only bad people, he has his own way of killing these people for their crimes. He likes blood splatter. The first season picture of Dexter on the DVD looked too simple so I never viewed it, I was wrong, wrong.

I don't remember if it was mentioned here but Person of Interest is great, I never heard of it because I seldom watch local programming I believe it runs on CBS on Thursday, anyway I am viewing the 1st season.

Fx's Sons of Anarchy is great, this is about a motorcycle club or gang who live in a small town.

AMC's Breaking Bad is great, I'm glad I rented the DVD, the first show I thought this is too simple for me, I was wrong, wrong again.

AMC's Hell on Wheels I love this one

AMC's Mad Men, you gotta see this one, if you remember the styles & period of the late 50's, 60's you'll love it.

Most of the 1st 2nd etc seasons are on dvd now.

I think its AMC who has a new series with Lou Diamond Phillips in it, some type of western, I'm wondering when they are going to air it, Lou Diamond Phillips never got the recognition he deserves. He started out in the LaBamba movie and was in that Billy the Kid with Charlie Sheens brother, I can't think of his name right now. Phillips was good in LaBamba he was young then, I guess he's in his late 30's or early 40's now. I'd of never heard about it, I was in the tractor supply and seen a cowboy and indians magazine at the check out and read about it.

Any word if Garrow's Law is going to continue? I think I viewed 3 seasons, how they could cancel this is beyond me.

I seen that Luther will have a 3rd season that's great, I love that gal in the show, the girl who is a killer.

I'm thinking to suscribe to Showtime to see Dexter, hate to pay but winter is coming and I like Nurse Jackie too.

Anyone new to this thread BBC's "The Grand" is great

Old 10-05-2012, 10:19 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,273 times
I can't recommend Victorian Farm, Victorian Christmas, Edwardian Farm and Wartime Farm enough! Absolutely fascinating stuff! Victorian Farm was my all-time favorite until Wartime Farm came along. These are remarkable series!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I just discovered "Bramwell," a series about a female doctor in Victorian London, who opens a charity hospital. FASCINATING and very well written, with great acting, character development, and costumes/sets.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times
Hunted is yet another BBC drama that has just started that looks AMAZING!

Hunted (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GorillaVid - Just watch it!

Old 10-11-2012, 01:56 AM

455 posts, read 1,131,677 times
I've recently gotten into sherlock and i think it's brilliant any other recent series that i may similarly enjoy? perhaps from the same creators?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom